Am I screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I screwed

I have a question so I just harvested my first grow I hung to dry in good condition got a 6/12 day dry stems were just barely snapping so I trimmed and jarred I put hydro meters in each jar and put up in a dark place over night to let humidity regulate when I got up 8 hours later I checked jars and only had 44% rh am I screwed on the cure were they to dry I'm confused thought I did everything right and got some nice looking bud but I'm big on taste and smell please give me the good or bad news thank you

Try it and find out.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I bet you’ll be fine. Try some humidity packs
      Current Grow:
      2x Blue Dream Autos
      Coco + Perlite mix
      GH trio + CalMag, Floralicious, KoolBloom
      2x4x5 tent, SF1000 LED + Viparspectra PAR450

Comment

Yeah I threw in some bovidas but the reading I have done says once you over dry curing is done have you found this to be true?

Comment

Some of what I harvested last fall early winter got down in 50s RH% it came up with the packs and what I believe was moisture in middle of buds for initial rise that was seen in first couple of days. Those jars are now just over 60% RH.
          Last edited by Poppa; 04-16-2021, 04:58 PM. Reason: I'm High

Comment

why would you be screwed? Hydrating them again won't do any harm. Curing can be tricky but if you grew them properly then that's the tip of the iceberg
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I like to add pieces of stem if you still have them especially the big ones they'll keep their moisture longer and more of it. Just cut them down small but big enough you can pick them out easily. They will share their moisture with the buds like a natural brovada pack
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I doubt you've screwed it all up! Time and proper storage will bring out the best in your bud eventually. I had some Laughing Buddha I harvested in August of last year that I wasn't too impressed with - until I tried it again after it cured six months. It's now a very heavy hitter and I only need two bong pulls max to get off the planet.
                Coconut Grove
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

An old trick I learned many years ago when buds were getting a little too dry was to soak some small marble size pumice stones in water overnight. I take one of those stones and wrap it in some tissue and set inside my curing jar. It's not scientific but it has worked well for me in the past. I got lucky this past year and really nailed my cure so I didn't have to use the method. (Knock on wood.)

Comment

Hi @Delucia21, I had the same concern recently, the humidity here was WAY low and once I got the buds jarred it looked like they were stuck around 50% even with Bovida.

Following a recent tip on GWE I pulled a few big fan leaves out of the trim bag & added one to each jar. Voila, they quickly the humidity up to 60%. At that point I removed the leaves and the buds have continued curing normally. Same deal as adding stems but seems to work much quicker.

When the ambient humidity is really low I think you just need a bit of a jump start in the jars for proper curing.
                    My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
                    I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
                    Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X