Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coco Growers. How many times do you re-use your coco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coco Growers. How many times do you re-use your coco?

Just wondering if everyone or anyone recycles their coco/perlite? And if so, do you flush it out before re-use? Im on my 4th grow with this stuff, just ran it thru a screen to separate the old roots. Still looks good, maybe a bit finer so ill add some more perlite. I think i'll flush the shit out of it with florakleen and ph around 6 for a fresh start.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

I've been re-using my coco for a couple of years now.
    I do the same thing-separate any old root growth and mix it back into my storage tote.
    Haven'thad any issue, yet.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      @gbauto,
      Do you rinse it good and recharge the calmag?
      Last edited by Catfish22; 03-15-2021, 12:14 AM.

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      do you even bother with flushing it or washing it gbauto? I haven't so far. maybe just a waste of time and florakleen??

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      All I've done is removing obvious root material, nothing more.
      After that, it's blended in with the buffered coco.

I have successfully reused coco for years ,I wash mine in between uses . that being said I almost lost the last 2 grows because of build up in the coco and am planning on moving the used coco to the veggie garden and tilling it in .On this grow I had to do 3 flushes due to high ppms. I would say I have reached the life time use of my coco lol ,but I would say I have been using the same coco for 3 grows a year for years just make sure all bloom nutes are washed out and the ppm is as close to zero as you can make it .when it does go bad it has a normal ppm to start with then it just climbs and climbs ,and if you want to know what it looks like look in time to show your grow and follow it back both grows are there
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I've been re-using my coco more than 1 year

Comment

• Catfish22
        Catfish22 commented
        Editing a comment
        maryannegarreth, do you rinse and recharge yours? I'm just trying to get a consensus on rinse or not.

Just be careful how you store it between uses. I had bugs laying their larvae in my old batch. I didn’t realise it was infested until after I topped up all my plants.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        oh that had to suck ,i hope you didn't loose any

• MagicMike66
        MagicMike66 commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried to kill them once but didn’t work so left them. Thankfully the plants weren’t affected at all

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X