Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YYCannabis
    replied
    I’d recommend backing down the temp to closer to 25C this way you have some headroom if there is an unexpected rise in temp. The fluctuations in temp are just fine for the plant as long as it stays within the recommended guidelines.
    If you keep the Rh at 60-65% with 25C temp, your VPD will be very good and your plant will reward you for it.

Below is a 24hr snapshot of my tent. This is how i keep my garden from seedling to harvest. Despite the appearance of the dip in temp during my lights-off period, it’s only a drop of 2C.

Leave a comment:

• Welshboykev
    replied
    Thankyou guys I'm so happy it's recovered I have a few quick questions if you don't mind answering yesterday I bought a Bluetooth humidity/temperature monitor that records over several days I have a small oil heater in the tent and it was on a thermostat and kicks on and off but looking at the graph there was a very big swing in temp every 20 minutes as it turned on and off so I've removed the thermostat and got the heater on constantly and recorded over the lights out period if looking at graph it stays at 24c very constant the heartbeat dip in the graph is where lights come on and I went into tent to check ph ec so with lights on now it's staying at a very steady 29c , so my question on this is is 29c temperature too high

Also second question is now I have all my nutrients at the correct level no more rusty spots on the leaves and looking like I got the temperature and humidity under control I added 10 ml of calmag to my 19l pot but leaves are still looking a bit light/slight yellow ish have I added enough calmag and can you use too much calmag I'm very worried now adding anything so I hope you guys don't mind me asking here first in my first grow

Last but not least I have now bought a wifi camera with voice control I watch the live feed almost constantly last 24 hours and even started talking to her I honestly think I have issues anyone els have these problems πŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RetiredGuy
    replied
    Nice recovery!

Leave a comment:

• Catfish22
    replied
    Looks like a save to me!

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    replied
    Look at her! She’s a beauty.

Leave a comment:

• Welshboykev
    replied
    Cant believe how bushy it has gone over night Click image for larger version

Name:	20210218015838_49782503_screenshot.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	491421
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Welshboykev
    replied
    Would like to add a update I know its been a week but the plant hadn't grown all all for almost a week I thought I'd totally messed up but went and checked on her today and couldn't believe it has bushed out in the last 24 hours , looking a lot healthier what you guys think 😊
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    replied
    It’ll take a few days. With any luck she will recover just fine πŸ‘

Leave a comment:

• Welshboykev
    replied
    Here's a update after my first ever LST then total change of water has ph 6.4 , ec 0.8 ppm 500 also now with additional of calmag plus the lights are on max now instead of half way 120w to 240w
    the plant didn't do much first 2 days especially after its been through all that in 1 day πŸ˜€ but she's bouncing back a bit now only a few little brown spots but nothing on the new leaves and I think it's starting to go a little bit darker green anyway what do you guys think does it look like it's on the right track to you experts any and all comments welcome
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    replied
    Yes. Get some cal/mag.

Don’t trust an app on your phone to tell you where to set your lights...watch for your plant to tell you how much light she can take.
    Last edited by YYCannabis; 02-07-2021, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Welshboykev
    replied
    Thankyou so much guys I really appreciate your time and help I've been bursting to show and tell some1 and get a better understanding of DWC

Ok so I've completely dumped the water and put all new I was a lot more precise this time I think I added a tiny bit more last time thinking a tiny bit more was better so the EC is slightly lower 0.9 and as you suggested raised the ph to 6.5 as I can see by the chart I was starving the calcium also I have turned the light up to max its set at 18 inches and useing the "LUX APP" on my phone it has moved from 25000 lux to 38000 not that I think the app it totally accurate but it gives a rough idea so fingers crossed its going to be OK I bought the alaskan purple from seedsman because it says it's very forgiving for beginner growers and mistakes ...

Ok i will let you know how I get on and give a update in a few days only 1 more question would it hurt if I buy some calmag and put it in anyway because of my soft water or would the higher pH be ok ..maybe just wait and see first

Thanks again πŸ™βœŒ

Leave a comment:

• gbauto
    commented on 's reply
    Well, I think that you may have discovered your issue...
    I know that some folks never change their rez, but I think that if you don't, the plant will use some of the elements in solution, and it'll end up creating a deficiency.
    I will do a system dump every 10-14 days, depending on how vigorous the plant is growing.
    I use similar lighting(30w/sqft) in my grows and veg at 50% power@20", and then 100%@20" during flower.
    I agree with YY, light is food for the plants.

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    I DWC in 5gal buckets. For small seedling and early veg i don’t usually do a water change unless the plant shows me she needs something. Once the plant starts to grow from early veg to late veg (then all through harvest), I’ll do a full change once a week with only mid-week top-ups when needed. Again, referring to the chart i posted, i make reference to that chart and use it as my guide to my course of action. Never do to plain water top-ups 2x between full changes.

Oh... and turn your lights up. Photons are food and your plant is mature enough to take on more light. That might help explain the pale green color of her.
    Last edited by YYCannabis; 02-07-2021, 04:33 PM. Reason: Typos

• Welshboykev
    replied
    Arrr now we talking I have only changed the water once in a month I left the seed in it for about 3 weeks and did a complete change about 2 weeks ago before the water change I was topping up a few pints of water every few days but now I don't seam to do it so much I check ph every day I started at 6 and it went down to 5.8 after a week this is another thing I'm not sure about how do I change water and when do I just keep topping up with new stuff or completely change it to new every week month ? The nutrients I bought dutch pro came with root riot that supplied looks after roots also 1 thing I missed I got my lights dimmed about half way and will turn them on full when it goes to flower is this right ? And also how's my low stress training did I do it correctly πŸ˜… thanks so much them charts are very useful πŸ‘

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    That’s what we’re here for πŸ˜‰
    As i mentioned, you have several issues happening all at once which is why none of the symptoms match any normal single problem. The great thing about DWC is the ability to rapidly respond to feed issues with a quick nute replacement.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X