Jack's 321

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack's 321

Hello hope everybody's growing well. So I currently use Fox Farms Trio. I would like to look into Jack's 321 but have a couple questions. If I just want the basic Jack's nutrients for a regular soil grow what would I order? And I've noticed there's several different size bags I can buy. If I was to purchase one of the small bags roughly how many gallons would that make? Is the price compatible with Fox Farm Trio? Thank you for all your time and feedback. Have a wonderful day

Take a look at Jack's 3-2-1 nutrient schedule, as they mention how many grams per 100 gal they recommend in each stage of the plant's growth. You should be able to work out roughly how many gallons you'd use and, therefore, how many grams you'd need to purchase to complete a full grow cycle.
    I'm not using Jack's nutrients, but rather a custom mix of base nutrients (1kg bags each), but I can tell you that they'll last a loooong time.

Edit: I've attached a few charts showing how much N-P-K each manufacturer's nutrient schedule (General Hydroponics, Advanced Nutrients, Rx Green Technologies and Jack's Nutrients) recommends using each week, for a 12-week long grow cycle where flowering begins at week 5. Notice that Jack's schedule consistently recommends using more nutrients than, say, General Hydroponics' schedule, and a lot of people recommend using even less nutrients than GH's official recommendations, such as GrowWeedEasy/Nebula's nutrient schedule. My point is, you could start off with, say, a half-strength solution of Jack's nutrients and see how the plant reacts.

Yes, it's maddening how much they diverge at points. I'm still trying to work out which strategy works the best.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by azorahai; 04-27-2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I use jacks (it’s called peters professional in my country) you need to order calcium nitrate and possibly magnesium sulfate. Plus of course your jacks hydro. I use a blend that already contains sulfur and magnesium so I only mix half a tablespoon of calcium nitrate and a full table spoon of jacks in a 5 gal bucket. Then I add 6 ml of ph up. Aim for 250 ppm of calcium nitrate and 500 of jacks and 100 of magnesium sulfate

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s called 3 2 1 because for every 3 grams of jacks you use 2 of calcium nitrate and 1 of magnesium sulfate

I run Jacks in all of my grows.
      I bought a 25# bag of the 5-12-26 part A a couple of years ago and I've barely made a dent in it.
      A 2# bag of calcium nitrate fertilizer(15-0-0) for part B
      1# Epsom Salt.
      I run 3 g Part A/gallon during veg, so 3-2-1.
      During flower, I increase Part A to 4 g/ gallon, so 4-2-1 for flower. This gives me a nice P-K boost during flower.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thank you everybody for your reply and the great information. I do appreciate it. Happy growing everybody

Comment

I'm supercropping a Critical and can't remember the steps after cutting her at the 3rd nome. Anybody know the link that can lead me to answer or better yet pics and instructions lol. Help.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry1 View Post
            Hello hope everybody's growing well. So I currently use Fox Farms Trio. I would like to look into Jack's 321 but have a couple questions. If I just want the basic Jack's nutrients for a regular soil grow what would I order? And I've noticed there's several different size bags I can buy. If I was to purchase one of the small bags roughly how many gallons would that make? Is the price compatible with Fox Farm Trio? Thank you for all your time and feedback. Have a wonderful day
            If your growing non commercial or a couple of buds the trio should be good. Remember nutes don't stay fresh forever.

Comment

• Emomajic
              Emomajic commented
              Editing a comment
              Besides FF has been good to me for almost 7 years now.

I have attempted to grow a plant since the 70's eventually gave up in the early 90's and continued to sell stocks until 2015 when reading a post from Nebula it dawned on me I can still do this. My mom always said I had a green thumb. 100 or so successes a few bombs and tons of GWE articles I have become that grower. In case anyone cares I am patting my back. Thank you, Thank you very much. There is nothing more exciting than to hear "WOW where Ya get that. Well Stocks are fun too. and every bit as necessary lol.

Comment

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw your join date but I hadn't seen you post since I joined here, not that I read every post. I'm sure you have much knowledge to share. I joined because I had 3 indica photos that I would have had to cut a hole into the attic if I wanted to finish them, the way it was going. Thanks to Mr.furley and other members I have jars of cured bud here.

I'm just not a big fan of the fox farm process. I heard about Jack's 321 and how simple it is and how good the results are. That's why I wanted to give it a shot. And I do get good results with Fox Farm as well. Just a little bit more work. Emomajic I'm glad you got your grow finally the way you want it. Sure is nice to have everything set up the way you wanted and everything on cruise control. I thought about dabbling in some stocks recently. Maybe by the time my son gets my age they might be worth something. LOL

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X