Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• george66
    commented on 's reply
    I use round wire racks like trivets that you can get on amazon for about a quid each.The reason i mentioned it was because although it looked like you had the edges raised when the pot is heavy and full of water the centre will sagg and create a seal thus allowing the water to pool in the bottom of the pot.Hope it helps.Good luck.

• azorahai
    commented on 's reply
    With enough perlite in the mix (mine are usually closer to 50% by volume), it's very difficult if not impossible to "overwater" — which itself is a terrible misnomer because the issue isn't exactly too much water, but rather not enough oxygen in the root zone. As long as your pots aren't sitting in run-off, this shouldn't be an issue ever, specially with fabric pots which allows more air to diffuse into the pot.
    I'm only saying this so people with wilting plants don't try to overcorrect the issue and end up underwatering them, which results in pretty much the same symptoms.

• FortyNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FortyNation
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. So, after reading all the comments, I decided that since they had been drying for what should have been long enough to show some sort of recovery but still did not improve, i flushed the larger, more droopy plant quite a bit and gave the other one a little water. This morning, to my surprise, they are starting to recover! At least they look much better than they did before. It was strange they reacted positively to the water because I had tried that a couple times over the week or so they were droopy and they never reacted the way they did this most recent time.
    This is what I think happened, based on everyone’s comments and observing them over the last week or so.

I think I overwatered the worse looking one and let the bottom of the pot sit in the runoff for too long. I think this was initially what messed them up (some sort of root issue, could be wrong though). Then, thinking they were overwatered, I tried letting them dry out a bit, but ended up letting them dry too long. This caused them to become dehydrated and severely droopy (the leaves never really became brittle or anything so I did not think underwatering was the issue until reading some of the comments). Anyway, I could be completely wrong as I am still fairly new to growing, but this is what I think happened. Hopefully now they will continue to recover. I will post some pics shortly and would really like to hear what everyone else thinks, as I’d hate for this to happen again. Thanks again for the feedback.

In regard to airflow and ventilation, I think it’s fairy good, at least adequate. I have two small fans, one blowing into the tent and the other inside to move the air around. The fan for my carbon filter is also a little large for the size of my tent. Also, George66, I think that’s a good point and something f I need to do moving forward (especially if my guess on the initial root issue is correct). What is a good thing to use to get them up off the water tray a bit? The wood I have in there under the pot is about 1-2 inches tall or so.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Looks like they hit the freezer?

Leave a comment:

• HobbitGDF
    replied
    Man I hope you figure it out. I've been overwatering some and it never looked like that. I was wondering If you had good airflow and ventilation?
    Positive healing vibes. 🧘‍♂️🙏💚🌿🌲🕉

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    No dphipps1020

• george66
    replied
    You could do with putting them on some risers or something so there not sitting flat on floor or trays otherwise the bottom roots can be sitting in water without you realising and it helps the air circulate under the pot also.Probably nothing to do with the drooping but will help anyway.Dont think the small pieces of wood are enough.

Leave a comment:

• dphipps1020
    replied
    Am I the only one who thinks they're dry? If you're watering and it goes straight to runoff, but feels like it should be watered still, then it's probably dry. I've noticed it takes a little while for the water to soak into dry soil and sometimes it just comes straight out of my pots so I have to water slowly, or multiple times. I really don't think it's nitrogen toxicity. I've had plants look like that from being severely dehydrated because I went an extra day between watering. I've never had them get that bad from over-watering, especially with plenty of drying time (which you've had). Do they seem to perk up after you water them?

Leave a comment:

• Catfish22
    commented on 's reply
    Agree, looks like maybe root problem. Flush it good and give it some kelp see what happens?

• PeterMatanzas
    commented on 's reply
    The one on the right, the one that didn’t look as bad, now it looks worse. I looked backwards and didn’t see if you said how old these plants are.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with crucialbunny

• crucialbunny
    commented on 's reply
    Sad indeed. I don't understand why you do not want to flush them. At this point you have nothing to lose. Right?

• FortyNation
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1BE21923-9D43-4655-A126-207079CB5994.jpeg
Views:	625
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	509754Click image for larger version

Name:	F4509E3D-06FC-48B9-9688-20AB03E56BFF.jpeg
Views:	617
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	509753Click image for larger version

Name:	7144D59D-D71A-4077-9D32-415CE3B76683.jpeg
Views:	632
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	509752

Leave a comment:

• FortyNation
    replied
    Here are some new pics. The plants are on opposite sides of the tent now.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X