A little Freaked out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little Freaked out

I'm a bit freaked because my 8 week in colas are fattening slowly but the last 3 days the sugar leaves have cocooned down at a 45 degree angle. Is this part of the natural process or maybe strain related? It seems like maybe they are protecting the cola or unhappy about something I have missed? All environmental conditions have been carefully checked and nothing out of ordinary for them. They are all Critical mass photo 80% Indica bushes in good health for months now. The only change I've made is to add a tbs of molasses per gallon of water. pH is steady 5.6. To lose them now due to an oversight would be devastating enough to make me go back to knitting for a hobby. Help!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Do you have any pics? Put the knitting needles away, you ain't going anywhere.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I say PLreef our grower friend is a bit nervous !!

@TOKABIGONE Don't worry sir !! She's an indica dominant so I say she has a few weeks left. You will be fine. I grew in the past some Critical and I never went pass 9wks. So tell us how's the trichomes, cloudy ? amber? You know were I'm getting at non ? If it's not too much trouble could you post a picture of her.

Stay safe sir.

PS It's not the molasses, believe me I've been feeding my sick girls at least once a week for several weeks now.
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-07-2021, 12:13 PM.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Don’t fret, this is repairable if even an issue. Wait until your first batch molds on your while being cured. Talk about disheartening

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya! New pics below. I'm feeling a little better now that I've talked about it. Maybe I just invented a new issue to fret about.
        Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 04-07-2021, 01:31 PM.

Pics forthwith PLreef and Farmbuck , they actually picked up some in the last 4 hours since lights out. Yes I turned them on for a minute to shoot in light. (oh no, herming and reveg now, lol!) I wonder iif fattening calyxes are pushing or pulling on the leaves? Trics are still clear and stipules are 50% darkened and curling in with very few new white now. Could it be light too intense? 300 w total over 3 quantums spread evenly across 2.5 x 4 ft space at 10 inches high. Slightly closer than 12"' recommended. As I said they picked up a little since lights out at 6am. Appreciate you guys, thanks!

Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

would help if I actually post the pics!

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          I might be wrong but they look normal to me sir.

• azorahai
          azorahai commented
          Editing a comment
          They look healthy to me, though perhaps a bit nitrogen deficient (yellowing lower leaves and lightly colored middle leaves).

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, the yellowing is natural aging process in late flower. No more Nitro at this point,

@TOKABIGONE Are they pushing (sugar leaf) upward like in my picture ?
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks again Farmbuck, I sometimes pivot from Man these look Great! to OMG is that an issue? A hazard of being out of bud. I'm not going to the, too expensive, dispo at this point! Just tough it out. Will you hold my hand, lol?

I'm far from expert but they look good to me. They remind me of the OGKush I had last year. & she was POTENT!!!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JDU; 04-07-2021, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          I love gorgeous gals..!

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Kush is an Afghani strain like Critical so that figures

they look fine. a few more weeks though. Just make sure you are sticking to the nute schedule for GH Trio. I'd go at least 3 more waterings with 1/2 tsp Micro, 3/4tsp Bloom and 1/2 tsp CalMag.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks dilvish, that's my exact schedule for nutes. Plus a Tbs of molasses per gal, They are thirsty tho, getting 1 gal pH water and 1 gal nute sol once a week alternating. Just another anxious newb, lol.

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          You're watering 2 gallons over 4 pots only once a week? No wonder they are thirsty. If your temps are ideal you should be watering every 2-3 days in coir. I'm in soil right now in 3 gallon pots at an average of 75F and I give the girls a half gallon per watering and I water every 4 days. You shouldn't be going a week at a time as you could be shocking the plants.

They look fine to me too. I did zoom in and I think I saw what you were referring to. Looks like they're just a touch warm. Shouldn't hurt anything, just make sure it doesn't get worse. Some of mine have done that most of the way through flower and were just fine. I think they drank more water too, like a lot more. Dropping the temperature 1-2 degrees or raising the light a hair should put a stop to that.
        Last edited by dphipps1020; 04-08-2021, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks @dphipps Just checked my canopy temp @ 74 degrees. Lux is good range @ 60,000. I would like to get a PAR meter for my next grow. Interestingly I have 3 QB identical lights bought over 3 months since Dec. The oldest has just slightly lower Lux than the other 2. Going to keep an eye out for drop off. They are all 100w draw w/301B diodes and Meanwell Drivers so decent quality. Rated @ 100k hours life span. Won't get there on this grow.

Hard to find anything wrong on those...very nice job!

Comment

Oh my does this happen often??
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OldManGrower
            OldManGrower commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh My! It's not just me. Is there a support group?

• OldManGrower
            OldManGrower commented
            Editing a comment
            OH MY YES! I thought I was alone. Is there a support group available?

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            For this grow I would say yes.... Wife is ready to call the ambulance. I'm borderline of having an anxiety attack.

Why yes there is it's called Help Help GWE ask a question.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yes OldManGrower right here is as good as it gets! Perhaps we call it AA...Agricannabis Anonymos, I'm there!
            Lol, Farmbuck, thank God for your supportive wife! Maybe it's not good to grow alone.
            Hey SoOrbudgal, I think I might have posed for that poster except he has way more hair. Probably wearing a wig, lol!
            Really, I want to thank everyone on this forum for the kind support and encouragement you give to all who ask even the dumbest questions out of anxiety. None of us could do as well without it. You are my support group so I am never alone. Peace and good growing!

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              PS: When I checked this morning there is no difference but I believe all are healthy now. Just doing their thing preparing for the guillotine in a couple weeks Can't come too soon!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X