Miracle Grow Plus Super Bowl Equals Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miracle Grow Plus Super Bowl Equals Problems

Miracle Grow is airing a commercial during the Super Bowl. In the next few weeks I predict a noticeable increase in plant problem questions on the forum. Please be gentle, they know not what they do by adding synthetic, time release, yield reducing fertilizers
    to their grows.
    I can also predict the outcome of the game with a great deal of certainty, but I know serious growers could care less.
    Last edited by quirk; 02-05-2021, 05:43 PM.

What you talkin bout quirk just know that my " mahomee growee friend " are we going to " deflate " or inflate ?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Huh ?? But then I just finish a few tokes of Panama Red hash lollllll

Miracle Grow owns the market at most big box plant centers. It can be difficult to find potting products that they don't have their hand in. I don't have a horse in the Super Bowl race but I'm picking magic over experience this time.

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      "Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill"

With more and more US states legalizing, I wouldn’t be surprised to see MiracleGro get into cannabis specific plant food. They already have name recognition and complete distribution network.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• quirk
      quirk commented
      Editing a comment
      You're correct. They done more than just stick their foot in the door with their Organic potting mix. The problems come in when folks purchase their one size fits all, liquids and spike fertilizers and over apply.

• BaccaRacca
      BaccaRacca commented
      Editing a comment
      They are already in it. They own Fox Farm.

Never use never will..!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well i must confess to using it for many years as tomato soil and house plants until i learned to make my own.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal I heard too many stories from others about the problems they had. Look I'm learning now with PRO-MIX and now I learn what I have done in term of errors.

quirk I’m not that serious of a grower so I’d like to hear your prediction with a great deal of certainty.

Comment

• quirk
      quirk commented
      Editing a comment
      My prediction can now be revealed. I encrypted it in a post I made 2/6 at 0242hrs, in the thread "Can I harvest" made
      by ufzsolo on 2/2. I was a bit off on KC's scoring prowess.

I love that line Catfish22 you could be right this game. But i sure like these new QBs coming into the game. I maybe an old hippy gal but our house loves to watch the playoffs and the big game.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

quirk I'll bet you're correct. Miracle Gro will make an appearance on here. I view MG kinda like a ronco product. Looks great on TV, all kinds of testimonials about how the product produces these spectacular results, but when you get it home and use it in real world applications it's just $hit....my .02. Go Chiefs!
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Back in 1986 I owned a retail store and worked 12hour 7 days. I put 1/3 peat moss 1/3 manure and 1/3 sand in 15 gal. pot, bag seed from some killer sativa that comes to Tucson about once in 20 years. I gave them rain water and miracle grow as directed on the box. Some of the best I ever grew. I was probably lucky would not do it again.

Comment

BaccaRacca - Negative. That's bro science. Monsanto bought out General Hydroponics, They have nothing tp do with Fox Farms.

Comment

Just a short list of brand that have been acquired by Scotts.

AeroGarden
            Black Magic
            Blossom
            Bovung
            Can-Filters
            Earthgro
            Ecoscraps
            Gavita
            General Hydroponics
            Greenlight
            Hawthorne Gardening Company (sun systems)
            Hyponex
            Lunarly
            Miracle-Gro
            Ortho
            Ortho Elementals
            Osmocote
            Scotts
            Scotts Lawn Service
            Supersoil
            TOMCAT
            Vermicrop Organics
            Whitney Farms
            Monsanto
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              Holy crapballs, Batman! That’s quite the list. Seeing GH on the list does help give it some validation for quality and consistency.

The nutes i use for DWC has a website that looks like it was built by a 10yr old. I question the consistency and quality each time i buy a new jug. Yet i keep buying it. SMH 😏

What is a super bowl? Like a grow bag???
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Originally posted by quirk View Post
              BaccaRacca - Negative. That's bro science. Monsanto bought out General Hydroponics, They have nothing tp do with Fox Farms.
              Don't call me names just because I made a mistake.
              2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
              2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
              2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
              2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X