Tincture and RSO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tincture and RSO

Had a few questions about tincture and RSO. When you're making a quick wash tincture, do you put it back in the freezer while it's steeping to keep it cold? And with RSO, can you store it in the small syringe or do you have to put it in something dark before the fridge? Also any methods to warm it up if it's still in the syringe? Want to use it for gummies.

When I make my RSO I don't try to keep it cold the whole time. It won't have any affect on the final product. Usually I just keep mine in the syringe in the refrigerator and let it sit out when I want to use it. Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks dphipps1020 . Appreciate it.

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any time.

Colder temps reduce the amount of chlorophyll the alcohol will extract.
      Most folks that make rso do a room temp wash, but if you have gastric issues then a colder wash will reduce that tendency.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Not in answer to your specific questions, but here's a link to an authoritative thread on all Tincture/Concentrate/Edibles topics.
        I hope it isn't poor etiquette to post links to other sites, and this OG posting has some really great info!

Introduction Before prohibition in the 1930’s, many of the medicines used were tinctures derived from cannabis and other healing herbs. A tincture, by definition, is a medicine made by dissolving a drug in alcohol. When I make a cannabis tincture, I will refer to it as a Green Dragon tincture or simply GD for short. This is Not Just Another Tincture Thread. This thread will be devoted not only to the Green Dragon tincture recipe, but also on how to use the tincture for edibles and topicals. T...
        My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
        I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
        Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X