Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd topping

Hi guys

I topped about two weeks ago and the plants are looking really happy right now but I still want to take it the next level and top them again. The new shoots, after the fist topping, are getting quite tall and healthy so I'm thinking, is it ok to top them right at the first node? Honestly seems like it would be just fine but I need a second opinion. I'm growing 2, 4 weeks old photoperiod GG#4.

Thanks guys 👊

Honestly, it depends on how long of a veg period you're willing to go through. Without a picture it's hard to say what topping at the first node (past where they were previously topped, I assume) would look like. For your next grow, you might want to consider reading up on Nebula Haze's manifolding technique for getting huge yields from just a few plants. I tried it and got a jungle of tops because my plants are a bit too close together. I'll have to see how that all works out but I was able to get eight potential colas per plant with not much work or extra time.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

You can always top back as long as the shoot has nodes below where you want to cut.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Hi ADSL I saw your plant photos after first topping. Good they r going well.
        For me, I'd say wait at least another week, or 2. There won't be any nodes to top back to as gbauto suggests.
        I'm more old school about growing, they need some more time to build up imo.
        Others may have different views of course. ☯️

Comment

You're right guys, I should have taken a pic to back it up. UndergroundFarmer , gbauto, Sylvester, here's what I mean. The blue circle is where I topped it first and the red lines is where I would top again. What do you think guys?
          Thanks again buds, you're good as always.
          Attached Files

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
            UndergroundFarmer commented
            Editing a comment
            That's fine. In fact it resembles the mainlining technique Nebula developed manifolding from.

Hey mate I recently topped my girls for the 2nd time, about 2 weeks from the first topping. You are fine to top again, no need to wait. The longer you wait to top, the more energy will be wasted into a node that you’re ultimately going to remove. Once the new growth have started to come up a bit, you are able to top. Mind you, you should only top a healthy plant otherwise you’re asking for additional problems opening up wounds like that. I attached a photo of one of my topped girls as this is my first post here and I don’t want you to think I’m blowing smoke. For reference, my girls are going into their 5th week also. Best of luck 👍🏼
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you sparxxx007 tbh I just topped, 5min before I read your reply so now I'm feeling more confident thanks to you man. And those plants are looking fine af👌.
            Once again thank you guys. Have a good grow.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X