No announcement yet.

Try #2 small Sea of green.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Photos later today when i do a thorough watering and checking trichomes. Just a couple, one showing White Rhino - but you cant rerally see how plasticy the leaves are. other photo is of the whole canopy on 15 May. I am having issues with nitrogen toxicity and nutrient burn in several if not all, but it doesnt seem too bad in most. I now realize there is a significant change in nutrient needs after flowering, and between different strains. The recipe for Remo will be a guide only if I use them again, as I will stay much lower in concentration. Next purchase is a tds meter. 8 plants at once makes this so apparent. I have flushed them all for a few days with justy a little blackstrap molasses. have had pistils turned brown and curled in for a many days on many and milky trichomes on the White rhino and OGKush at least, so I expect to harvest a few of them soon. Hoping i can get some of the excess N2 flushed away to avoid the harshness - i have experienced it and it is a negative. very neat how some of them are making pistils in waves as they grow. Bigger the better and I can resist - I think. The white rhino has significant N2 overdose and her leaves are thick and dark green - seemingly like plastic, so I am only moderately hopeful of the end taste of her. The later strains including double chocolate and blue dream need a good trimming as they bushed outa lot this week. the others have no new leaves and are at the point where i am supporting colas on the tiny branches.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Friggin great looking SOG there Bootsy mine pooped out. Down to 5 and no longer a sog in my view. But yours look awsome. So big and chunky just lovely grow, your killin it

8.5 weeks since switch to 12 12 . White Rhino has now been clipped and trimmed. she had mostly cloudy trichomes, but only a few amber- but i was waiting for her to hopefully flush out. however after 10 days of straight water (in coco), all that happened is that the leaves were dying back into the buds. My conundrum (was)- harvest and hope flushed enough, or wait for flush and have leaves brown into the buds . i guesed harvest. Photos are of the white rhino as the others really arent looking very different from last time as they mature. expecting OG kush soon and then Wdding Cake. the rest hopefully in 2 weeks. some nice tasty scissor hash - which is one of my favourite products. One good things is that it only took an hour to trim, so that i was not bored or develop a sore back . My guess is that he will give 22 g nice bud, and a good portion of super nice sugar leaves. time will tell.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• Bootsy
      Bootsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah. the btranches on most are so spindly that most of bigger colas already need to be supported. might be a lot mor wire by the time this is over, but i kinda like it

My 2021 SOG is now harvested. Started with White Rhino followed by Wedding Cake, and then after that as each plant looked ready. I only screwed up once - when i intended to cut a do-si-dos, and for some unknown reason i grabbed a Blue Dream - not noticing till the next day. when i looked at the other dsd, she was almot ready anyway. 6 of the plants are now bottled with average so far at 22.5 g per plant. if i get 20 per plant it will be 300g in the 3 by 3 tent. have tried a taste of most of them and I do think the long flush at the end got rid og the n2 burn - as all taste pretty good even freshly dried. . will see in a month. Some representative photos are attached. more when i get the final bottling done. I consider this a success already, with reduced costs due to less time spent. howver, certainly the most work i have had to do for a grow. thankfully we were in lockdown for most of the time. working cuts into garden and golf time. cheers.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Enjoyed following your grow Bootsy really frosty looking. Have fun with taste testing LOL i'm enjoying my smelly hanging berry gals sure feels great having the pantry stocked

You like smoking all those fan leaves? Makes for a harsher smoke/vape. Most Fan leaves typically have a very tiny amount of THC.

22 grams per plant still seems like a lot of work. Not to brag but even my indoor smaller plants yield about 40 grams and that's still quite a low yield and because they are in small pots (an experiment). Are those strains you grew typically low yield?

I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Thanks. Good to know about the fan leaves. They havent hit my lungs in at least 40 years. any photos with leaves are pre-trim thinking that gaqve a comparison, in fact i even dig into the buds to get rid of them, leaving buds a little ragged but my preference.
      yup, does seem like a fairly low yield if you go by plant but for the metrics I care about, did well. Each of those strains are fairly good yielders, and the plants the cuttings came from averaged 4 to 6 ounces per plant, so any lack of yield was all me. this grow was 15 of them in a 3 by 3 tent, so if i get the same average for the rest still to bottle, it will be total 300 g, over 10 oz. So if I look at an easy metric, 1.2 oz/sq ft. is a success for me. The competitive metric my buddies use is oz/sq ft/week, for which this grow (.105) is now the highest we have gotten in last couple of years. we typically veg much less time than it seems most people do so less time per grow. My total time from clones to harvest was10 to 11 weeks - noting that the harvest was only one to 2 weeks after that of the mother plants - which i think is cool. I am actually ecstatic about the results, especially having 1 to 2 ounces of 7 new strains from my little tent. I may even try this again in the fall with ativas now that the harvest is so cool (to me)- since a friend of mine will have a bunch of sativas i can get cuttings from. now to finish off the Indicas in my 2 by4 tent, which I think are one to 2 weeks from harvest. In my mind very sexy little ladies. from left are alien Technology, Blackwater and Afghan Hash Plant - what a smelly tent!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm gonna do a small container grow also in the fall but will be all autos gonna try for 9 in my 3x3. Saving up more tall coffee containers. They do really well for me and get about 1oz or so per plant. But yes the photos are my real love with 6wk veg then flip. Great job Bootsy

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X