Leaves are showing multiple problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves are showing multiple problems

This plant was OK yesterday. Today, leaves are yellow, she is sagging. PH is 6 as it is from day one. I underdosed with organic amendments. Should I transplant? It's flowering and buds are still pretty. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210318_222918.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	4.11 MB
ID:	500090Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210318_222836.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	500089Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210318_222823.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	4.22 MB
ID:	500091Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210318_222847.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	4.66 MB
ID:	500092

It could be that because of pot size your plant can only support so much above ground. Buds get priority, so lower leaves usually get shorted. I've never grown in regular soil so you ought to wait for somebody more familiar to respond.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• GraviTom
      GraviTom commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I was thinking, but then again I have same plant in other pot doing just fine ( for now at least).

She looks thirsty AF. Are the amendments your giving her dry or liquid? If dry you won't see much of a response for a while. They take time to break down.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• GraviTom
      GraviTom commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm giving her liquid amendments from the start, it's organic program and it was fine, it's fine with all other plants. I've been watering her every 4 days since flowering. I measure the soil before I water. It's that some leaves are falling off...the oldest ones, the rest started clawing and having curled burned tip as in nutrient burn.

Welcome

It will help if you could tell us a little more about your set up and environment(temps,RH,soil ,watering schdule,nutrients,lighting...etc) pretty sure someone could help you out

Comment

• GraviTom
      GraviTom commented
      Editing a comment
      Nutrients are Organics Nutrients program.
      Drain Ph 6.
      Soil +20 % perlite
      600W Dualspectum Sunmaster + A wing + spreader
      High temp 27
      Low temp 20,5-21,5 Celsius
      Co2 setup

In my opinion 6 is a bit low for soil grow. I aim for 6.3 to 6.8. I alternate between the two. Different nutrients need different ph to be used by the plant.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Based on the limited info you've provided, my first inclination is that they have had heat stress. I've also seen similar effects from an over feeding of nitrogen during flower.

Comment

• GraviTom
        GraviTom commented
        Editing a comment
        Nutrients are Organics Nutrients program.
        Drain Ph 6.
        Soil +20 % perlite
        600W Dualspectum Sunmaster + A wing + spreader
        High temp 27
        Co2 setup.... As I've said before, I don't think it's nitrogen toxicity because I've been under feeding.

Are you using nutirents designed for bloom= less nitrogen and more phosphorus and potassium in flowering. Veg plants need more nitrogen less phosphorus and potassium for more growth. Imo your nutes are way to hot for flowering, burning your plants up. Also how close do you have your lights to the canopy?

Comment

• GraviTom
        GraviTom commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I use bloom nutrients. Lights and temperature are perfect. I'm thinking that there is too much colas on this plant (13) and the pot has become too small.

5 C is COLD, they will do better if not under 20 C, 6.0 PH may also be low as said.
      How do you water, how often how much and why?

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Please decode this line for me
        to me it says the temp is going down to 5C and up to 21C, am I misreading it?

• GraviTom
        GraviTom commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, you are missiterpeting it.. Temp is from 20,5°c low, to 27°c high

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Most Americans don't realize that decimal points are commas and not periods in other parts of the world. So that's a range of 20.5 to 21.5 degrees Celsius.

Ph, nutes, or temperature can't be the problem. The only thing that comes to my mind is too many colas for that pot size. 13 colas. I'm gonna transplant to 25l bag. And see what happens.

Comment

There are threads here on growing in solo cups all the way to finish, that's right 8 OZ of whatever in the cup, the small amount of media has nothing to do with it, care does.

Comment

For your reading pleasure, or just look at the pics!
          It's the 2020 Grow Weed Easy.com Forum Grow off. Because of NebulaHaze and SiriusFourside we have the best access for sharing and growing cannabis. From the Website to the Fourm we are part of the best resources for Growing weed on the internet. A big thanks goes out to the both of them for they continued support to host

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210316_224026.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	4.18 MB
ID:	500206Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210316_224035.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	4.16 MB
ID:	500207Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210318_080035.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	4.05 MB
ID:	500208 This is the same setup but auto plants they turned out perfect
            Last edited by GraviTom; 03-19-2021, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Have you looked for bugs in the soil?

Comment

• GraviTom
                GraviTom commented
                Editing a comment
                Just a look. I didn't dig deeper, but I have bug traps set, they worked perfectly in the past

• GraviTom
                GraviTom commented
                Editing a comment
                And wouldn't I have a bug problem on all plants since they are easily spread with ventilators?

• desertdan
                desertdan commented
                Editing a comment
                Could be they have just infested one plant so far and have not gotten foothold on other plants yet. Might not be bugs but worth a look.

Calcium can’t get absorbed under 6,2 for a soil grow.
              so the Ph is too low.
              what kind of soil is that? You just mention soil not what kind ? 20% perlite is a little on the lower side in my opinion. What is the pot size? And how much water are you giving it. ? And how often ?
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• GraviTom
                GraviTom commented
                Editing a comment
                The soil is Composana potting soil. And it's perfect. My friend had about 15 runs with that soil and his buds looked and tasted like a dream. It wasn't Ph. PH is fine, I have a very hard water here and everything over 6 was killing my plants. They are thriving with Ph6.

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Just because someone else uses it, doesn’t mean it’s a super soil or something. It’s just a scientific fact that calcium can’t get absorbed by the roots. And the soil look at way to “heavy” not much perlite in it.

Even though you seems certain that it isn't a nutrient toxicity problem, it might be better to error on the side of caution and give it a good flush or even two. It's unlikely to do any damage and could possibly save it. You say the plant turned very rapidly and that is often an indicator of over feeding. Deficiencies tend to develop over time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X