Seedling issues? 🌱 looks bad v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Seedling issues? 🌱 looks bad v2

So far second attempt, little more growth then last time I tried. Same 150watt CFL space bucket. Seedling is bigger, but the leaves are dropping down, and I see some discoloration.

Haven't use any nutrients yet other then what's added to the medium from the store, I have the seedling in a 1 Gallon pot, spraying the stem area with small spray bottle, until it appears damp, a few sprays. Plant is so small, trying to avoid overwatering in the big planter. Lights on 24/7.

Here's what it looks like atm, are my lights cooking it? Or it's it nutrients related, I cant tell, and I don't wanna choose wrong and killl it. It's 68-70F in the bucket, with 50-60% RH with the vent fans on
    Last edited by SpaceBound; 05-08-2021, 06:46 PM.

I think they may be thirsty, you might want to up your watering to about a shot glass worth 1-2 times a day. A lot of people worry so much about over-watering that they end up under-watering instead. Try that for a couple days and see if she perks up.

Comment

Will do, thank you

Comment

Coco has NO nutrients unless the company added calmag. I use mother earth and it is prebuffered with calmag plus I do it again along with a 1/8 seedling dose of nutrients in the water I use to presoak the medium.

Then just water with pH 5.5-6.5 water (not RO) with a spray bottle so you don't over water.

Then just keep the soil moistened and your pretty good for nutes for about a week or so.
        Start your seedling level nutes when you get the second round of regular leaves.
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• panalilies
          panalilies commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the GH trio, do you use all 3 for the seedling or just 1/the calmag? And do you use 1/8 of the recommend strength on the bottles ( wanna make sure I understand). And what is the RO meaning?

I use this chart that NebulaHaze developed.

For photoperiod:
        coco-coir-flora-series-schedule(1)(1).pdf

For autoflower:
        0_Auto-Flowering-Coco-Coir-Nutrients-Flora-Series-Trio-CaliMagic.pdf

Read this,
        ​​​​​​​https://www.growweedeasy.com/coco-co...is-grow-medium
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Catfish22; 05-08-2021, 10:52 PM.
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        6" battery/usb fans
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Yeah, I cant buy anything online at this time. My entire set up cost less then GH trio. If I can't get one plant to grow and harvest, my wife will let me spend more for the next go around.

It says right on the bag, specially blended with amendments for 9 months of continuous feeding.

I have a 5-3-3 all purpose plant food, but I haven't added it yet. I added 1/4 str right off the bat a few weeks ago on my last attempt, and I ended up with a dead baby groot. I was going to add 1/4 nutrients when it got a little further along in its early stages this go around.

I have been watering with a spray bottle as already mentioned, but I compared it to the "shot glass full" recommendation, and based on that I was severely under watering.

What do you mean by RO? I'm noob sorry
          Last edited by SpaceBound; 05-09-2021, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
            DeadlyFruit commented
            Editing a comment
            RO is reverse osmosis water filtration. RO and distilled water aren’t great for watering plants because trace minerals the plant can use are lost from the water. Some of them are not in many nutrient solutions. Better to use regular tap water. Some people are against the chlorine but I’ve never worried about it. If it bothers you just leave your water sit for 24 hours and the chlorine will evaporate out of it. Using RO would just be making extra work for yourself (assuming you have drinkable tap water).

• panalilies
            panalilies commented
            Editing a comment
            I found a hydroponics store near me. if you cant buy anything "online" maybe you can see if there is a physical store near you. Even Ace hardware sells hydroponics supplies (if you are in the US)

Water wise I'm using tap, ran through some name brand filter that hooks to the faucet.

It's not that I can't buy it locally. Again I have less money in whole project then it cost to get anything like that. I cannot spend the money I want atm, or I'd buy a tent, all the shit people constantly make writes about, 400w grow light with exhaust.

Wife told me I can't unless I can actually get something to grow. Budget already maxxed atm.. So I'm using space bucket I built.

If I can atleast get it thru thr vegetative state she'll let me spend more, and I'll get all the best stuff. In her eyes its another passing project to do while I'm stay at home dadding during Corona nonsense I have more time. , can't complain though.

Comment

Here's my take on growing in coco...

You MUST treat it like a hydro-grow, just like catfish mentioned.
            In my dtw tray, I will feed the medium until I get runoff-even with seedlings.
            Can you give us a link on the coco you're using???
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

This attempt I used

Dollar General makes it easier to shop for everyday needs by offering the most popular brands at low everyday prices in convenient locations and online.

I have the 2 mixxed, the Vigoro was 90% sticks and wood, the 2nd one looked darker, richer and over all better consistency for my planter.

This is what I got for veg, I have not added any yet. Been holding off because last time I added it to the plant medium, it died whether it coienecdece or the cause, I dunno. So I was just waiting for more progression this time.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...sf6DnbMru25RXH LhLj4FVB6X37r7GxI7waAqJrEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds.

This is 2 days after upping water to shot glass recommendation. I think its improving? It looks bigger anyways

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210510_115433.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	514240

I noticed it leaning, is that a problem? I think the medium let the seed shift early. I never corrected it not wanting to touch the seedling. But it's seems to be getting worse.

Comment

Put the light directly over it. It will always grow toward the strongest light.
                Also it looks like maybe you are spraying it with water, if so stop. If it can draw the water it needs through the leaves, it won't work as hard growing roots. Small root ball means it wont pick up water and nutrients as well down the road.
                If you accidentally get water on the plant gently dry it with a paper towel. Just touch the edge of the towel to the water and it will wick most of it off.
                There are other important reasons to keep the leaves dry but let's get you going first.
                2X4X6 Quictent
                1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
                600w LED (80)
                1000w LED (180)
                2 X Viparspectra P-1000
                6" battery/usb fans
                GH trio with Calimagic
                Lung room humidifier
                Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
                Northern Lights auto
                (Seedsman)
                auto 00 Kush
                (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
                2x Northern lights auto
                1 auto 00 Kush
                1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
                Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Na I'm dumping a shot glass full of water over it, it's doesn't pour out very accurately =( I'll try to keep it off the leaves, or dry them off immediately
                  Last edited by SpaceBound; 05-10-2021, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Hi SpaceBound
                    Just thought I'd jump in here...for watering....you need to water enough to wet ALL of the soil in the pot. Of course drainage holes will be required in the bottom of the pot. Slowly pour water into the pot wetting all of the top surface of the soil. Keep slowly doing this until water starts to drip out of the bottom holes. All of the soil should be good and wet. Make sure you allow about 30 minutes for all of the water that is going to drip out of the bottom to drip out and do not let the pot sit in the drainage water. Get rid of the drainage water. Also make sure that the drainage holes are not blocked when you are done. Have a read of this article....
                    Learn everything you need to know about watering your cannabis plants. No more guessing or worrying!
                    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
                    I like weed and science.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffInCanada View Post
                      Hi SpaceBound
                      Just thought I'd jump in here...for watering....you need to water enough to wet ALL of the soil in the pot. Of course drainage holes will be required in the bottom of the pot. Slowly pour water into the pot wetting all of the top surface of the soil. Keep slowly doing this until water starts to drip out of the bottom holes. All of the soil should be good and wet. Make sure you allow about 30 minutes for all of the water that is going to drip out of the bottom to drip out and do not let the pot sit in the drainage water. Get rid of the drainage water. Also make sure that the drainage holes are not blocked when you are done. Have a read of this article....
                      Yes, I've read most if not all multiple times.
                      That's the complete opposite of this article also hosted on this website. In 2 gallon container
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210510-205852_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	356.2 KB ID:	514336

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents What Do Healthy Seedlings Look Like? Common Seedling Problems    1.) Overwatering

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The seedling needs water at the root not on the leaf.

• JeffInCanada
                        JeffInCanada commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I see your dilemma with the 2 conflicting pieces of watering advice. If the soil drains well you shouldn't have a "root drowning" issue if it is watered thoroughly and has good drainage. If you stick to the shot glass style of watering I would understand your approach but at the same time you want to give the plant enough water to thrive. I still say though that all of the soil needs to be wet in the container so that the roots will grow into the nice moist soil. Good luck!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X