How I won't get a pound from this plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I won't get a pound from this plant

I started with good intentions to follow the detailed instructions on how to get a Lb per plant but quickly lost control of the plant. Had a few things pop up and the plant grew so fast I lost it. I am going to clean up the bottom a bit. It's a Gelat-OG from seedsman. It takes up half of my 4'x8' tent. That's 750 watts on it now. May add 250 more. Planted several but this one stood out. 3 weeks into flower. The other is the same just not as big. Then there is the large bud from a recently harvested auto.
    And finally, an owl in a tree near the house. I'm pretty sure he told me he was guarding my grow but maybe he didn't. He is a big guy. That's a crow above him. Just fucking with him. Because that's what they do.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Not a pound.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	494975Click image for larger version

Name:	Decent plant.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	494976Click image for larger version

Name:	A auto bud.jpg
ID:	494977Click image for larger version

Name:	Guard owl.jpg
ID:	494978
    Last edited by smoorman; 03-01-2021, 10:10 AM.

Nicely done. She’s a monster and just might get you to that one pound mark when the buds fatten up. That’s one of the biggest 5 gallon plants I’ve seen posted here.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

And here's the rest of the pics.

Name:	Decent plant.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	438.6 KB
ID:	494981Click image for larger version

Name:	A auto bud.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	494982Click image for larger version

Name:	Guard owl.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	494983

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Great looking plant above regardless she's going to give you a bountiful harvest. For the rest of the pics just beautiful cola i would be just tickled. If i ever get the chance to just grow 1 plant try and make it fill my whole tent i'd do it. I just love the owls around our place also. I believe they are breeding or nesting now. They from my understanding do not build a nest but take others nests they just move into it like a " squatter " or even lay eggs on the ground i've read?

I’m curious as to how you do a water change with the SCROG netting in place? Do you pump water out of the 5G pail?

Comment

Originally posted by YYCannabis View Post
        I’m curious as to how you do a water change with the SCROG netting in place? Do you pump water out of the 5G pail?
        Yup. Just use a submersible pump or one of those bellows type pumps used for pumping kerosene into kerosene heaters. A few bucks <$5.

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I’m going to try my first SCROG on my next grow and was curious how people do their water changes in 5G buckets. 👍

Try to make the replacement water the same temp and ph-nute levels as the old stuff.

Comment

What a lovely owl!!! Be happy for you have that lovely creature near your house. Off topic I know.. but I love owls
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Excellent work! Might I inquire the age of this incredible beauty, both from seed and flower?
            A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I don't quite remember about from seed but I let it veg for about 4-5 weeks. I remember thinking there is no way I could let this go for 8 weeks in veg. It's about 3 weeks in flower. I did end up knuckling a couple of the longest tops on it which worked well. I scrogged it after the fact just a few days ago. I gave someone a couple of clones from it and may take some from those if all turns out well. This plant would some days go through 2-3 gallons of nutes per day. Flora Nova grow and bloom.

Comment

Name:	big girl 3-11.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	497938 10 days later. Going well. Added a light. Buds are starting to thicken up.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice she’s a beast! Those lights look good too. After my next grow I want to try just growing 1 plant like this. 4-5 weeks veg is much less than I thought it would be

Comment

Just outstanding
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I can’t wait for the harvest total to this beauty. She just might get you close to that 1lb mark. If she does fall short l, it won’t be by much.
                      Awesome job 👍

Comment

You just might get close to your target weight. She's a monstah!
                        5x5 Gorilla tent
                        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                        Technaflora nutes
                        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Wow ! That’s is amazing
                          Last edited by Smallgrow; 03-13-2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X