Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOTE: Forum, Grower, User...Age Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't me, it wouldn't allow me to vote again.

If you want to put a vote in for her she would be ok with that.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Great Catfish22, I can't vote again either but at least we know she is out there doing her thing. Still would be fun to hear more of her story tho, Hippie Chicks do it better, lol! I used to live near Ken Kesey and visited his farm a few times. I met several of the Merry Pranksters there. He and Ken Babbs came to my print shop a few times in the 70's on business. They were real characters!

• MrPNW
      MrPNW commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to go to the Edit button TOKABIGONE and check the box at the bottom to allow multiple voting.

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks MrPNW, I don't really care about the votes other than as a statistic, really it is the comments I am finding fascinating as this progresses. I hope it will continue until the gang gets to sick of it to respond. I hope I have it in me still to pursue the research it will take to actually write about it someday. Another fun hobby anyway. You have been very helpful in keeping it alive, thank you! I'm hoping others will expand on their stories too as time goes by. BTW, I saw Serious voted too which made me happy. I want to dig as deep into his and Nebula's stories as they will allow. Such a great contribution they have made with their hard work in developing this website and starting the forum community. I wonder if they knew it would go global when they began.
      Comment SiriusFourside ??

Hello all my growing neighbors 🙂

I'm in the 41-50 for a few more months anyway. I've been growing since 84 I got into some trouble and had to go into hiding. Moved up to the mountains outside of Redding Ca. with my aunt, I thought my life was over but once I got there I found out she was running a guerrilla weed farm. I was instantly addicted to growing and have been doing it off n on since. It's legal here but only with a Rx and a grow card issued by the state health department. I grew guerilla style (didn't know until today it had an actual name I've always called it growing in the great outdoors) in the Sacramento mountains of Southern NM until 2013 when my heart shit the bed. While in that bed for nearly 3 years I read about growing (was amazed by how open everyone was talking about weed) and pretty much found out I didn't know shit about it. I started growing indoors March three years ago reading through this forum for over two years before I finally got up the courage to sign in a talk to you guys n gals and I'm sure glad I did.
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure glad you are as well, I've learned alott from you and it's fun joking around with you. Thank you

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad you guys are here. You both have taught me alot. Plus you guys and the rest of the crew around here are fun.

• MrPNW
      MrPNW commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve only done the one grow as you know SoOrbudgal being Oct-Mar but I can already see all the advantages to a fall/winter grow. Now the flies are hatching the other bugs are appearing, life is getting busier, the days warmer making my metal shop much warmer and so much more.

Everyone has been so helpful and encouraging in the forum.

In the hope of garnering a few more comments and/or votes on this subject I want to keep it alive a while longer so I bumped it back to the top. Tell us your stories from now and way back. It's interesting.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Gen X here. Looking at the poll results I would say as time, money, stable housing and living situations, and possibly patients increase so does the rate of growers.

Comment

Good observations Tumbleweed , especially more time on our hands and failing health allow and make us search for a med with little to no ill effect and great relief. Perhaps a little nostalgia for our 'Good Old Days' too, lol!
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

So I’ve been trying to think why there’s so few of my youngest age group here a fact I’m a little happy about and I think is part of the reason this community is so nice and helpful people my age are a holes lol ive seen some people comment how young generation is fazing out of weed but this hasn’t been my experience if anything it may be higher literally everyone I know has tried it atleast once and a good many are regular smokers so why so few youngsters here I think 1 as weed has increased in potency it’s ability to cause paranoia has also increased and younger people are hyper aware of the power of technology it can track identify etc I think people my age are less willing to sign in to things and trust in privacy if you notice this site always has significantly higher guest to member counts I’d bet a good many are younger paranoid stoners another thing is people my age like mainstream things places where the most people they know are and things they are more familiar with things like Reddit and Discord just some thoughts to keep this thread bumped

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            The old adage 'Youth is wasted on the young' can only be appreciated as we age 9fingerleafs, TheKieftan and Tumbleweed. Your comment about the hiding mechanisms we developed was proven to be a necessity by the revelations of the huge complexes of warehouses the government is maintaining in Utah to store private citizens communications in the name of 'National Security'. That didn't make me feel very secure. As far as anonymity goes for any age, use the internet from your home one time and they can be on you like stink on ****. I'm old enough to not give a damn anymore; if they come for me they better send an army cuz it won't be pretty! I'm a combat hardened Marine and I won't go quietly!

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Also your perspective is way too American. Not only assuming the government is after you (in most countries it’s not) and always thinking in violent terms. That’s why the world think of Americans as “savage” and not civilized. The fact that you are always willing to kill is a symptom of a very sick society. I hope you all my American friends can open your mind and heart. And realize there is dialog and a sense of stability is society inherent from the value of human life. It’s a shame that a plant can deny someones liberty. But it’s way more shameful to take a life. No matter the circumstance. Just think about it. You’ll call third world countries uncivilized but in fact it’s your country who lacks civilization

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            @9fingerleafs....Ah my very young and good but I'm afraid to say somewhat naive friend. Now you've torn it, but I don't want to take this discussion to far in this forum as this is not the place to do so. I will say that i am an American who loves his country but do not like the direction my government is heading in this age. In 1966 they trained me to be a killer and put a rifle in my hands to go and kill a little yellow man I knew nothing about but what I was told and that turned out to be a complete falsehood and a fiasco at the expense of 50,000 young American lives and hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese. Am I proud of that? Hell no !!! Would I defend my country again if it is threatened? Hell yes! Will I defend my home and life against my government if I feel threatened by it? Again Hell yes! As for any government I say trust but verify. So who should I trust when there is nothing but deceit from any source you can name. You say I am uncivilized for believing I should stand up and defend myself if I feel threatened, I say it is my God given right to do so. This country was formed on the unalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. If you think I am a savage, don't try to take those rights away or you will find that I can be. If these words offend then so be it. I feel bad for you if you don't understand. This concept goes far beyond the legalities of growing a plant, it is about basic human rights and standing up to anyone who would deprive me or anyone of them.

I am the only active grower that I know of, personally. I know a few individuals that have grown a few bag seeds but no one who actually works at it like members of this forum. I am a senior citizen and while I share my grow with similarly aged friends, they really don't care about strain or any other detail, just want to get a buzz on.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            TheKieftan, this is sometimes referred to as 'The Impatience of Youth'. As Queen sang in 1989 "I want it all and I want it now" still applies to the younger crowd. The possibly poisoness extreme levels of THC in dispo vape products being in demand now may come from the same crowd. Tried it once and never again. I believe a big advantage of homegrows is the ability to fine tune those levels to your own preference by trichome harvest timing and correct curing processes. Takes time just like fine wine....right Farmbuck?

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally agreed with you TOKABIGONE. Wife only use my sweet herb and nothing else, she know where it came from , how it is grown etc.. Just like a great wine hey?

I like on special occasions a beautiful "Grand Cru" wine, you know a good Bordeaux that took years to fully mature before you decide to open it. Same goes for cannabis. Top shelf weed doesn't grow in a week. And one more thing, higher THC does not mean better . I drank in my younger years some moonshine but then I didn't know what was a good drink back then. Now older and "wiser" I know better.

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            What I've learn as an older generation is preservation.... Heck since growing for 50 years... the word "ration" never pass through my mind.

Hey Tokabigone - I thought I was the oldest on this poll, but it seems you're beating me by one year!
          Speaking as a guy who started turning on in an era when "weed" was called "grass". But call it what you will, "A rose by any other name..."
          600W LEDs (when growing indoors)
          70% John Innes #3 compost. 15% Perlite. 15% coir
          10 inch (3 gallon) pots

"I can resist everything, except temptation"
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol welshweed, I also 'smoked a lot of grass and took a lot of pills' like Steppenwolf and I'm now starting to enjoy being in the real 'senior crowd' here. kingfish is the only other so far in our range and he never commented on his age. Maybe he will come back now to reveal who is the eldest after all. I'm still hoping for that 'Hippie Chick' in her 80's mentioned by Catfish22 to tell her story though. I guess she is not a forum member but is still a real treasure IMHO!

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            TOKABIGONE, I am 74 and 2month. Does that make me the "Old Geezer"?

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes kingfish, you are so far "The Senior" reporting by 6 months and a week, lol. Years ago my favorite sci fi author Robert Heinlein had a story series about a group of very long lived folk the eldest of which was referred to as Senior. You get to hold the temporary title until we hear from the Hippie Chick, lol! Maybe we should pester Catfish22 to bring her on as a guest and if we can get her to join, you can pass the baton. Until then you have the conn sir!

My hubby is your age kingfish i call him geezer LOL he just smiles and calls me granny
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            My old lady is like three weeks shy of being a year older than me so we have a running joke that she's my OLD lady except for the three weeks every year that we're the same age 😆

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Howdy granny.

Yo geezer
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

75 since December. Damn that's old.
            Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
              Eliot Pryor commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh yeah, I voted. Ya know I think dirt was pretty new when I was born.

• kingfish
              kingfish commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Eliot Pryor, I'm glad to pass the baton.
              Last edited by kingfish; 03-31-2021, 01:39 PM.

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              I know exactly what you mean @EliotPryor. Often when someone asks my age, I tell them 'I'm older than dirt'. Sorry 'Senior', I didn't see your name on the poll listing so assumed you did not. Funny, now that others have spoke up, I kind of miss being eldest. It's sometimes true 'you don't know what you got till it's gone', lol!

To all you Whipper Snappers, my signature says it all.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              You're on it kingfish, the term 'Whipper Snapper' originated in the 17th century derived from 'whipsnapper' meaning 'expressing noise and unimportance'. Had to google it out of curiosity.

I grew some Amnesia once. Never got to taste it though. Forgot where I planted the buggers.
            600W LEDs (when growing indoors)
            70% John Innes #3 compost. 15% Perlite. 15% coir
            10 inch (3 gallon) pots

"I can resist everything, except temptation"
            Oscar Wilde

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah thanks, it was some good smoke!

• TheKieftan
              TheKieftan commented
              Editing a comment
              This reminds me of this time I smoked some just pure bliss weed I got it from a friend who was a street dealer he was the kind of friend who took care of his friends I never payed but I also never asked for seconds didn’t want to be rude however this was so good I asked him if he could get an 1/8 for me I would pay also what was it I smoked he looks at me for a good 20 secs and says I can’t remember he said he was out anyways we decide to go to a higher up dealer my friends supplier to get more assuming the guy knew what he’d sold previously we get there and I have a nearly identical experience as with my friend he can’t remember we start laughing I honestly don’t think they were messing with me I know my friend wasn’t to this day I don’t know what I smoked but it was the best weed I’ve smoked ever spoke to my friend recently about this though and he said he bought a lot of fruity pebbles back in the day and fruity pebbles is one of my favorite strains so likelihood is high but I’ll never know for sure

• JeffInCanada
              JeffInCanada commented
              Editing a comment
              Funny, good one.

39 here, been smoking weed since I was 15. Only been growing for about 3 years now. First 2 years didn't go so great, and then I found the forum and now things are going much better. Hoping to open up a commercial operation in my area within the next 2 years and implement some of what I've learned here. Ultimately I'd like to build up the company for 5-10 years, then sell it and retire early. Time will tell.

Comment

Remember this ? The TRS-80 from RadioShack. My first computer I purchased. So yes I'm still young.
              Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-01-2021, 08:08 AM.
              Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
              Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
              Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
              Full auto grow
              Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
              12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
                RagWeedDWC commented
                Editing a comment
                Commodore 64, she was sweet, started my spiral into geekdom

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                God i'm old lolll How about the Commodore Vic-20

• RagWeedDWC
                RagWeedDWC commented
                Editing a comment
                I recall seeing them, I felt like a loser with the 128 came out. Now folks are hording both of them for packet radio systems.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X