Getting the garden ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting the garden ready

Here in Oklahoma it's spring, the birds are singing spring songs, flowers are blooming, time to get the grow started. So I got out the toys and went to work, the 500 gallon leaking tank becomes raised beds, here's the first. 2 cart loads of soil (about 135 gallons), first layer has (pre layer ash) first cart load of soil, a pile of leaves chopped up, banana peels (1whole banana), egg shells, pelleted sulfur, pelleted dolomite, bone meal, blood meal then toss. Cover that with not so edited soil just a bit of powdered sulfur over the top, and drop in some "Wet Teddy Bears" seed, Autos by Tenaha Genetics (F1 cross tween 2 hybrids). And yes these is no perlite! Instead I have worms, wigglers, meal worms, earth worms, night crawlers, lots of them.
    This area is becoming a raised bed as there is no soil (maybe 4") just a rock below. Many more trees will come down, I'll use the logs for the walls of the raised bed, burn the limbs for the ash. I have 2 more of these rings to make raised beds with, then the ones from food grade plastic 55 gallon drums.
    So what all y'all doin?

You're making both a bit jealous of being able to grow outdoors and a bit homesick at the same time! I'll bet if April and May storm season is gentle to you, you'll yield more than your household can consume.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I burn a lot so I try to grow a lot. I luv my place, but it is starting to fell grown up around me, most of the larger farms have been broken up. Maybe I can grow some trees in the other 2 of these beds.

Looks like an awesome set up. I've noticed with my bins that the worms seldom burrow very deep, so you might consider some compostable material near the surface as a food source. How many plants are you planning on in each raised bed? I certainly envy how much room you have.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      This one gets 6 Autos, maybe a photo in the center, the others will only have one hopefully big ass plant. LOL

Have you heard of hugelkultur not misspelled it’s a practice that goes really well with raised beds it increases the lifespan of the dirt in them by adding slow release organic matter that will release nutrients for years and your worms would LOVE all the carbon that hugelkultur adds

also I’m from ok too and am trying to stay completely legal I recently found out while trying to find seeds in ok that it’s illegal technically to import seeds from out of state I know of a lot of places to get clones places like Route 66 in Tulsa and escalated greens in eufaula but I’ve yet to find anywhere with a wide selection of seeds I could just use clones but after starting some seeds over the winter I’ve learned I prefer starting from seed they feel like your plants instead of adopted ones I’m curious if you know of any good legal local seed sources

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Had to gooogle that one, the "soil" was wood chips long long ago, still some wood in there and the worms luv it..
      I buy seed on line, there are some here that could give up some seed as some of us make them. I have some crosses from Bruce Banner 3 (male) and Dresden Green Diamond also Shock Trauma, both girls gave plenty of seed. I can certainly share, PM me and lets go email.
      Last edited by Rwise; 03-21-2021, 03:40 PM.

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Humboldt Seed Co has a deal with a dispensary in OK to retail their seeds. Also https://lazydaizygenetics.com/ is located in Blackwell. Good luck! I may have homegrown seeds to trade after a while.

Cant wait to see this grow, when you start. Looks really good
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Seeds are in the ground, rain scheduled for tomorrow.

Not your average grow lolll Keep us post..!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Aint no totten my pots around!

LOL Rwise my neighbors have big sacks like yours. Good for you and having all that sunshine. Still in the 40s here and not planting my seeds for outdoor yet won't have a place big enough to hold down 4 photos for 2 month i will wait till end of April to begin. Do it while you got the muscles takes 2 to lift mine into the wagon anymore.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Its going to be a bit chilli here at night for a while yet, we'll see how these autos take it. In about 3 weeks I plan on planting the photos. And then hope we dont get a late freeze!

Put my shade up for my work area yesterday and started moving in today. I will be using 15,35 and 65 gallon fabric bags from gassroots. Some Indica strains go in 35 gallon and will go on carts so they can be pulled under cover if we get late season rain like we used to. The rest will go on frames off the ground. Veggies around the outside. OG Kush goes in first on Thurs. We are aloud 12 for our household. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea gonna be hot soon so shade first thing to go up. Already sun will give a burn in 20 min.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I spotted all the wheels in the second pic and thought the shed was being put on them! Also the cacti in the background, ever make jam from the fruits?
      And I agree, nice place!

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG i love my garden carts so do my pups LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X