24 at 75 vs. 18/6 dropping to 60?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 at 75 vs. 18/6 dropping to 60?

I have moved the young ones to a new 4×6 partition in my unfinished basement. light and heat come from a 400w repurposed MH fixture.

I have been running 24/0 while I dialed in the ventilation to maintain 76 degrees F. Last night I added a 18/6 timer. My lights off temp fell to 60. (Nothing like the low 40s they faced during the winter cold snap). The temp drop is causing my night RH to rise to the mid 70s.

I may just stay at 24/0 till it gets a bit warmer. Thoughts? Pros/cons? I have a small IR heater I use in my Scrog room, but don't have room in this enclosure.

Pictures attached. Thanks for your input!!!
    Attached Files
    Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
    5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
    wishing you peace on your particular path....

Full 24 isn’t that great i believe it slows growth plants need sleep just like people I’m new to growing though so wait for a second opinion before deciding

Comment

Run a dehumidifier at night. You don't want humidity that high in your house. It will cause mold to grow where humidity air gets trapped. Are you exhausting air outside?
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Great easy immediate solution... the basement is built on a 100 old rock foundation... I sprayed everything with bleach before I started the project in the fall, but didn't know anything about how RH rises as temps lowered....
        Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
        5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
        wishing you peace on your particular path....

Comment

I use/used a goovee to track temps then adjusted my exhaust fan run time ,it took a week to fine tune it but I was able to keep the heat between 70 and 85 with most of the time temps in the high 70 and low 80s ,that was in my grow room for the rest of the growing spaces 3 3x3x6 homemade tents, I used those ceramic heaters, I would build a shelf for the heater
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I have close to same issue i have to run my 2 450r vipars 20on 4off these are all autos though and a few clones. Yes they are struggling when lights are out for 4hrs. Had a chicken coop heater with them it helped alot but moved the other 450 in there when i got a new light for another tent and no room for that hanging chicken heater. I set the timer to go off at what i think are the warmer daytime temps? Winter unheated areas are a big challange, soon i'm going to get humidity as we are heating up alittle here now. Not a issue yet.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X