Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I harvest?

Hi y'all.
    Ive got 5 girls atm andaim wondering if i can harvest already. Im kinda rookie. Please help.

Somango fem autoflower
    Soil medium
    85 days since germ
    mars hydro 2000
    Canna nutes

Looks to me like you still have a couple weeks left to go. Have you looked at the trichomes? That's what you have to go by to get it right.

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

trichomes are cludy, about to turn amberish.

Comment

depends on your personal taste, take a sample, let it dry, if you like the high than go for it

Comment

It looks to me like those buds still have a little filling out to do before they reach full potential. Along with watching your trichomes keep an eye on those sugar leaves. As the buds fill out they will begin to look like they're becoming a part of the bud.

Comment

To determine when to harvest, you will want to look at the trichomes on the buds. You are looking at the color of the round head of the trichome. General rule of thumb is to harvest when you have 10% amber, 80% milky and 10% clear trichome heads. After a few harvests, you may find your own preference.

The amber heads are reported to have more of a sedative, body effect. The clear heads have been reported as being more cerebral and energetic high. Either way, you'll want the majority to be milky. These effects can be attributed to the maturation process of cannabinoids within the trichome heads. True they will continue to mature slightly as they hang dry. The milky to amber is a visual representation of the THCa turning into CBNa.

Do be sure to check the buds and not the leaves. Trichomes on the leaves will mature faster than the buds, so they aren't the most accurate ripeness indicator you can use. However, they can be a good visual indicator as to when you might need to begin your flush if you choose to do so. Using a jewelers loupe is preferred, but many times you can use the camera on your phone to get a close up and clear picture of your trichome heads.

Enjoy the journey!

Comment

The bucks stops here when I get 30 - 24 % amber.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X