Questions about grow tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about grow tents

Alright guys i have a really important question about a grow tent!! Im looking gor a 2 in1 multichamber grow tent with a zipper divider.
    ive already got a 3x4 but the divider is Velcro.
    Now my question is do they make one with a divider that zips up?????
    the reason im asking is because the one i have ive gotta tape up the cracks around the divider because it leaks light really bad!!

My tent is so big I got “extra walls” with it. So I can divide the tent into two tent, I don’t use it actually.
    but from what I remember my “walls” have zippers.
    I stil duct tape the places I expect to give some small light leaks.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Do small zipper leaks, where you can see light between the closed teeth, affect the flowering?, or is it ok
      4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
      1x Slapz
      1x Quikz
      2x red runtz
      1x flo-see
      1x 2B blunt
      1x persian pie

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        I posted a question about zipper leaks a few weeks ago. General consensus is that most people have never had an issue with tiny leaks.

I have never seen a tent that has a divider that zips up. Secret Jarden makes a 2 in 1 tent that now has a sewn in divider but there can still be light leaks . I have found that a two tent set up is a more practical solution.

Comment

I agree with RikDalton on this one, 2 regular tents is probably a better option. Then you don't have to buy 3 more lights, extra exhaust, etc.

Comment

• gbauto
          gbauto commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I ended up doing downstairs.
          I ended up with a 4x4 Vivosun with a 3x3 f/d tray running coco and a 30x20x60 tent for clones/mothers.
          I just plumbed the 6" extraction fan to pull through the clone tent and then exhaust that through the 4x4.
          With a temp//humidty controller for the fan, it works quite well.

That does make sense. The 2 tent solution!!! Most likely that is what im going to go for!!!
        due to cloning and the perpetual grows ive been running, the 2 in 1 tents are going to be a little too small for what i got planned in the future!
        thanks guys it was worth the question anyway

Comment

I agree 2 tents. Have a specific plan, and size everything correct. Not like me. I'm making it up as go.

I first bought the 3x4 size, 2 in 1 tent. I have yet to use it as intended. Very micro and minimalist. I don't hate it. The shelf can be useful. The partition leaks light, so I taped the seams with gorilla. The poles from the shelf take up space especially on the floor. That makes it less ideal to convert to a one chamber later. 2/5 stars

Did you use yours as intended? Any insights? It seems like the mothers would very small. Yes need extra equipment. I bought a 2nd tent, 3x3 to have another flower room. Now I'm working on a closet so they both seem so small. Plans, man. Gotta plan ahead. lol
          Last edited by treetop; 02-28-2021, 12:56 PM. Reason: reread op, details

Comment

i just set up my second tent and vented the drying tent directly into the grow tent w/ an 8" exhaust and it's working perfectly.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2067.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	527.2 KB
ID:	494631

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X