Leaf removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf removal

This is the first time I tried leaf removal in flowering stage, It was bushy, it's in the second week in the flower stage, l done leaf removal ,before I switch 12/12, so can I get some advice, on if removed to much or not, It's white widow, using coca.cair, grow tent, 2x4x6, cfl lights, grow big
    Attached Files

Looks very good to me jeff1961 , close to my timeline, I had to defol just before switch and again at 2 and four weeks because you will be surprised how quickly it will fill in again. I kept my lower bud sites as open as possible all the way through and the lowers are able to fatten too. Your nodes are nice and tight too so you will have some cola action happening at the tops.

I defoled again end of last week after this pic but just removed as much shade as needed in the middle.Once the stretch is done I try to leave them alone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210320_102701.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	4.27 MB
ID:	502037
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Thanks for advice, your weed looks good

Comment

They should be fine. I've been seeing positive results from heavy leaf stripping... once just before I flip to 12/12 light cycle and again 3 weeks later. I believe the name of the technique is schwazzing. (Don't know if I spelled that right or not)

Comment

The more you remove the less light the plant soaks up as the fan leaves are essentially solar collectors. Light = food. Nutrients = Vitamins. No point in adding nutrients if they aren't getting enough food!
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

They're lookin good ๐Ÿ‘ plants make tons of extra leaves for food storage and to survive various weather conditions because we give them almost perfect weather and all the food they could ever want the leaves are mostly in the way and robbing light and nutrients from the fruit we are trying to grow. Defoliation is the easiest way to increase your yields but you can over do it. If there's anything you are questioning if you should remove it or not it's better to leave it there. You can always take it off later, you can never put it back on. I really like Nebula's defoliation tutorials if you haven't read them you are missing out on every harvest. Below is the search results for defoliation on the main website

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            ๐Ÿ‘‡my one n only journal๐Ÿ‘‡
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I did read it , and enjoy every bit of It, but when, get different views from other sites, I like more input, so I ask the people who has also tried , this is the problem I can only grow 1 time a year, so if I screw up, I can't grow till another year, but on the other hand I want to try to get the best harvest I can, I try to grow enough to last a year. I have 4 months, not to make to many stupid mistakes, if I recall she said she removed leaves before the switch, and then the 3rd week of flowering,and some sites say do it threw out flowering stage. Thank you,

By the way your talking to, a 1970s pothead๐Ÿ˜„
              โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

• RetiredGuy
                RetiredGuy commented
                Editing a comment
                Like most things I have researched online about growing weed, there is a wide range of opinions. Defoliation is one that everybody seems to do differently.

Thanks, yes I notice, and when to do it. So I came to the conclusion I will have to wait for the outcome

Comment

I always strip the big fan leaves throughout the grow. I leave the top 2-4 to gather the light and all the big fan leaves under that get taken off. Works really well for me, better light penetration and fatter buds further down. That way the nutrients are drawn directly into the buds and not the lower leaves, which are going to fall off anyway.

Edit: I just did this one and the one next to it is next. They pretty much stay like that throughout flower (when I'm not being lazy).
                Attached Files
                Last edited by dphipps1020; 04-01-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I'm with dphipps1020, but if you can also spread your cola branches a bit to get more light below, your lowers will explode, Mine are at 6 weeks in so last week I redid my LST to pull my main 12 cola tops on all three out and down again with my wire stakes to a 45 degree angle. Now my canopy is even again and filled with light. see below.
                  A week ago and now... Slow and Careful is the key!

โ€‹ โ€‹
                  Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                  Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                  Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                  Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                  Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                  i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                  My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                  make pH correction unnecessary
                  Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                  8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                  Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                  Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X