OG Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSSOS:
    I've made a wee bit of a change in Selected Song Section. From henceforth this section will be known as Saturday's Selected Song On Sunday. So, if you're having a bad day, feel free to hit the SSSOS. Things going well? Yep, the SSSOS helps. Pondering as you're wandering? The SSSOS can help there too. I think what this really amounts to is one less post for me SSSOS and Keeping us Current will now be one and the same.

To help kick off the change with a bang, Here's Xavier Rudd and nice soothing reminder that "We Deserve To Dream" Have a great week folks. Thanks to all of you for being you, be kind, unwind and by all means keep up the amazing job. Welcome to another week... here we go!
    Last edited by BU2B; 10-31-2021, 07:49 AM.
    "I can't stop thinking big, I can't stop thinking big. In a world where I feel so small. I can't stop thinking big." Caravan | RUSH
    GWE4ME

Comment

Thanks BU2B ; Nice selection , I enjoyed that

Comment

As we near the holidays I wish that for each of you the past year has been mostly kind and the new one waiting in the wings helps to make some of your long cherished wishes come true. Thanks to each and every one of you. Thanks for helping me to think when I needed to, smile more when I should and appreciate all of the myriad of small wonders that life has to offer. I am forever in your debt - my hope is that each of you has someone special that you can smile with and at whether a friend, a pet, a spouse or a lover - be sure and let them know "Life is Better With You!"
        "I can't stop thinking big, I can't stop thinking big. In a world where I feel so small. I can't stop thinking big." Caravan | RUSH
        GWE4ME

Comment

Just in time for the Holidays - the official OG Group YouTube SSSOS channel - All songs posted to the OG Group will be updated here.
          GWE4ME

Comment

Friday’s NORML NEWS is on the way… until the newsletter arrives here’s the latest from Leafly -

The first-ever Leafly Cannabis Harvest Report, released today, counted 13,042 cannabis farm licenses in the 11 legal states where retail stores are open. This unprecedented peek into US pot production found farmers growing 2,278 metric tons per year. It’s a mind-boggling number—enough to fill 57 Olympic-size swimming pools, or more than 11,000 dump trucks stretching more than 36 miles.

https://www.leafly.com/news/industry...=110321-us-wed
            Gallup Poll: Americans’ Support for Marijuana Legalization Holds at Record High
            Last edited by BU2B; 11-05-2021, 10:34 AM.
            GWE4ME

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you imagine what 2300 tons going up in smoke must do for global warming? Sheesh!
              Global warming is for tree huggers!

• BU2B
              BU2B commented
              Editing a comment
              That does not include us home growers. If you figure about 3 grows a year the average home-grower will easily add 1 lb per person per year. GWE Members alone easily add an additional 16,900 lbs (conservatively) to that total per year.

• DeadlyFruit
              DeadlyFruit commented
              Editing a comment
              Pretty interesting article. Wild to think that it is no lower than fifth on the list of crops by wholesale value by state… ahead of cotton! As you said, this doesn’t count home grows, black market grows and the stuff that goes out the back door of legitimate grow companies, likely grown in excess of their license.

I wonder if they are calculating based on dried weight bud, or something else and if it includes trim that can be used in other down stream products like edibles and concentrates.

Saturday's Selected Song on Sunday (on Friday Night): Yep just as consistently inconsistent as usual. This Weekend/Start of the Week tune is a nice little reggae number about a reggae number - Sweet Sensi by Fortunate Youth.

I hope everyone had a good week. Smiles and bowls for everyone! Thanks yet one more time... YOU are the best!

Side note for OG Group Members - What are your thoughts on featuring a few of your grows or voiced over help hints and tips on youtube? I'd be happy to post 'em so anonymity can be maintained - like the OG Group SSSOS Channel links would only be available here or shared by those who have visited the channel.
            GWE4ME

Comment

Change of helm or demise for the OG GROUP?
              Due to unforeseen circumstances I will be making my last post on the OG GROUP December 31, 2021.

it’s been great folks an I appreciate each and every one of you. You are some of the kindest most giving people I’ve ever had the privilege to have met. Thank You! YOU are the pillars of the cannabis community as far as I’m concerned.

if one or several of you could take the helm I think that would be best for the community as a whole. You all hold far to much knowledge and experience to just fade away. But, that choice is not mine to make.

I’ll still be around gwe and I’m sure open my mouth more than I should. Happy Holidays to everyone - I guess what happens with the OG Group is up to you. All my best, Always!
              GWE4ME

Comment

It was nice for the newbies i guess? Signing up for the newsletter when they register is most helpful.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

No No! Don't go!! You are a great inspiration to me sir and there are so few like you. Your interest in improving the ability for new growers to get good info is very supportive of the original intent in this forum and while I would like to help you continue, I just don't have the energy anymore either to carry this load. I for one appreciate all you have done for the community. You are always the one who calls for everyone to calm down when things go south. As I have gotten to know you personally I have been so impressed with your level of compassion and caring for all but more importantly Your ability to grow phenomenal weed and wanting to share. I feel very blessed to have been able to host you and your lovely wife in my home prior to your doc appointment and the opportunity to get to know you better. Thank you! You da man!
                  Started 9/9/21: 2nd grow: Hawaii Sativa MAUI auto x 2 (had 1 no show)
                  Finished Grow: Critical Mass photo - fem x 3 plus 1 clone same
                  Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 5 gal cloth bags
                  Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                  Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw total
                  Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Guano, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros, My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil will do my pH correction
                  Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                  Reptile Humidifier/Fogger w/same RH controller, bottom intake fan, 6" heater
                  Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.
                  Old hippies never go away, they just
                  Grow Their Own

My salute to all who have served
                  Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Friday’s NORML News: 11.12.21

Veterans consume marijuana illegally everyday – here's how you can change that Details
                    11/11/21 3:11pm UTC
                    California Celebrates 25 Years of Medical Cannabis Access Details
                    11/05/21 5:21pm UTC
                    Michigan: Governor Signs Measure Expanding Eligibility for Participation in Medical ... Details
                    11/05/21 4:08pm UTC
                    Mississippi: Still No Timetable for a Special Session to Address Medical Marijuana ... Details
                    11/05/21 2:17pm UTC
                    Virginia: Election Outcomes Likely to Influence Marijuana Legalization Launch Details
                    11/04/21 4:20pm UTC

CRS Report: President Lacks Constitutional Authority to End Cannabis Prohibition by Executive Order
                    GWE4ME

Comment

A cautionary tale: Well I guess I’ve officially been given my notice of expiration- 1-5 years.

Years ago when I was younger and far more intelligent; I was also twice the man I am now. I weighed in at a hefty 320+ lbs and was somewhat braggadocios that all the members of my family but me had diabetes. Of course if I had had health insurance I would have known I not only had diabetes, but had it off the charts. Haven fallen off a 25 foot roof in the past (in what my wife refers to as my peter pan impression - despite what you've heard you can NOT fly) and doing my best to ween myself from 360mg of morphine a day and onto a more amenable cannabis regimen, Exercise was out of the question but diet I could change... and change it I did; rapidly. But after 15 years of raging diabetes I didn’t know I also had fatty liver. I lost weight alright, and lost it fast. Then I started getting sick and it just wouldn’t stop. Lucky me I had now progressed to liver cirrhosis. And … that’s where I am now. Medical procedures for banding of varicies in my neck and stomach is going to be taking up much of my next few months.

Here’s the take-away folks: Take care of yourself - no one else will do it for you. If you or a loved one has diabetes please don’t think it’s just nothing - get it taken care of and by all means consume more cannabis. Liver is a qualifying morbidity in the state where I reside for medical cannabis, so it’s for sure it’s Mary and I for the duration.

I didn’t find out until after I had been diagnosed with diabetes and liver cirrhosis that cannabis is one of the best glucose regulators available. The good thing is, I’m no longer on opiates or any pain meds other than cannabis, 2 diabetes medications no longer required and I am no longer diabetic or have to take blood pressure meds. However, if I’d been more knowledgeable and less prone to being so big headed I would have more time to enjoy it. Take care of yourself my friends you’re all too good to let complacency take you out.
                      Last edited by BU2B; 11-12-2021, 01:48 PM.
                      GWE4ME

Comment

• alltatup
                        alltatup commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This is why they say youth is wasted on the young: young people are immortal in their own minds.

I'm glad you lost all the weight and are taking care of yourself. The 60s and beyond can be very good years if we are not falling into diseases that can be prevented with proper diet, etc.

• Farmbuck
                        Farmbuck commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As we say in french Courage mon ami and take really care of yourself.

• DeadlyFruit
                        DeadlyFruit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Take care brother. Agree that youth is wasted on the young. The only thing I’d add is that doctors typically give you the worst case - not always, but often enough the reality turns out better than the the medical prediction (if you look after yourself). Sending good thoughts for your health.

All praise and respect to this man. BU2B is a hero and GWE is *very* lucky to have him!

Best wishes Brother.
                      I grow exclusively in large pots using soil comprised of the compost I make combined with Foxfarm or other quality commercial soils as an amendment. Appropriate nutes as needed. State of the art LED lighting and an evolving system of environmental controls allows me to pamper my plants and let them tell me what they need.
                      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
                      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
                      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Wow BU2B that is a real kick in the head. I have noticed recently that more people that I know are finding themselves in this state of affairs. We all do battle against entropy to stay here with the people who make a difference in life. I would like you to know that in the short time that I have been able to interact with you there has been a positive change in my life. Your knowledge that you are willing to share is invaluable. The person who shares knowledge with others is to be honored. I have this menace in my history and have been keeping it at bay, so far successfully. Stay vigilant friend. Best wishes for you and your family. Please stay with us. Your inclusion in the world is a good thing to be preserved. Peace.
                        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

SSSOSOS: Here are my two final OG Group music offerings. I’ll keep posting NORML News until the end of December as time allows. Once again happy holidays and as we start another year and another new day I hope you are all able to smile fondly as you Turn The Page. New day, new beginning. I am basically out of here folks. My very best to cannabis growers everywhere. Smiling at the new and cherishing the old - I leave you in the capable hands of the Fortunate Youth (even if they don’t know how to properly pronounce ‘sinsemilla’) 😃
                          Last edited by BU2B; 11-13-2021, 03:52 AM.
                          GWE4ME

Comment

BU2B by RUSH
                            I was brought up to believe
                            The universe has a plan
                            We are only human
                            It's not ours to understand

The universe has a plan
                            All is for the best
                            Some will be rewarded
                            And the devil will take the rest

All is for the best
                            Believe in what we're told
                            Blind men in the market
                            Buying what we're sold

Until our final breath
                            While our loving Watchmaker
                            Loves us all to death
                            In a world of cut and thrust
                            I was always taught to trust
                            In a world where all must fail
                            Heaven's justice will prevail

The joy and pain that we receive
                            Each comes with its own cost
                            The price of what we're winning
                            Is the same as what we've lost

All is for the best
                            Blind men in the market
                            Buying what we're sold

Until our final breath
                            Loves us all to death
                            Until our final breath
                            Must be what we deserve

Until our final breath
                            Must be what we deserve

All is for the best
                            Blind men in the market
                            Buying what we're sold

Until our final breath
                            Loves us all to
                            Loves us all to death

GWE4ME

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X