• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday's NORML News: 10.29.21

NORML Heads to Cannabis Week in NYC Details
    10/26/21 9:17pm UTC
    Maryland: Most Residents Want to Legalize Marijuana for Adult Use Details
    10/26/21 3:29pm UTC
    New York: Officials Advance Home Cultivation Regulations for Qualified Patients Details
    10/22/21 1:14pm UTC
    Show Your Commitment to Legalization in 2022 Details
    10/21/21 8:30pm UTC
    "I can't stop thinking big, I can't stop thinking big. In a world where I feel so small. I can't stop thinking big." Caravan | RUSH
    GWE4ME

Comment

Thanks BU2B ; Nice selection , I enjoyed that

Comment

The official OG Group YouTube SSSOS channel - All songs posted to the OG Group from Eh? to Zed!
        Last edited by BU2B; 12-13-2021, 09:03 PM.
        "I can't stop thinking big, I can't stop thinking big. In a world where I feel so small. I can't stop thinking big." Caravan | RUSH
        GWE4ME

Comment

Friday’s NORML NEWS is on the way… until the newsletter arrives here’s the latest from Leafly -

The first-ever Leafly Cannabis Harvest Report, released today, counted 13,042 cannabis farm licenses in the 11 legal states where retail stores are open. This unprecedented peek into US pot production found farmers growing 2,278 metric tons per year. It’s a mind-boggling number—enough to fill 57 Olympic-size swimming pools, or more than 11,000 dump trucks stretching more than 36 miles.

https://www.leafly.com/news/industry...=110321-us-wed
          Gallup Poll: Americans’ Support for Marijuana Legalization Holds at Record High
          Last edited by BU2B; 11-05-2021, 05:34 AM.
          GWE4ME

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you imagine what 2300 tons going up in smoke must do for global warming? Sheesh!
            Global warming is for tree huggers!

• BU2B
            BU2B commented
            Editing a comment
            That does not include us home growers. If you figure about 3 grows a year the average home-grower will easily add 1 lb per person per year. GWE Members alone easily add an additional 16,900 lbs (conservatively) to that total per year.

• DeadlyFruit
            DeadlyFruit commented
            Editing a comment
            Pretty interesting article. Wild to think that it is no lower than fifth on the list of crops by wholesale value by state… ahead of cotton! As you said, this doesn’t count home grows, black market grows and the stuff that goes out the back door of legitimate grow companies, likely grown in excess of their license.

I wonder if they are calculating based on dried weight bud, or something else and if it includes trim that can be used in other down stream products like edibles and concentrates.

It was nice for the newbies i guess? Signing up for the newsletter when they register is most helpful.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

No No! Don't go!! You are a great inspiration to me sir and there are so few like you. Your interest in improving the ability for new growers to get good info is very supportive of the original intent in this forum and while I would like to help you continue, I just don't have the energy anymore either to carry this load. I for one appreciate all you have done for the community. You are always the one who calls for everyone to calm down when things go south. As I have gotten to know you personally I have been so impressed with your level of compassion and caring for all but more importantly Your ability to grow phenomenal weed and wanting to share. I feel very blessed to have been able to host you and your lovely wife in my home prior to your doc appointment and the opportunity to get to know you better. Thank you! You da man!
            Grow # 3 100% Indica Purple Bubba photo fem
            Seeds drop in water 1/2/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
            Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
            Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
            Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
            i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
            My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
            make pH correction unnecessary
            Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
            8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
            Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
            Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Friday’s NORML News: 11.12.21

Veterans consume marijuana illegally everyday – here's how you can change that Details
              11/11/21 3:11pm UTC
              California Celebrates 25 Years of Medical Cannabis Access Details
              11/05/21 5:21pm UTC
              Michigan: Governor Signs Measure Expanding Eligibility for Participation in Medical ... Details
              11/05/21 4:08pm UTC
              Mississippi: Still No Timetable for a Special Session to Address Medical Marijuana ... Details
              11/05/21 2:17pm UTC
              Virginia: Election Outcomes Likely to Influence Marijuana Legalization Launch Details
              11/04/21 4:20pm UTC

CRS Report: President Lacks Constitutional Authority to End Cannabis Prohibition by Executive Order
              GWE4ME

Comment

All praise and respect to this man. BU2B is a hero and GWE is *very* lucky to have him!

Best wishes Brother.
                I grow exclusively in large pots using soil comprised of the compost I make combined with Foxfarm or other quality commercial soils as an amendment. Appropriate nutes as needed. State of the art LED lighting and an evolving system of environmental controls allows me to pamper my plants and let them tell me what they need.
                My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
                I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
                Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Wow BU2B that is a real kick in the head. I have noticed recently that more people that I know are finding themselves in this state of affairs. We all do battle against entropy to stay here with the people who make a difference in life. I would like you to know that in the short time that I have been able to interact with you there has been a positive change in my life. Your knowledge that you are willing to share is invaluable. The person who shares knowledge with others is to be honored. I have this menace in my history and have been keeping it at bay, so far successfully. Stay vigilant friend. Best wishes for you and your family. Please stay with us. Your inclusion in the world is a good thing to be preserved. Peace.
                  Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Life has an amazing way of kicking you when you least need it. But you kick back and aim for the nads. Life is dirty. Fight back dirty. Chin up BU2B. We will leave this game only when they drag our bodies off the field.

Comment

Fridays NORML NEWS: 11.19.21

Republican Representative Introduces Legislation to Repeal Federal Marijuana Prohibition Details
                      11/15/21 7:07pm UTC
                      Medical Cannabis Sales Finally Set to Begin in West Virginia Details
                      11/12/21 3:57pm UTC
                      GWE4ME

Comment

November 25, 2021

I hope you and yours are having a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. As we are all about to sit down for a big meal with family and friends, I wanted to make sure you saw our message from yesterday. We have so much to be thankful for as marijuana consumers this year and, as we head into the holiday season, we wanted to take a minute to look back on all our major victories. Together, we're changing marijuana laws around the country. If we keep standing together and fighting as one movement, we will liberate even more states from the grip of prohibition in 2022.
                        Thanks for all you've done and all you will do to help legalize marijuana across this great nation.
                        Onward,
                        Erik Altieri
                        NORML Executive Director

and here is the 'message from yesterday':

As we reflect back on our many hard-earned victories of 2021, it is apparent that we have much to be thankful for.

This year, the possession and use of cannabis by adults became legal in five additional states:
                        Connecticut, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, and Virginia. That means that an additional 42 million Americans have been liberated from the oppressive and failed policy of marijuana prohibition!

We are also thankful that more states are taking actions to right the past wrongs of cannabis criminalization. In recent months, state officials in California, Illinois, New York,
                        Virginia, and elsewhere have moved to either seal or expunge the convictions of some 2.2 million Americans who formerly faced the lifelong stigma of having a marijuana-related criminal record.

And we are thankful that we are continuing to win the hearts and minds of the American people. A record 68 percent of US adults now say that marijuana ought to be legal nationwide, according to the latest polling compiled by Gallup. This includes majorities of Democrats, Independents, and Republicans – as well as voters of virtually all ages.

But while we have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, we must not lose sight of the fact that we still have much more to do.

As we begin to look forward to 2022, we see new and important opportunities ahead of us. We see pathways to victory in various statehouses across this country, like Rhode Island and Maryland, and we anticipate voters in several additional states, such as Missouri and Nebraska, to approve marijuana reform ballot initiatives next November. At the federal level, for the
                        first time we have dueling Democratic and Republican-led efforts – such as The MORE Act, the Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act and the newly introduced States Reform Act -- to repeal federal cannabis prohibition and open up pathways to interstate marijuana commerce.
                        Last edited by BU2B; 11-25-2021, 03:23 PM.
                        GWE4ME

Comment

OG Group

PLEASE NOTE: As of 1.1.22 this Forum, thread or topic “The OG GROUP” will no longer be active.
                          Feel free to continue to browse it for information and/or tips. You should keep in mind however that this Forum, thread or topic “The OG GROUP” will not be updated and you should not rely on it for quick answers to plant issues - please peruse GWE and its other Forums help pages and topics - which WILL CONTINUE TO BE UPDATED for relevant and current help, postings or comments and topics.

New Users with plant issues - Please start HERE
                          Plant Doctor - Diagnose Your Cannabis Plants! | Grow Weed
                          Last edited by BU2B; 11-27-2021, 08:39 PM.
                          GWE4ME

Comment

• BU2B
                            BU2B commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sorry for the confusion. The GWE Growers Forums are indeed NOT GOING ANYWHERE!! And the goal is still to get as many educated growers as possible. As long as I’m around it will always be GWE4ME but The OG Group is pretty close to being history.

• SoOrbudgal
                            SoOrbudgal commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh this is good news Thank you SiriusFourside and BU2B for helping this old gal with clearing my mind on this. Keep on learning and growing.

• BU2B
                            BU2B commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks again SoOrbudgal for calling me out and insuring information is correct and easily understood 👍🏼

No i want to Thank You for so much help in this forum BU2B so many old timers have dropped out of site i miss the older GWE sorry too many new changes all around me. I'm learning to adjust and not worry so much.
                          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                          indoor/outdoor grower
                          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Friday's NORML News: 16 December 2021
                            Study: Chronic Pain Patients Significantly Decrease Opioid Use Following Initiation of Medical Cannabis
                            Pain patients, on average, reduced their opioid use by nearly one-third, with some of the study's participants reducing their use by over 40 percent.

Government-Funded Study Shows Unprecedented Decline in Marijuana ... Details
                            12/15/21 7:01pm UTC
                            Tell Us What You Think – Take the NORML Survey Details
                            12/15/21 4:00pm UTC
                            Missouri: St.Louis Lawmakers Repeal Local Marijuana Possession Laws Details
                            12/14/21 7:20pm UTC
                            New Jersey: Regulators Approve Provisional Licenses for 30 New Medical Marijuana ... Details
                            12/09/21 3:15pm UTC

Last edited by BU2B; 12-17-2021, 02:07 PM.
                            GWE4ME

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X