Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I have close to same issue i have to run my 2 450r vipars 20on 4off these are all autos though and a few clones. Yes they are struggling when lights are out for 4hrs. Had a chicken coop heater with them it helped alot but moved the other 450 in there when i got a new light for another tent and no room for that hanging chicken heater. I set the timer to go off at what i think are the warmer daytime temps? Winter unheated areas are a big challange, soon i'm going to get humidity as we are heating up alittle here now. Not a issue yet.

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    I use/used a goovee to track temps then adjusted my exhaust fan run time ,it took a week to fine tune it but I was able to keep the heat between 70 and 85 with most of the time temps in the high 70 and low 80s ,that was in my grow room for the rest of the growing spaces 3 3x3x6 homemade tents, I used those ceramic heaters, I would build a shelf for the heater

Leave a comment:

• Yoopergarden
    replied
    Great easy immediate solution... the basement is built on a 100 old rock foundation... I sprayed everything with bleach before I started the project in the fall, but didn't know anything about how RH rises as temps lowered....

Leave a comment:

• Cloud
    replied
    Run a dehumidifier at night. You don't want humidity that high in your house. It will cause mold to grow where humidity air gets trapped. Are you exhausting air outside?

Leave a comment:

• TheKieftan
    replied
    Full 24 isn’t that great i believe it slows growth plants need sleep just like people I’m new to growing though so wait for a second opinion before deciding

Leave a comment:

• Yoopergarden
    started a topic 24 at 75 vs. 18/6 dropping to 60?

24 at 75 vs. 18/6 dropping to 60?

I have moved the young ones to a new 4×6 partition in my unfinished basement. light and heat come from a 400w repurposed MH fixture.

I have been running 24/0 while I dialed in the ventilation to maintain 76 degrees F. Last night I added a 18/6 timer. My lights off temp fell to 60. (Nothing like the low 40s they faced during the winter cold snap). The temp drop is causing my night RH to rise to the mid 70s.

I may just stay at 24/0 till it gets a bit warmer. Thoughts? Pros/cons? I have a small IR heater I use in my Scrog room, but don't have room in this enclosure.

Pictures attached. Thanks for your input!!!
    Attached Files

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X