Am I ready to flip ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Am I ready to flip ?

Hi guys. I'm coming upto my 7th week she has really bushed out in a week I did my last lst begging of this week and trimmed a lot of bigger leaves blocking so many new shoots anyway here's some picks all help and advice greatly appreciated thanks guys πŸ™
    Attached Files

I'd say it depends on how much headroom you have to work with.
    I manifold all of my hydro grows and when they reach the 1st trellis @ 12" above the lid, I flip to flower.
    Most of the strains I've run will usually end up at 36-40" above the lid when they're done.
    This is the current grow at wk 4 of flower.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/NPxrm2eW7RU1mCP17
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

What strain?

Equipment
      5x5x8 Gorilla Grow Tent β€’ Spider Farmer SF4000 β€’ AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
      β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
      1st Grow
      Started 01 Oct 2020 β€’ Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 β€’ Harvested 08 Mar 2021
      Black Gold organic potting soil β€’ Nature’s Living Soil β€’ Compost Tea using NLS
      Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

This is alaskan purple from seedsman and my tent is 6ft tall

Comment

I don't know what flipping is, but I know a good looking plant when I see one.

Comment

• Drekthar
          Drekthar commented
          Editing a comment
          when you grow photoperiod plants you need to switch your lights to 12 hours on and 12 hours darkness. Thats what makes them switch from veg to flower. folks just use the term flipping.

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          Just means switch the light to a 12 hr on, 12 hr off too trigger the plant go to flowering (make buds).

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          Drekthar
          Jink!

Ok I had a day off from work and plenty of time on my hands and decided to give it a good trim haven't really done this before but opened it up a lot underneath and took all the big leaves off thats covering a lot of new growth hopefully I haven't gone to drastic and maybe help to give a answer on wether I should turn the lights to 12 hour on 12 hour off

What you guys think 1 how is my trimming and 2 am a ready to turn into flower thanks guys fir your help I been winging it most of the way
        Attached Files

Comment

I thought Alaskan purple was a indica hybrid? Anyhoo.......if those are post trim photos i would remove more big fans. Your leaf look heat stressed with kinda taco, it's under plant problems. It looks big enough, flip away if you want to.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Welshboykev
            Welshboykev commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes to the indica according to seedsman description the first photo is before haircut and second is after Im not sure about the light it is currently 16-18 inches from the plant its a 240 w samsung 301b and I'm going by the description from when I bought (alibaba) and as this is my first ever grow any and all advice is greatly appreciated thankyou πŸ‘πŸ™

Was this seed a freebie? I received that strain and white widow as freebies and I have to say, I’m glad I did my wife asked to grow it and I said sure to my surprise it doesn’t look like those foxtail plants they show it looks more like the one pic they have of which is probably the best pheno from the strain. In other words dense nugs purple and no foxtails the smell is DANK. In veg it smells like it’s flowering if you rub the stem or leafs you can smell that strong smell I love it. Also it bushes out like crazy so go ahead don’t be shy on defoliating and take clones of it’s the pheno I got you will want to keep it for sure. It will at least double in height once you flip so make sure you flip before you run out of space. Mine seems to be light sensitive so watch out for that. I also thought it was indica dominant but it’s a hybrid for sure I can feel saliva and indica when I’m under its effects lol. Strong in my opinion and my wife’s and I new favorite. I will post a pic hope you don’t mind if you do I can delete it just let me know. Don’t want to encroach your space just want to show you what it can look like.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang Cali that's a friggin nice looking bouquet you got there well done. It is a great smoke.

• Welshboykev
            Welshboykev commented
            Editing a comment
            Omg if I get quarter of the amazing buds you have I will be a very happy man they wasn't free strange coincidence though as this is my first grow and both myself and wife have smoked for years I sat her down one night and asked her to pick one and as her favourite TV program is Alaskan Bush people she picked that straight away because of the name πŸ˜€ but like you say the smell is getting really strong not sure if it should smell before flower but I'm loving it so far , if you have a grow diary of it I would love to see how you got such beautiful plants thankyou for any and all help it's greatly appreciated πŸ‘πŸ™
            Last edited by Welshboykev; 02-27-2021, 05:00 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X