need help on this i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help on this i

i get beautiful plants OUTDOORS but my issue is that these plants grow so big that it is creating me a big problem these plants growing from 12 to 16 feet tall and my problem is the weather (wind and rain)(in canada) , the branch s keeping breaking year by year due to being so heavy and it causing me problems. no matter what seeds i use every year/ i get the same problem.
    so i would like to do something that will prevent them from growing so big WELL i have great dirt for them to grow that big for sure, last summer i had to use a 16 feet latter to harvest.
    i had i hard time fixing broken branch s.etc.etc.
    What i would like to know is their anything i can do to each plant to prevent them from growing so tall ?.?
    thanks for your help.

You can train the plant anyway you like really. You could make it grow horizontally instead of vertically. Bend branches down as they grow. String or wire to tie them down. You could also crop/super crop as she grows and then tie each branch down.
    Do you have any photos of these 16' monsters? I'd love to see em!
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

What varieties are you growing? I’m guessin Sativas, maybe something like Ghost Train Haze. Why not try some Indicas or Indica/Sativa hybrids? Or make rooted cuttings and put them out later in the season if you want Sativas. If you grow Shorter varieties like Indicas you wont have those problems. Or you can train the plants to grow horizontally at a 30-40 degree angle in a protected place out of the prevailing winds.
      If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

LST Fimming Topping supercropping these techniques will help you significantly
        Topping and FIMing are two plant training techniques that involve "pinching" or cutting off some of the top growth of your plant. These techniques are designed to give you a free way to achieve better plant shape (to make better use of the available light

Low Stress Training is like bonsai for cannabis plants. Plants are trained to grow flat and wide, which forces them to produce many big buds instead of just one or two. As a result, LST gives you bigger yields without changing your setup!

Super cropping is easy, free, and surprisingly effective at getting your current grow room to produce bigger yields in the exact same setup. Find out exactly what to do right here!

Comment

When I do my outdoor plants, I build a cage around the plant and then train the branches through the cage.
          That will give the plant support as it grows.
          I just stack another section of the cage on top of the first if I need more room.

I'm guessing that your 16' trees are growing naturally, so some training will definitely help you manage heavy colas.

This was my first attempt at an outdoor grow.
          Ended up at 10' and I had to use bamboo stakes to keep it from splitting apart.
          Live and learn.
          Last edited by gbauto; 03-26-2021, 08:58 PM.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I would bend her over and tie her down.
            But we need pics of these trees!

Comment

Must see these trees! Photos please

Comment

thanks
                attached pictures note, these are early pictures of plants still in early stage.
                the types that i had planted before where .
                Critical mass.Jack,grean gelato,Purple afghan kush, Candy Cream,Blue Ice, Northern Lights, etc,
                the Strains on these pictures not sure what kind they are.
                hope this helps.
                The fence in the back of these pictures is 9 feet tall
                thanks
                Last edited by atony; 03-27-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is not a problem to me LOL grow autos if you can't figure out how to super crop or top them heck cut them in half even they grow still.

• gbauto
                  gbauto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks like you need to check out some Mendo Dope vids on the tube.
                  They grow trees like that, so you may get some ideas from them.

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now thats what I'm talkin bout! Nice!

try growing Autos instead like SoOurbudgal stated. you could also grow in smaller pots.

Having said all that...shit man 16 foot plants? and all you are worried about is making them grow smaller? i wish i had that problem
                I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I’d like to trade some seeds for some of that kind friend. Will send you a PM. Thanks!
                  If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Thank You All for the Imput
                    i will be trying and learning this year ho to Super Crop and Top .
                    if this does not work next year i will plant Autos.
                    thank you all.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh atony if all of us could have your problem we'd be thrilled. Just know we are only kidding with ya, you can control the height

Get your self some pure landrace Indica seed, they are known for shorter bushier plants.

Comment

You should have saved this one till April1. Wish I had that problem. Your kidding right?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't think he is but maybe desertdan, who knows? I hope we did'nt play to rough? We want your problem atony

I cant find all my old pics, here's some fair sized girls

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X