First time grow, harvesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First time grow, harvesting

Hi all, I've been interested in growing for quite some time and decided to try out some bag seeds for a start. They're quite long down the flowering stage, I would say about 6 to 7 weeks, but I'm not sure whether or not they are ready for harvest yet. I dont have the best trichome inspection gear (currently using some old projector lens I had lying around) and would like some input on how long down the line you guys think they might be.

​​​​​​I've attached a picture of the bud. (they all look like the attached bud) any input would be appreciated thanks!

Also, I've noticed that they've shot out a few new pistols right when I thought it might be time to harvest. I don't know whether or not I should let them grow a little longer.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Grower155; 01-30-2021, 02:10 PM.

Looks like you still have a few weeks to go my friend. 6 to 7 weeks in flower for some strains is only like half way. You can get a cheap jeweler's loop on Amazon for under $20. Read up on the main site for more info on harvesting.
    Buds look great BTW.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Grower155
      Grower155 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, really appreciate the help! I'll see if I can find myself a decent jewelers loupe.

Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...

Tons of info to get you started.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Yeah I agree you probably have a month or so left. You've done really good work getting this far they're pretty buds. Other than overwatering the biggest mistake made by new growers is cutting early. Good job and welcome to the neighborhood
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Grower155
        Grower155 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I'll probably be more active and post a bunch. Have a few outdoor plants that I'm trying to grow too. Appreciate the help! I'll check them regularly and wait a month.

Looks like you have a couple of weeks to go. Patience is really difficult when you get close to harvest, even for seasoned growers! Checking trichomes is the gold standard so getting a loop or magnifier is critical. Looking really good but patience, my friend!! 🙂
      DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
      315 LEC
      6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X