Branches Tipping Over Due To Buds Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Branches Tipping Over Due To Buds Questions

New Grower in week 7 of flowering on a mango kush I’m starting to experience an interesting problem the branches are tipping over in all directions like the plant is one giant flower opening the branches went from a nice 15-20 degree tilt off center to a full 45 degree horizontal tilt on some I’m just curious if this is natural and if not what can I do in future grows to thicken stems for now I’ve tied the worst of them together so that they’re propping each other up but I’m wandering if I should have done this because I noticed with the new tilt smaller buds near the bottom were getting much more light I welcome all advice thank you

Sometimes there's nothing you can do except support them. I like to put a 3-4' stake in the pot and tie whatever to it that needs to be tied. Sometimes the drooping branches are a result of underwatering. I've had it happen when I went a day longer than I should have. Another thing that may help is to have your fans blowing on your plants. This will make the plants develop stronger branches so the wind doesn't snap them in half and should also help to prevent bending down from heavy buds. You can also tie them to the top of your tent for support. Just a few suggestions, hope they help.

Comment

A stake into the pot and something to tie some colas off to never hurts, give them something to hold up their weight, wet colas get pretty damn top heavy and if it's a heavily defoliated, tall plant with long colas, they can lean like the tower of piza

Comment

I believe silica is supposed to help strengthen branches and cell walls throughout the weed.

I plan to use it next grow. I'm gonna use GH Armor Si since I use the trio.
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

I just use 4' tomato stakes in my coco grows.
          I push them into the media and use some soft ties to secure the branch.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Try these?
            I find them useful for a variety of grow room purposes. "Plant Yoyo Hangers" a buck a piece at Amazon.

My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
            I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
            Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Nice problem to have, a least you have big buds!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X