Off topic: show me your happy place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic: show me your happy place!

Alright... COVID has made everyone’s life go to crap over the last 11 months and it’s impacted every corner of the globe (except those lucky bastards in New Zealand) so i thought it would be nice to share the pictures of your “happy place.” I know everyone here will want to just post a picture of their garden space...and i get it...but that’s not the “happy place” for this thread. Let’s share our pics of the places that put a genuine smile on your face...holiday pic, campfire, skiing...you get the idea. (And, please, no x-rated pics...this is a family forum) Let’s all keep focused on getting past COVID and getting back to our happy places 😁

pic 1 is Varadero, Cuba when we went on our first Caribbean holiday together.
    pic2 is Negril, Jamaica when we got married on the beach.

Fun fact: I had a finger sized joint in my pocket the entire wedding day, waiting for sunset to smoke it.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Me a few yrs ago at our beloved place Mérida, Yucatan. Oh yes wife with friends having drinks at a fund raising night again in the Yucatan. Hope after this covid shit we will be able to go back to our little refuge next winter. And wife and me with friends also in the Yucatan. We really missed them.
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 02-09-2021, 08:12 PM.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw your pics in the other thread. It’s what inspired me to make the happy place thread. That place in the Yucatán looks amazing.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Well thank you YYC, not only it's a beautiful place but the people also.

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks gorgeous down there Farmbuck! I can see why you'd wanna spend your winters there.

I’m actually pretty lucky.....or very sad.....depending on how you look at it. The Rona has not affected my life very much, pretty much the only thing that has changed for me is I don’t go to the occasional breakfast with my uncle or the less occasional dinner out with my wife. I guess being an antisocial unemployed cripple is the perfect lifestyle for the plague. So you were right my happy place is upstairs in front of my tent with a cup of coffee.

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      We joke about not noticing ‘Rona at home since we are anti-social as well. I miss seeing my best friend who’s only 7 doors away. We used to i get together once a week so our dogs can play. My dog sits and stares at their house waiting for another play-date.

A small island in a Rhode Island salt pond that we've been clamming on for over 25 years, and our camp in the adirondacks any time of year. Any place that makes you take a deep breath and you don't need another one right away.

Comment

Whistler/Blackcomb BC, Canada at Christmas. move over Disneyland, this is the happiest place on earth! For us skiers/boarders at least!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy 5.png
Views:	198
Size:	891.9 KB
ID:	489327Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy 4.png
Views:	191
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	489328Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy 1.png
Views:	189
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	489329Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy 6.png
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	489330Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy 7.png
Views:	190
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	489331Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy 3.png
Views:	186
Size:	3.29 MB
ID:	489332Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy 2.png
Views:	183
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	489333Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy 8.png
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	489334
      Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the rime ice at the top. Beautiful.

Camping along the Natchaug River and anywhere on my bike with my wife on the back. Luckily Rona hasn't had too big of an effect on either of those activities.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        A Harley you have PLreef ?

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir. 1986 HD Heritage

Lockdown is teh suck, but the sunsets over Buzzards Bay still take my breath away!

My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

YYCannabis , the wife and I got married in Negril in 2006. Last year was the first year we haven’t visited Jamaica since then. The last several trips we have been staying at Point Village

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          We got married at the resort next door to that. It’s the one that is now called Grand Lido....across the street from Hedonism II.

• RetiredGuy
          RetiredGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          You probably know, but there is a new huge resort there now.

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn’t know that. We haven’t been there is several years now. My son owns a condo in Dominican so it’s where we’ve been going the last few years.

YYCannabis The wife and I have been to Jamaica a couple of times, Montego Bay, and Ocho had a great time. Hawaii is great as well so its a bit of a toss up..
        3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
        New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
        Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
        5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven’t been to Hawaii yet 😩 We like our Caribbean getaways...Jamaica, Cuba, Dominican Republic...plus been to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Hawaii is on our bucket list.

• Drekthar
          Drekthar commented
          Editing a comment
          very good its nice there. I went to Kauai for 2 weeks in winter of 19/20 that was great, i had previously been to Honolulu but Kauai was much nicer. I did a couple of Caribbean cruises as well; one from New York and one from Orlando so we certainly like the Caribbean as well. PEI was great to fyi

I have no happy place anymore.

Comment

• gbauto
          gbauto commented
          Editing a comment
          I've found that happiness has to start from in me...so what's up?

These are my joys while staying at home. I look forward to the new season, I'm thankful to be living in my dream area. River, mountains and clean air. Nature is what keeps me happy.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like your in a great spot with great company!

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Nuthin like busting up cord wood on a sunny day to take your mind off.... everything!

The pics are idyllic.

Cheers,

-Grouchy

I used to live in New Zealand and this whole pandemic made me yearn to be back there. One of the most beautiful countries on the planet and home to Middle Earth. Other than that much like Xena on this forum not a lot has changed. I too have mobility issues that keep me from doing anything worthwhile so i pad about the house with my favorite Feline and hope that one day soon I'll be enjoying face to face gatherings with friends and family with a big joint in one hand and a bottle of decent imported beer in the other.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X