No announcement yet.

OG Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturdays Featured Song to close out the week is a selection by Jack Johnson, a little pondering that here we are, in times like these
    Last edited by BU2B; 09-11-2021, 01:23 PM.
    Get personal HELP from the OG Group Sign up for the GWE Newsletter and find out How to Get HELP with your plant(s) as Quickly as possible

Comment

Keeping us Current: 9.12.21

As Summer begins to pack her things so Autumn can take the stage everyone is staying QUITE busy! OJH is growin' and showin', Tokabigone is joining Canuck147 and others who are Autobucking the system. The Grouchy Old Man is hanging out with Cindy and CK is brewing up something tasty for the long winter. That's just the tip of the iceberg AND you have all been exceptional in care and guidance. Thanks again to everyone for being you and helping to make GWE the best! SHOWER THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE WITH LOVE - have a great week everyone!
      Last edited by BU2B; 09-12-2021, 09:30 AM.
      Get personal HELP from the OG Group Sign up for the GWE Newsletter and find out How to Get HELP with your plant(s) as Quickly as possible

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you !! You also have a beautiful autoweek !!

Friday's NORML News:
      Canada: Marijuana Legalization Not Associated with Upticks in Vehicular Accidents Resulting in Emergency Room Visits
      Authors found "no evidence" that legalization was associated with short-term changes in traffic safety.

Virginia: Botanical Medical Cannabis Sales Begin Details
      09/15/21 8:53pm UTC
      An Update on Statewide 2022 Marijuana Reform Ballot Initiative Efforts Details
      09/15/21 3:28pm UTC
      New Jersey: Courts Expunge Over 360,000 Marijuana Cases Details
      09/14/21 2:35pm UTC
      Live with NORML: Federal Policy Discussion 9/13/2021 Details
      09/13/21 9:50pm UTC
      California: Lawmakers Advance Legislation Providing for Medical Cannabis ... Details
      09/13/21 1:41pm UTC
      Last edited by BU2B; 09-19-2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Saturdays Selected Song: Ben Harper - Burn one down

Let us burn one, from end to end
        And pass it over to me my friend
        Burn it long, but burn it slow, to light me up before I go
        If you don't like my fire, then don't come around
        Cause I'm gonna burn one down
        Yes I'm gonna burn one down
        Yeah My choice is what I choose to do
        And if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you
        Your choice is who you choose to be
        And if you're causing no harm, then you're alright with me
        Cause I'm gonna burn one down Yes I'm gonna burn one down
        Herb, the gift, from the earth
        And what's from the earth is of the greatest worth
        So before you knock it, try it first
        Oh you'll see it's a blessing and it's not a curse
        Cause I'm gonna burn one down
        Yes I'm gonna burn one

Comment

Keeping us current: Sunday 9.19.21
          Perception - what a fascinating obstacle.
          As we start a new week just a reminder to 'beware of maya' (illusion).

Often what we perceive to be truth is based solely on where we're standing when we look at the subject in question.
          Empathy - It's easy to say but somewhat more difficult to put into practice.

I find it truly amazing that coming from as many directions as we do to end up here where all the veins meet that we communicate as well as we do. Much of effective communication is being able to 'walk in the mocs' so to speak, and doing your best to see what the other person sees from where they're standing. You all always far exceed any hopes I may have for a great group of folks who are exceptional at sharing, caring and empathy (and yes, growing cannabis.)

If I wore a hat... It would be off to you!

Have a great week everyone!
          BLIND MEN AND THE ELEPHANT. A HINDU FABLE. (John Godfrey Saxe)

i. It was six men of Indostan to learning much inclined,
          Who went to see the Elephant (Though all of them were blind),
          That each by observation might satisfy his mind.

ii. The First approached the elephant, and happening to fall
          against his broad and sturdy side, at once began to bawl:
          “God bless me!—but the Elephant Is very like a wall!”

iii. The Second, feeling of the tusk, Cried:”Ho!—what have we here
          so very round and smooth and sharp? To me ‘t is mighty clear
          this wonder of an elephant Is very like a spear!”

iv. The Third approached the animal, and happening to take
          the squirming trunk within his hands, Thus boldly up and spake:
          “I see,” quoth he, “the Elephant Is very like a snake!”

v. The Fourth reached out his eager hand, and felt about the knee.
          “What most this wondrous beast is like Is mighty plain,” quoth he;
          “‘Tis clear enough the elephant Is very like a tree!”

vi. The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear, Said: “E’en the blindest man can
          tell what this resembles most; Deny the fact who can?
          This marvel of an elephant Is very like a fan!”

vii. The Sixth no sooner had begun about the beast to grope,
          than, seizing on the swinging tail that fell within his scope,
          “I see,” quoth he, “the elephant Is very like a rope!”

viii. And so these men of Indostan disputed loud and long,
          Each in his own opinion exceeding stiff and strong,
          Though each was partly in the right, And all were in the wrong!

moral. So, oft in theologic wars the disputants, I ween,
          Rail on in utter ignorance of what each other mean,
          And prate about an elephant not one of them has seen!

The above tale is told in slightly differing versions throughout history on Indian subcontinent by Hindu, Jain & Buddhists to warn against dogma, certainty and perception of truth.
          Last edited by BU2B; 09-19-2021, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0551.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	740.6 KB
ID:	537806
            This is the latest from one of my Tangies. I've seen leaf petiole mutations on most of the plants and even a small bud growing on one of them.
            Project Murcott:
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2. Four female Crockett's Tangies in coco for seed.

Project Deuxberry:
            3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Four Dutch Passion Blueberries in coco for seed. Three females, one male. Harvested and drying.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae mix.
            Megacrop for seeded grows, Down-To-Earth dry amendments for regular grows.

Coconut Grove: Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Purple Kush, Peyote Z-----z, Pineapple Express, Wedding Cake and Alien Technology fem photos in new 4x4 tent under new Platinum P4-XML2 LED.

Nursery: 32"x32" tent with T-5 fluorescent panel. Photo seedlings waiting their turn: G-13, Purple Urkle, Sweet Zombie, Cloud Walker, Chocolate Mint OG, Romulan plus Cheese Auto, Magnum Auto and four BC Mangos for Project Ambika

On deck: BC Mango plus assorted feminized seeds. Have over 1000 homegrown Ghost Train Haze seeds and hundreds of Skunk #1 available for trade.

Comment

OG Group Featured Current Grows: AS OF 9.20.21*
              Click image for larger version  Name:	CKGrowFeature.jpg Views:	0 Size:	885.2 KB ID:	537868
              OG Group Member Ckbrew (9.18.21)
              Click image for larger version  Name:	TokaGrowFeature.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.12 MB ID:	537869
              OG Group Member TOKABIGONE
              Click image for larger version  Name:	DeadlyFruitGrow_Feature.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.36 MB ID:	537870
              OG Group Member DeadlyFruit
              Click image for larger version  Name:	FarmbuckGrow_feature.jpg Views:	0 Size:	539.0 KB ID:	537871
              OG Group Member Farmbuck
              Click image for larger version  Name:	UFGrow_Feature.jpg Views:	0 Size:	740.7 KB ID:	537872
              OG Group Member UndergroundFarmer
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_131380.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	537873
              Honorary Member @TheBern
              Click image for larger version  Name:	BU2BGrow_Feature.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.23 MB ID:	537874
              OG Group Member BU2B
              Click image for larger version  Name:	AB68863A-BE48-4301-A00C-17FEBBA3CF5F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1,001.8 KB ID:	538297
              OG Group Member @oldjarhead100
              Click image for larger version  Name:	jeffincanada_grow.jpg Views:	0 Size:	415.4 KB ID:	538324
              OG Group Member JeffInCanada
              If you enjoyed the pictures please consider following their grow journals (if they have one)
              More Featured Member Grows coming soon!
              Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeGrown.gif Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	537879
              ATTENTION OG Group Members: There is a popular notion that YOU can help prove false
              "Those that can, do. Those who can't, teach."
              If you have a current grow in progress, regardless of it's condition or age and would like to have your work featured here in the OG Group - PLEASE PM me a photo!
              We have all seen you can teach & assist rather well, now, it's time to show you can grow!

*NOTE:Featured Member Grows will happen every few weeks in the future. Please remember to get me your photos
              Last edited by BU2B; 09-23-2021, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Got a nice East wind to O'Day. Look at all that free soil amendment. Once the tide goes out I will get to filling the compost bin. And freakshow is starting to get that the end is near fade. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210921_162804508_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	537965Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210921_162839407.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	6.32 MB
ID:	537966Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210921_163421104_BURST001.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	5.76 MB
ID:	537967

Comment

Well heck old growers heres some oldies as long as it's show an tell now i'll chime in.
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Love the coffee jugs. They look healthy and happy.

Comment

Mid week Madness - Several members and non members are having a hard time as of late. Little things, big things, just things in general. When it all seems a bit much remember... Don't Hold Your Breath! because Today is a good day for a good day. I know sometimes it’s a bit hard to remember that good shit happens too!
                      Last edited by BU2B; 09-23-2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Friday's NORML News: And its a big one folks
                        IF you don't feel like clicking links then don't but if you do... they are provided for your convenience.
                        September 24, 2021

Just now, the House of Representatives passed HR 4350, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). For the first time ever, this must-pass legislation included language, the Secure and Fair Enforcement (SAFE) Banking Act, amending federal law so that state-licensed marijuana-related businesses can engage freely in relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
                        Now, members of the US Senate will decide whether or not to include it in their version of the bill. While we are in a strong position to finally enshrine the SAFE Banking Act into law with its inclusion in the House version of the NDAA, we would be in an even stronger position if it were present in both chambers' funding packages.
                        That is why we’re asking you to contact your Senators to support the inclusion of SAFE in the Senate package.

Federal law currently defines all marijuana-related endeavors as criminal enterprises, including those commercial activities that are licensed and legally regulated under state laws. Therefore, virtually no state-licensed cannabis businesses can legally obtain a bank account, process credit cards, or provide loans to small businesses and entrepreneurs.
                        In this environment, the rapidly growing multi-billion dollar cannabis industry must operate largely on a cash-only basis, which makes businesses more susceptible to theft and more difficult to audit. This ongoing federal prohibition also places the safety and welfare of these businesses’ customers at risk, as they must carry significant amounts of cash on their persons in order to make legal purchases at retail facilities.
                        It is critical to balance the dire need to accomplish comprehensive reform at the federal level while making every effort possible in the immediate term to support the successful state-level programs to ensure safe and efficient consumer access to quality cannabis that is cost-competitive with the unregulated market.
                        For these reasons, NORML has long advocated that federal lawmakers vote “Yes” on The SAFE Banking Act.
                        As Congress continues to grapple with all of the issues that face the American people, including charting a pathway forward to finally repeal the senseless policy of national cannabis prohibition, now is the time to move this consensus-driven, bipartisan effort from legislation and enshrine it into law.

So please, send a message to your Senators and encourage them to support the inclusion of the SAFE Banking Act to move one step closer to normalizing the sale of cannabis in America.

Thanks for all you do,
                        NORML

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
                          UndergroundFarmer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Senator Blunt, ironically won't be moved on this issue. The junior Senator Whyhasn'thebeenexpelled is no different.

Saturday's Selected Song: I kind of went overboard this week with the music links - so, no Saturday Selected Song - but there have been 3 songs linked in just the last few days. (Post #86)
                        I hope everyone had a great week

Comment

FYI: I finally got off my lazy behind and got the quick links by post done - something I've been wanting to do for awhile. You can see the results here This will hopefully make getting around and finding things at least a little easier for newcomers and regular visitors to the OG Group. Hang in there folks... this week is rapidly drawing to a close.

Comment

Keeping Us Current: 9.26.21
                            Wow this week really flew by! Just a quick shout out to EVERYONE and thanks for your time, effort & energy. Keep planting those Seeds Of Freedom

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X