Drug test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drug test

After a year of being laid off my husband got a call to go back to work. We own a grow and he’s the main component. He had to take a drug test a few days ago. He doesn’t smoke, only handles the plants etc. what’s the chances the test could come back positive? It was a urine test.

There is little chance of testing positive from merely contact. It really depends on how much contact there is. Trimming large quantities shortly before a test might trigger a positive but the chances are slim from what I've read.

Comment

He had done some defoliating but he told me he wore gloves. Thank you!

Comment

I queried google and my curiosity was assuaged. And like most things with this plant, it's a yes and no.

Comment

Yes, that’s the same issue I ran into!

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he should be fine, especially if he wore gloves. I used to have to test twice a month for parole and never came up hot from being around it or handling it, or blowing the smoke in my face so I could smell it. Only times I did was at the end, when I actually smoked it because I didn't care cause they really couldn't do anything to me at that point. So yeah, I think he'll be fine as long as he hasn't actually ingested any.

I will add, with prolonged gloveless contact I could see it being possible to accumulate enough on your hands to be absorbed into the skin. I still don't think it would be a high enough concentration to show up though.
            Last edited by dphipps1020; 05-28-2021, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Okay, thank you. Appreciate the feedback!

Comment

As long as he only handles the plants there should be no trace in his bloodstream or urine. If however he is exposed to second hand cannabis smoke, it could show up in a urine test. usually takes a few weeks to completely be removed from one's system.

Additionally if you live in an area where cannabis is legal then they can't deny employment because it is a legal recreational drug and unless they are also testing for blood alcohol its a mute point. It would be like saying you didn't get the job because you had a beer or a glass of wine.
                I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oregon law gives employers AND landlords the right to 'discriminate'

That’s actually not true I’m in a safety sensitive position in Canada and you can very much lose a job or not get a job because of weed

Comment

Agree with Willyd. Not an expert (Canada or us) but I did just read somewhere on GWE, or maybe it was in the newsletter, that California makes no allowance for medical cannabis use in a workplace situation (let alone recreational). I think that was more about use during the day but it is pretty close to the mark. I have also heard second hand that companies still include cannabis on the list of things tested for. I don’t at all agree with it being appropriate that I can get prescribed something by a doctor that my employer can fire me for taking or fire me for having a joint on my own time but not for taking a drink. It’s crazy, but apparently it’s allowed.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X