No announcement yet.

Lets Grow Trees 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday was the longest day of the year here, first thing I did was get out the tractor and off to the spring for some water. I found the mud had expanded without my consent, and got stuck, spent a bit of time pulling it out, then back to getting water. Supposed to get rain today, all rain barrels ready to catch whatever I can. The spring water runs a tad high on PH so I used black strap to bring it in range. Flower season is near as the days grow short!

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      HI, a friend wants to grow outside next year. His wife was from the Philippines, they have a daughter, wife is paranoid about the weed. A mutual friend own 20 acres 10-15 minutes away and gave permission. Even if I started them for him inside do you think photos could grow to fruition outdoors in Zone 5b/IL? Thanks!

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont start photos inside, but plant them out before the last frosts (I got a late start with some this year), yes they may need covered. Or go with autos (the big girls not the shrimps). Outside in the pasture, one does not want a trail to them, I used animal paths/trails and plant off to the sides. Yes they can finish, may want to try a short cycle (something that takes 8 weeks to flower, like an Indica). BTW I dont blame the lady for her paranoia.

Ok, so I think we've made it back to veg, just in time for them to flower again. Don't see but a few dime sized buds on the lower branches....gotta remove them all, huh? Even though they're going right back into flower? These gonna stretch again? Oh me oh my...what have I done went and did.

Accidentally brought my macro, so these are from about 10 feet away.

I'm 6 foot tall, the Bruce Banner is up to my chin. Them main colas are gonna be as chonky as my thigh...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0426.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	522015

One of the hidden buds....gotta remove?

Name:	IMG_0423.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	522016

Alaska TF.......turning into a bush and I did nothing but top it once. About waist tall, and 3' diameter

Name:	IMG_0427.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	522017

Not really any bud sites I could find...but she's dense.

Name:	IMG_0424.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	522018

Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes the budlets will need to be removed, but you need not rush, remove them when the die or before. They must come off to prevent rot. Yes she will stretch and not likely return to flower until about mid August. Now would be a good time to take a clone.

First picture is looking east second is looking west. this morning. The bigger ones are cookies gelato from RQS.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look great and are going to be huge.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Look at all that sky! I wish I had that much sunshine for my girls.

The Wet Teddy Bears are lookin' nice, started a bit of yellowing with the hell, I mean hot weather and some black strap. They should be done just as the the photos are starting to flower.
    Damn its hot, and all y'all out on the left coast, ice cream, a truck load of it so you can cool off!

Comment

My two white widows in the ground. Topped twice. Also two bag seeds autos I thought were photos and treated like photos. Topped and transplanted twice. Small but chunky. And a tall lanky Zkittlez going in a 15 gallon pot today.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll find some autos in my grows also, but I dont top anything, I bend and tie.

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't have done so much to these had I known they were autos. Bag seeds, go figure. They're at 13 weeks so just about done. A few amber yesterday.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm still smoking my last harvest of Zkittlez Bowhunterwoody great homegrown very sweet smelling she produce very well in my tent. Outdoors wow that would be great bug producer in a 15gal.

Weekly update! Everything progressing like it should the Trainwreck looks like it started to flower and is reveging now. The Freakshow is starting to put on some size.
      Attached Files
      4x4 flower tent
      sour dream
      Blue Diesel
      Trainwreck
      platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
      Green Dream
      Sour Dream
      blue dream
      Freakshow

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Reveg just in time for the days to grow shot again, mine never fully reveged before she finished, but she tried.

3 days ago we were very dry and well behind on rainfall, over the last few days we have picked up a lot of rain (I got 4+ inches in 2 days). After the rain moved through yesterday I went out and took off all yellow and dead leaf, and a few that were just in the way.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I just came back from Medford, Oregon 115f it's one bad summer without any rain in sight. It was 111f at our place. We are very cautious of what we do other than move things to shaded areas water but don't drown the plants.

We have had so much rain over the last week, I wish I could have shared it with our left coast friends. WPM is the result of rains then heat, so I be trimmin' all the fat leaves out I can (big job). Got out the weed eater and trimmed the weeds around them. The Wet Teddy Bears (autos) are getting fat, seeds are ripe on the first girl to flower, so I'll be watching her with a 30x lens.
      On the photos, I am starting to see some preflowers, the blueberry I may have to give some more sulfur. It's going to be a grand fall!

Comment

The Wet Teddy Bears are looking nice and getting smelly, wont be much longer until they get chopped! I see preflowers on a few of the photos so fall is almost here.
        I continue to remove leaf as needed to gain air flow and reduce WPM. Found some bore worms, looked like bug poo coming out of the limb, I cut it off and opened it up, there it was, now a dead bore worm. I found 2 more and just smashed the limb until I felt the pop.
        I have a nice amount of F2 seed from the first WTB, and F1s from the Greasy Grapes clone (x WTB) we'll call them Margie. I am still amazed at the size of these WTB autos, some made 7'.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for trying to send us some rain Rwise it's not looking good again with that fire up river. It's uncontrolled and gaining alot of ground. Very dry almost no humidity like 15% no rain in the near future. Really is awful for many people there near Jack Creek fire. It's windy as heck damnit it's sad. Man you guys got the floods we got the fires in Oregon. PS i got preflower on mine also which is good sign.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I know someone else who is amazed at the size of those autos.

8' block wall...... Uh oh. LOL

Name:	IMG_0430.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	4.18 MB
ID:	524327
        BB

Name:	IMG_0431.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	524328
        ATF
        Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• Floopydoop
          Floopydoop commented
          Editing a comment
          There is no way I can see to strip all the early flower budsites on the ATF.....she's gonna rot. I have the sads.

Just lop off the mains? OOOOF.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          It hurts but I trim some sites off, inside and lower stuff aint gonna make any way (unless one does a double harvest), so off it comes for air flow.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Before I lost it to bud rot I would use "Trifecta Crop Control" its pricey, claims to be safe to harvest, all natural yada yada, I have used it before it left no taste I could tell behind, of course we dont want to but.

Been a very busy week here, seems the faster I work the behinder I get. I cut down 4 of the WTBs, milky with some amber trics. I took them at this point because a pair of Cardinals were stealing my seed from them. Not to mention the LEO that has been coming down and looking, and well I was a couple over, which brings me to the Blueberry, I cut it down. Fact is it was not healthy, though the roots looked nice and white, no bugs in the soil, maybe a tad dry. But it was not going to make a "good" crop, some yes it would have, but it aint worth it IF he wants to look closer. I have also cut down 2 males in the BB4 (I promised the folks near me I would not have males outside in the flower season), watching the others closely.
        Getting the 2 males out of the BB4 gives the last 1 some room to breath, stretch her out and now she can fill in. The first WTB I cut down, I missed the bottom 2 limbs, I'm a gonna let them phatten up!
        Trees, these aint trees, I have to talk my friend into letting me take some pics of his. I went over to help sex a plant he was worried about (he is using my seed). We cut down a male plant 10 feet tall, he has 3 females left about that same height. And whats he do, he scratched the ground, dropped a few seed, kick soil over it and has done nothing else. No PHing, no trimming, no nutes, just whatever falls from the sky. And me, I work my ass off for these little bushes, I think my tallest would be maybe 6 feet. Mine are bushier, so maybe my finish will be better than his.

Comment

Just one of these is starting to flower now. Hope to have a couple trees by Sept, Oct. Second pic is of a plant that got 3 rounds of nutes by mistake. Did not burn but did this crazy stuff. I cut the crazier top off of it.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang fine looking gals ya got there desertdan. I'm just taking a wild guess at the height once the end of blooming finishes and you just waiting to harvest. I'm gonna guess 10ft from base to top yessir that's what i'm thinking.

Took these a few days ago when we finally got some sun. There's even a hummingbird enjoying the sun in the bee balm pic. The two white widows are a little over 4 ft and the Zkittlez is a little taller but not as bushy. It's a month younger. No real sign of preflowers yet. A little surprised with as dark and rainy as it's been. Two inches last night, more today and tomorrow. Thought I saw a guy up the road building an ark.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Well i can't enlarge them won't show up Bowhunterwoody. I see that center pic wow very bushy. Hope you get some clear skies for a few days man i bet those would blow up in that beautiful yard you have.

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks SoOrbudgal. Wish I could send you some of this rain. You guys could really use it out there

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Lookin good, now for some dry sunshine!

Bowhunterwoody that one near the border is a freaking fire storm won't put that out till when it rains man that's awful there. Here our smaller fire 15,000acres is being handled OK, we've just been dry and hot with strong winds. Thank you for the kind thoughts.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Talked to the guy I got the seed from since they are most familiar with their particular phenos....he said remove the 2 mains on the ATF and it should be fine. The Hulk is looking exactly as it should...says them.

Rwise SoOrbudgal
            Yep....what I could save and dry was one hit quit. Think there's some budlets in the middle that may need removing too. It's a fricking octopus now

Name:	IMG_0437.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	525927

Name:	IMG_0436.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	525928

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X