Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Outdoor Strains For NE Oklahoma (VeryHot / VeryHumid Climate) Prefer Uplifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Best Outdoor Strains For NE Oklahoma (VeryHot / VeryHumid Climate) Prefer Uplifting

I’m 100% plagiarizing this question but the curiosity wants to know what strains are good for hot and humid climates I’m fixing to start my first grow here in NE Oklahoma and I know from word of mouth that WPM is a severe problem in my area even when plants are placed in an open location that receives plenty of wind basically everyone I know loses some plants every year to the menace the summers here can have days 100+ with 70-80% humidity that drops to the 80s at night with 90% it’s so muggy it feels like walking into a rainforest exhibit at the zoo and sometimes we get stretches where the nights are in the low 90s I know pruning can have a huge impact on mold prevention but air flow can only do so much when the air is more water than air what I’m looking for is a highly mold resistant uplifting strain (size yield etc aren’t factors for me) as always I have an open mind and welcome all constructive input

I grow whatever I want, yes some (Indicas) has to be tended much more to keep them healthy. Wet years need to have raised beds (and maybe covers) so the soil can stay dry enuf, I can always water for dry times. Trifecta Crop Control pricey yes but it works, there are a lot of things to do to prevent molds even in our humidity. Plants that make fluffy lite buds are said to be mold resistant.
    Santa Marta Colombian Gold does well here, I am on the SW side of Tulsa.

Comment

Sativa strains are said to tolerate hot humid conditions better than Indica. A quick search and I found Sour Diesel, Durban Poison, and Amnesia Haze,.as good candidates.

Comment

• Floopydoop
        Floopydoop commented
        Editing a comment
        All of the hazes I think are temp resistant. Look for California Haze, it came from some pretty warm places. Had Super Silver Haze last year. Bubba Kush was struggling @110 for 2 weeks, Haze didn't notice.

BTW if you are close to Tulsa I have some seed from Dresden Green Diamond crossed with Bruce Banner 3, and Shock Trauma crossed with the same BB3 male. They are regular seed. PM me if interested. These were grown here last year.

Comment

My mom lives up there close to Miami down by the lake and she grew some nice sour diesel and has had some good luck with haze strains. Make sure you have a way to cover your plants she lost a few nice ones a couple years back because of the rain. Watch out for the fruity smelling strains they attract bugs
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• TheKieftan
          TheKieftan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey thanks diesel and haze are two strain families I’ve had really good experiences with so I’m happy to hear this I was actually smoking amnesia haze when I wrote this comment lol which in hindsight would of been better queried on google but tbh I knew this would attract okies and I was curious how many were around

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X