Try #2 small Sea of green.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try #2 small Sea of green.

I am again trying a sea of green with multiple strains in my little 3 by 3 tent. I have 15 1 gallon pots going, which are all the clones I found available. there is one seed, a white rhino that was going to be full size but got displaced by a blackwater in my other tent. I salvaged the clones from various sources that were last minute and half were tiny and sucky, but they eventually got going and now the tent is full. I am re-using the coco from last time. it was dried, rinsed and innoculated with Cal mag to start. Clone sources = double chocolate and do si do came from plants that had been in flower for 10 days. Blue dream and one of the do-si dos from a different source actually spent a night in the snow before i decided to do this, using the little bottom branches that were left over by my brother. The ones so far mentioned all were in flower, and re-vegged loooking weird with even single leaves. and they are so bushy i dont know how i will separate out the colas. i intended to have 4 colas per plant, but this will evolve as i go now. I wont bother starting clones this tiny again, as several were almost yellow and took forever to establish. it's only the last few days they have caught on and gone crazy. second photo is from today. they are going on 12 12 timing tonight. I have approximately 2 feet of height left in the 5 ft high tent. they are anywhere from 6 to 10 inches high. Strains included are : 1 white rhino( from seed), 2 do si dos from flowering friend, 1 do si dos from "snow plant" , 2 blue dream, 2 wedding cake, 2 glueberry , 2 double chocolate (flowering) , 2 OG Kush, 2 wedding cake.

note : last time I fu...d up quite a bit and still ended up with 4 oz of decent product. i messed up the nutrient schedule, overdosing with nitrogen, and had major heat issues. this time will be better. with the LED light distribution i have, it is almost vertical for all colas. have 2 of 600W Best VA, which seem awesome. also a 300 W Mars Hydro reflector series and a 1000 W single unbranded COB for the corner. plants (only draws 135w so its not an accurate rating) the plants seem to respond to all of them. Total power draw for the lights is 495 W
    I am using Remo nutirents package of 7, reducing the timing in veg to correspond with my shortened timing.
    It is obvious I will be doing a lot of raising the shorter plants. will see it now with the stretch i bet.
    Temperature and humidity have been kept at 75F and 50 %, now down to 40%. I have a 2 by 4 tent going right now with Alien Technology, Blackwater and Afghan Hash plant going - I have them daisy chanied right now to save on humidification and heating in my cool basement. working out awesomely.
    Attached Files
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

they are all 1 gallon pots? they will be tiny plants depending on the strains. are you moving them to bigger pots? Also it looks like some of the leaves are cut...were you trimming off yellow ends? You do realize that if you just said yes it means your plants have issues...yellowing leaves that early in the grow is not a good sign...
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Bootsy
      Bootsy commented
      Editing a comment
      the first photo is from this grow. the little cuttings were hard to coax into growing. they are all doing super now. they are staying in the one gallon pots and will intentionally be small. in fact i may have waited too long with some of the sativa blends in my 5 ft tent. Yellow leaves?

• dilvish
      dilvish commented
      Editing a comment
      yellowing leaves is a sign of nitrogen deficiency or potentially root bound issues. Again, one gallon pot is small. I suspect you may encounter even more problems if that is the case

• Bootsy
      Bootsy commented
      Editing a comment
      hope you follow and see how it goes

I subscribed so I can watch. I'm guessing the first pic is from your first grow because the other two can't be the same plants lol. I like the sog idea and most of the time grow as many as I can cram in there. I found that with the low power blurple lights I was using they would only penitrate 4 or 5 inches so I lollipoped everything and cramed them in lol. I've upgraded my lighting so I'm going to try some new stuff after I get moved that is. Good luck ๐ŸŒณ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    ๐Ÿ‘‡my one n only journal๐Ÿ‘‡
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Hey Bootsy going again eh?? I'm flippin today also with 4 5wk old clones i been veging. I figure they won't go into preflower for at least 2+WKs but i'm pushing them mine are small whimpy branches they'll get tougher. Heck if we don't push a grow that's not " typical/normal?" we don't know, it's what i been doing being locked up from covid shutdowns. Every time i try something oddly different it surprises me sometimes good harvest sometimes low harvest amount but quaility for me is primary
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        my attitude too. it always works out well enough, and it a hobby entirely. I sit and trim for sometimes a couple hours with beers n produce.

A few things I learned and got to see from this grow. around half the clones came from plants that were outside overnight in the snow or were in flower for almost 2 weeks. the resulting plants are weird, with a bunch of single prong leaves of wierd texture and colour - but starting to come around . . they are super bushy with no main branche/colas. you can kinda see it in the first photo - see how many branches there are? i dont know how i will get any space between main when there arent any . each of the bushy branches are very stringy and dont seem like they'd be worth much, so i am trying to leave as many as possible and get as much down as possible. last two photos are from this morning , after a trimming. incredible growth - I am not sure if it's the conditions or the Remo nutrients (which work better when you read the instructions). This will be a lot of work, but it is my hobby till golf and fishing and warmer weather. See a photo of my other full size tent in organic supersoil -
      A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

oh yeah - another thing i got to see. there were shiny spots on several of the plants, which i worried were parasites of some sort. couldnt see anything similar on GWE, so then had a look under the microscope. there were what looked like trichimes on the leaves ,which is 2 weeks from when they were put in the pot as tiny yellow clones. as time went on they disappeared, or i cut em. see photo for the "trichomes" . i thought it was cool.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep i took flowering clones once it's a real education seeing them revert change back into normal veg. They do get bushy and gangled i dealt with it all last summer outdoor, was not fun as i really counted on the harvest. Ran out of time weather wise to get them ripe to our standards. Anyhoo....you do learn alot from them.

I'm not knocking what uour doing but you could have an excellent harvest with high yealds with 3 or 4 ( maybe even 5 if you push your luck) autos. Do some research on strain heights and yealds. You'd really be surprised what you 3x3 is capable of. And you can still scrog them. Less pots and different nutrients needs. Some auto strains typically flower at the same time. Others might be close. Just me 2 cents.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2ร— Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Originally posted by PLreef View Post
          I'm not knocking what uour doing but you could have an excellent harvest with high yealds with 3 or 4 ( maybe even 5 if you push your luck) autos. Do some research on strain heights and yealds. You'd really be surprised what you 3x3 is capable of. And you can still scrog them. Less pots and different nutrients needs. Some auto strains typically flower at the same time. Others might be close. Just me 2 cents.
          hi. thanks. done it. all agreed if i were trying to maximize production - except the scrogging. .For me it is a hobby that more than meets my consumption. But - even doing it as a hobby, and long term storing some - means i am giving it ro friends and relatives. Thus I now aim for quality and variety. I am having fun with these little guys (even the last grow where i f..d up the nutrient recipe) that i can move around in my little tent with one hand. AND -I have 6 strains in one little tent, and will be challenged - the hobby thing!. Multiple strains keeps me from developing resitance to their effects as i switch em at least daily. see the other tent going regular plants - although organic which should be some sweet indica. Regarding autos - I am fussy as to consuming and have yet to find an auto that rocks me. i have no doubt eventually as they keep being bred, but even in 2020, had samples of several supposedly high test auto samples ( indoor and outdoor) of my friends- which were beasts to look at and weigh. After sampling, taste pretty good, but re. potency would be the stuff i use for cooking unless i ran out and as long as its legal here i cant imagine that happening ever again. Scrogging in a 3 by 3 tent was interesting but a apin in the ass. it means a lot of reaching and when they get taller means not reaching or seeing a lot cause you cant move em - i hated it. My last full size grow in the 3 by 3 tent had 2 plants for 10 oz - boring and then i only had 2 strains. before that was 4 plants at 11 oz - but again nowhere as much fun or challenging as managing 15. Whew - i shouldnt write when i am seriously couch locked - how long did this take? Be well.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Toooo long Bootsy LOL just kidding. Keep on growing i will watch i do different things with my grows i just don't show much on my experiments. If your happy and are satisfied you know what issues can arise. You ain't complaining about it your just showing us your hobby grow. Man i can't wait for summer also or at least warmer temps to work and play outdoors. I get what your doing

Hi. I wont be using clones from flowering again, unless i get desperate. Will see how it ends up, but looks like they will be super bushy and i prefer the seaparate colas. Oh well - and it could turn out better than expected. each day i am basically moving a few branches and cutting any that are blocking any other tops. It is nice to look at from the top. definitely not a time saver doing it the way I am. Many branches are cut each day too, but soon i should have it down to colas that see the sun. also see photo of my other tent with full size super soil grow, which is still vegging. they must have rooted in because they now have prung into action. Thanks for looking

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            So far they look damn healty Bootsy yes when i use clones they can get very bushy and unruley lots of small shots oddly growing but the plus is same genetics that we like and they are free. They grow faster than seed so now you know that. You have done a great job so far

2 weeks after switching to 12 12. i think pistils showed up after 5 or 6 days. growth has been very fast since switching. this weekend I will raise the 8 shorter ones to equalize the canopy. i have been trying to isolate the flowers, thinking it will be best, but regardless, there are lots o buds. the SOG photo is after a pretty major defoliation and it's now getting to separate budlets. This is a lot of work watering and training, but I have the time and its relaxing. not for a busy person. The full size grow is almost ready to switch light, which is my major question now. ideally this indica grow would be finishing same time as the sativas from the other grow. the indica grow photos are from 2 days ago

Comment

hello. Sea of green is now 4 weeks from switching to 12 12. pistils showed up after a few days. all seems to be going well. aside from removing leaves that are blocking light to buds, I have also still been removing some of the wispy branches such as can be seen in the photo. that is how the branches grew from the monstercropped ones. The multiple pots is a lot mor work in my mind, but i have the time and enjoy puttering with them. Buds are fattening up already. I believe my biggest issue may be keeping away from bud rot so i have added a fan and reduced the humidity to near 40. soon basement will start getting humid so we will see. the regular size indicas are showing pistils and are looking nice. i switched em early so might have reduced the yield, but the basement plans lead me to want them all done mid June. All going weel. it is neat how same lighting affects different strains, as I judge the height of the lights by keeping it just where they start to curl and then raise a bit. some like it a few inches higher than others thanks for reading.

Comment

• Bootsy
              Bootsy commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi. if anybody is willing to comment, I am very interested/curious. opinions on whether to thin out more. i have always been able to get each cola space. if i keep even most of them, they will be close to touching each other. I do prefer tighter buds and still considering doing a removal of a bunch of colas. the issue is that for the monstercropped ones, the branches only have a few sid sites very spaced out. If any issues with humidity i may super-thin them out regardless. It may limit the harvest but already am flush. Life is good. have fun. Gotta set up a sharing group to spread the starins around and have a few people lined up.
              Last edited by Bootsy; 04-22-2021, 05:31 AM.

Looks good ๐Ÿ‘ I've always kept my plants where looking down on them if you can see the soil then they're good but I've changed it over the past year or so. I read through the tutorials that Nebula has on the GWE site and I've gotten a little more aggressive with the defoliation including all the larfy bs around the bottoms and have noticed a better harvest. I'm still playing with how much to actually take off and at what time, I still leave a little more than I could but I can always take more as time goes on, which is what she says to do. When in doubt leave it, you can take it off later you can never put it back on.

As you said some plants like more light than others so what I do is put the ones that don't want so much out on the edges where lights are less powerful. Lights are always most intense right in the middle and less on edges and even less in the corners. I use this to my advantage, a taller plant will be closer to the light so I put it out on the edge and shorty plants in the middle (example) set my light at 18" from middle plant and the tall one is like 15" but on the edge so both get the same amount of light.

Hope this helps out apologize for the book I'm on my third โ˜• coffee.... good luck ๐ŸŒณ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            ๐Ÿ‘‡my one n only journal๐Ÿ‘‡
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Morning Bootsy To me they look great. I have GG#4 they are not as leafy but are same age as yours. I flipped mine young from clones so they are not looking as strong in stature, i do believe i need to change my indoor food when they need it. Anyway....I don't really see any more need to remove but i'm not seeing the side/under canopy and you took off all the wispy stems. You got a great handle on these i got nothing but praise for what your doing. Me i'm trying to strengthin the stems so they can handle heavy buds if i get them LOL.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Photo Day. The SOG is now into the 5th week from 12:12. seems to be going well. a little burning at tips of leaves on a few. I had been guessing on the PH based on experience, but when I got a new bluelabs meter, I come to find out Ihave been giving roughly PH 5.1 for a couple of weeks. I will try to fix quickly so - Today i gave them a flush by sitting the little pots in ph 6.2 water. I will feed tomorrow morning with high ph water. A great result of using coco is the ability to flush and restart. I don't think much negative has happened yetexcept for some shiny leaves on white rhino and some brown leaf tips. both i expect are a nutrient problem that hopefully is gone.
                It's looking like I have pretty good penetration under the best VA's more than a foot so it's exciting. One of the photos is with the lights on.
                to give size perspective, the tallest branches on the front plants are around 14 inches high.
                more on the full sized Indica's later, but they are into second week of 12 12.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Excellent Bootsy i'm envious LOL just beautiful to me (I have a hard time spelling some these days). But i sure love these SOGS my attempt is terrible on my auto sog. It did'nt work well but i'm gonna try and do another.

update and photos at 6 weeks from change to 12:12. Stretch has finally stopped and they are fattening nicely. Several in addition to white rhino are now showing excess nutrient issues. white rhino leaves are all thick and dark green - hopefully they will last another couple weeks to harvest. others seem to be less affected and I have cut back nutrient levels to 2/3 dosage in response. the most interesting grow i have done, with slight leaf trimming and bending every day. photos are of each row as it goes from the back to the front . i will have to support colas soon as they get heavier. the monstercropped plants are thickening up, so maybe they will work out at the end. thanks for listening.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking like a very decent yield on your SOG i do like to monstercrop sure seems to increase size of the upper canopy more than leaving those little airy lower buds and spindly stems. Great job Bootsy

• Bootsy
                  Bootsy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks SoOrbudgal.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X