Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I've learned on GWE

This time, no sad farewell's.
    I would however like to invite each of you to either edit, delete, or leave (your previous posts) as this time around it's all about YOU!

There are some truly amazing people here on GWE and I'd like to invite each of you to share what you've learned or reaffirmed since joining the GWE Family. Of course you are more than welcome to give anyone you please a shout out or pat on the back.
    Since joining GWE in 2018 I've found and/or relearned that:
    • Most people are good - the two people hosting this show (Sirius & Nebula) are a perfect example
    • If you like eye candy Show Your Grow is the Way to Go!
    • There is a LOT MORE information here on GWE than just what's available in Forums
    • Anything that can go wrong will go wrong
    • Anything that can go right will also go right
    • If you're willing to put in the time and effort the gr8 members of GWE are more than happy to give you an 'atta boy' with a smile
    • If you are not willing to put in the time or work or take any responsibility for your own plants or actions; be prepared for the 'Wrath of Bong!' and on occasion a small riot
    • There are more ideas and ways to grow than you have time on earth to try out for yourself
    • I think there's a reason Bud Rot and Bud Riot are spelled so much the same
    A personal shout out and thanks to the following people for just being themselves - in my view, we're all better off here on GWE because they are here and the planet as a whole would be a better place with more people of their character:
    @NebulaHaze and @SiriusFourside Without their tireless efforts none of us would be here
    Tika Gosh I miss you DingusKhan Master innovator and King of using what you've got
    grouchyoldman - I'm truly speechless and happy to count you as a friend
    TOKABIGONE - Great guy with at least one good ear I frequently yell into - he seems to tolerate me well
    oldjarhead100 - One of the nicest people I've ever met and one hell of a great pharmer
    SoOrbudgal - Honest, funny, blunt (no not that blunt), oh and did I mention funny?
    Special shout out to Mary - you know who you are.

The last I looked there were over 16,000 members of GWE and around 400 active members; my sincere thanks and gratitude to all of you on that list that I've come in contact with over the years, thanks for helping me grow, helping me show and just being some damn fine folks!
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-29-2021, 03:05 PM.

What a great message! 👍🏻👍🏻
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

@BU2B I realize you didn't give any of us mentioned or unmentioned the ability to vote on rather you stay or go so being the Ass Hole who gets to do as he pleases I am voting you stay! You tagged me with the comment "a ton of patience", I probably have much less than you presume especially when it comes to stupidity and ignorance (not lack of knowledge that can be learned). I do not know and probably don't want to know how many times I've wanted to comment. "Do some damn research or That info is on the Main Site, if you had of read on it you could of answered your own question in time it took you to make this post". Most of the time I take the time to reread what I've typed, some times 2 or 3 times, then just delete it knowing what I've written isn't helpful. On some level it seems to be therapeutic. I personally have enjoyed your posts and comments and would like to continue to do so but the only thing I have any limited control of is my life. So let me just say, I will gladly welcome you back if you do go and later return with stories of what life has brought you during your what I hope is a short sabbatical from this forum.
      Peace Love and Frisbee's

Comment

Another well intended grower with experience leaving the forum hopefully not being " pushed out " very disheartning We older members need to support eachother, too bad if the " cancel culture feels like no one hand feeds them because they don't want to do the work" . Tough love at times is educational, i too get short on patience. I'm with Poppa. I no my way is not the only way. I'v written many a comment deleted it before posting, truly is theraputic and some in my mind needed to be said. I miss some of the old guards also BU2B. I sat silent for a couple years this place has been a great escape for the past 15months.

You have inspired me and i'm a better grower for it BU2B I wish you well and much success it's been a true pleasure seeing your posts and learning from them. Peace and goodwill to you in your travels.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I agree with Poppa but I get it. Just know that you can go, without actually going anywhere 😉 Every once in a while drop us a little bit of wisdom and a grow pic that makes us all sit back and go DAYUM!!!!! In other words, stay in touch👍🏻

Comment

I dont think our paths crossed too much, but I've seen a few of your posts and you do very well! I haven't been on here nearly as much as I used to be. Life's been so much busier for me lately that I just haven't had the time to post as much. I'll probably end my journals pretty soon too. I have 14 grows on here, but now I can't seem to find the time to post weekly like I used to.

Best of luck in all your endeavors! Your grows are truly great!
            Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

I've only been here for a little more than a year and your wisdom will be truly missed. Nothing but the deepest respect.✌️

Comment

Thanks for leaving behind your “BU2BPPP” method. This something I often refer to. Should you desire to leave a legacy not so lasting, dare I suggest a couple grams of your hash? Please know your always welcome back, if just for a cup of tea.
                “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
                ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Sir, my regret is not having the opportunity to get to know you as I am still a noob. I have read many of your posts and found them to be astute, well thought out and helpful. I mis-doubt that you could have offended anyone or kept them from anything. Like SoOrbudgal I have deleted many posts before posting, sometimes thinking about what I've written for a long time before posting or editing several times but there are a few who just don't get it and never wilI get it. I believe you have nothing to feel bad about anything. You have contributed to this forum and GWE mightily. If you must go, do so with pride! If my eventual legacy is 1/10 as good as yours I will have been successful here and in my own growing. Best of Luck!
                  Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                  Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                  Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                  Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                  Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                  i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                  My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                  make pH correction unnecessary
                  Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                  8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                  Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                  Semper Fidelis!

Comment

BU2B haven't the pleasure of meeting you,but I'm new to GWE and look for any advice I can receive especially from some of the more experienced growers..

Comment

I don’t believe you and I have come to share our journey together over the years but I thank you for your participation in this forum because without all of us sharing our journey together we wouldn’t have the community that we have. I was a more active participant in this forum during the first 3 years after I joined and like a lot of others, my time and energy was needed elsewhere as of late. I’ll leave you with this parting thought to do with as you will. One doesn’t need to leave one community to join another, but just contribute what they can, as they can.
                      Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Peace out and thanks for your contribution to this forum.
                        Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

It is good to see you here BU2B . Your participation in this community is greatly appreciated. Sharing knowledge freely with other like minded people is one of the great gifts one can give.
                          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Yeah, don't even think about getting away so easy cuz I know where you live and I'm watching you!
                            Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                            Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                            Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                            Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                            Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                            i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                            My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                            make pH correction unnecessary
                            Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                            8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                            Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                            Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X