Making dry ice keef- mesh size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making dry ice keef- mesh size?

When making dry ice keef, can someone provide guidance on screen mesh sizes to use? 220 micron, 160, something else? The goal here is to separate tricomes from the plant material, then extract the keef with ethanol. Mainly want to remove the majority of plant material, so not concerned with small plant fragments getting through as the ethanol extraction will be filtered before concentration.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Hi read this: https://www.growweedeasy.com/dry-ice-hash
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Just what I need, thank you.

I'm just curious why you plan to use 2 different methods of extraction? Seems to me that the ethanol would work just fine on it's own, probably better than the dry ice even. You may be doing a lot of extra work for nothing. Just my thoughts

Comment

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed.
      If your ultimate goal is extracting oil, then making hash is just a waste of time and effort.
      Just use the ethanol to dissolve all of the cannabinoids in the plant material and then either recover the ethanol or just let it evaporate.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X