Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with tall but small grow

Hello buddies!
    So, I have a wardrobe that I'm going to turn into a grow. The thing is it's about 75x35x230(tall) cm.
    I'm somewhat "studied" but never grown my own. Also never saw any journal featuring such small but tall space.
    I'm waiting for my lights to arrive, I've bought 2 chinese lm281b 120w QBs and 14 AC cobs. I was planning on using the 2 QBs and 10 or 12 cobs on my grow and the other 2 or 4 cobs on my clone space, about 65x29x75 cm.
    One more thing: I'm planning on going hempy bucket.

What do you guys think, should I make the max out of the grow or divide it into two little ones with more harvests a year?
    Generally i get pretty anxious when smoking street weed, and I suffer of anxiety aswell.
    Have these strains (all feminized, photoperiod, that I'm planning on herm speccially the gorilla banana bcuz I want a redudancy in case something goes wrong with clones. Also small space lol) and I'm planning on flowering one CBD and one THC strain together at a time. (This way I'll have something to help with the anxiety and something to cheer me up and focus to work and/or have fun)

Strains available:
    doctor seedsman 30:1 (3 seeds)
    peyote wi-fi cbd 1:1 (3 seeds)
    galaxy (2 seeds)
    the white og (3 seeds)
    special queen #1 (1 seed)
    zquittlez glue (1 seed)
    gorilla banana (2 seeds)
    seedsman blueberry (3 seeds)
    seedsman white widow (3 seeds)
    Rainbows (a Zquittlez cross with an unknown crop by BSF seeds) (4 seeds)

I was planning on growing doctor CBD 30:1 and rainbows for my first run as I have more seeds of those and want to get at least a first timer before I try to clone and herm my other crops.
    Edit: I also got some freebies, one of them is nevilles haze auto by wos. I now am planning on growing this for the faster yield and a peyote wi-fi together.

Blue dream is a next buy of mine, heard it is good for anxiety.

Oh, also recommend some training techniques, I was planning on LST and fimming to have lots of tops close together and make good use of the high power of light.
    Last edited by CaptainImtheshit; 04-06-2021, 06:41 AM.

Welcome! Can't really help you with anxiety relieving strains, most seem to have the opposite effect on me. For training I would recommend topping and some form of manifolding. Stay away from FIMMing, too many new growers try it because it sounds good, but most of the time it's done wrong and doesn't help at all. There are a lot of good training examples if you scroll through the posts, some with pictures for reference. Hope that helps and happy growing!

Comment

• CaptainImtheshit
      CaptainImtheshit commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome! I'll have a look

Welcome, I'm the shit...?
    Since you're working with a very small space for your grow(about 3 sq ft of canopy), you won't need much power to get good light levels.
    I run a single qb on a 120-watt driver in my clone/mother tent(it's about the same size as your grow) and I have to run it at 75-watts to keep from overwhelming the plants with light.
    A single qb for that space would be more than adequate.
    The last thing, since you have a very cramped space, I wouldn't veg for more than a month from seed and concentrate on training the canopy to maximize each plant's footprint.
    Regardless, it's going to be very crowded in there...
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Originally posted by gbauto View Post
    Welcome, I'm the shit...?
    Since you're working with a very small space for your grow(about 3 sq ft of canopy), you won't need much power to get good light levels.
    I run a single qb on a 120-watt driver in my clone/mother tent(it's about the same size as your grow) and I have to run it at 75-watts to keep from overwhelming the plants with light.
    A single qb for that space would be more than adequate.
    The last thing, since you have a very cramped space, I wouldn't veg for more than a month from seed and concentrate on training the canopy to maximize each plant's footprint.
    Regardless, it's going to be very crowded in there...
    Haha, a newcomer saying he is the shit, right?
    Well, good thing is I'll save money on energy. I'm planning on going easy in the first steps but maybe a SOG wold be good as I have lots of light and can divide the grow in 2, right?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X