Beginner grower looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Beginner grower looking for advice

Hey there, I'm just looking for advice on what to do now or what problems I'm making for the plants and how to fix them, my grow space is 3 foot by 3 foot by 5 foot, this is week 2 since I transplanted them into Coco soil, I've been watering when the top layer of soil almost dries out so onc about every 2 days with a pH of 6.0 and A+B nutrients 1ml per every 1L of water, the temperature ranges from 20°C - 27°C, using a 250W ballast with a 600W sunmaster dual spectrum grow light, size of the container is 300ml giving it 18 light and 6 dark a day I know the humidity is at an average of 28% however I've placed a cut plastic bottle over the plant and it does get water droplets on it so I think I'll need to buy a humidifier soon but this is all I have to show for 2 weeks since transplant into Coco soil, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but surely this isn't right? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!
    Current Grow: 1X Mimosa Evo - 1X BCN Critical XXL
    Medium: Atami Coco substrate with 30% perlite mixed in 1 gallon fabric pots until 3 gallon transfer

Space​​: 3 foot X 3 foot X 6 foot lined in pandafilm

Lighting: Mars Hydro TSW2000 at 20 inches away using dimmer to control light output

Nutrients: Shogun A+B, Vitamax Calmag, Shogun pK 9/18, pH up & down

Average Room Temp: 22°C night - 25°C day --- 71.6°F night - 77°C day.

Average RH: 50% - 80% in seedling stage, 50% - 70% in vegative stage, 30% - 50% in Flower

Methods Used: TBD

I'd say you transplanted waaaay to soon and your plant is not recovering.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
      I'd say you transplanted waaaay to soon and your plant is not recovering.
      By transplanted I mean put the seed in the soil, I germinated the seed using the paper towel method and this is the first soil it's been in
      Medium: Atami Coco substrate with 30% perlite mixed in 1 gallon fabric pots until 3 gallon transfer

Lighting: Mars Hydro TSW2000 at 20 inches away using dimmer to control light output

Average RH: 50% - 80% in seedling stage, 50% - 70% in vegative stage, 30% - 50% in Flower

Comment

If that plant is 2 weeks old now I would guess you tried to help it by trying to open up those leaves - yes? Or no? And by doing that you broke the root and killed it.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
          If that plant is 2 weeks old now I would guess you tried to help it by trying to open up those leaves - yes? Or no? And by doing that you broke the root and killed it.
          I haven't touched the plant or the seed since it begun, I picked up the seed with fingers to put it in the soil with the taproot attached but I've never tried messing with leaves or anything like that however the pot tipped over once and the seedling was still inside however I guess that could've caused some stress and killed the root?

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah - something happened - is it growing?

Ermm I'm honestly not sure it doesn't seem to have changed at all in the past 3 days and I'm pretty sure by now I should have a few leaves and they should've spread, my only guess is that when it tipped over it damaged the root or its not humid enough, I'm not sure what else it could be

Comment

Do you have holes in your containers? They don't look like traditional planting pots so I figured I should ask. She may be drowning.

Comment

I’ve seen people say that they’re growing with that low of RH but I had a few week stretch where I had very little or no growth and I’m blaming it on my low RH which got into the hi 20s also and since I’ve got my RH up into the 40s% my growth has taken off again.

Comment

• Beginnersprouter
                Beginnersprouter commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh that's awesome I'm glad you managed to get it back going! May I ask how you increased the humidity in your grow space? I've been looking at humidifiers with a controller however I don't know if they're ideal for a space that's 3X3 feet

• Xena
                Xena commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a 3x3 and have my pots up on risers with fairly large drip trays under them. I put water in my trays and put a small fan blowing across them and closed my tent up to hold the humidity in. Now that I’m watering more, since my plants are bigger, my RH is close to 50%.

Originally posted by dphipps1020 View Post
              Do you have holes in your containers? They don't look like traditional planting pots so I figured I should ask. She may be drowning.
              Yeah there's holes all around the pot 1 per centimeter from halfway down all around and on the bottom too, I might be better off buying some traditional rooting pots or something though, I'm not entirely sure

Comment

there a bunch of reasons a seedling will die so I wouldn't worry about it, I grow in coco so heres a couple of things I do

when I mix my coco I add 2 things perlite and a double dose of calmag , I also check the PH of new coco , When I hand fed I would give enough water to last 3 days get a ph ,moisture meter . The thing to keep in mind with coco is if you dont water to about 20% runoff ,the nutrients will build up in the root zone , Have you learned about ppm yet its a good tutorial to read and you need to know about it . thats about

try a new seed , did you use a root riot . Read as many of the tutorials as you can its all good info ,
                after you grow long enough you will see there are 6 ways to do everything pick one you like and grow
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Im on my 1st grow with coco coir/perlite 60/40,same bulb but using 600w dimmable ballast on 250,3 different dwarf autos.I had the opposite problem to you in that i suffered with high humidity.Made every mistake you can think of along the way but just made it to harvest.5oz of the 2 smaller ones and 4oz of the larger 1.Never been so happy.Anyway ramble over my point was you will get there.Keep refering to GWE and here as i did.Good luck.It helps if you start with good genetics from a reputable dealer.
                  Grow tent=120x60x150 for veg,300x150x160 for flowering
                  Current grow=4x dwarf autos,
                  Medium=coco/perlite 60/40
                  Nutrients=canna a+b plus calmag
                  Lighting=2x110w QBs for veg,2x600w hps/digital+dimmable for flowering
                  Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
                  Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
                  Pots=12l fabric
                  Temps with light on 23-24c,lights of 17-18c

Comment

Originally posted by george66 View Post
                    Im on my 1st grow with coco coir/perlite 60/40,same bulb but using 600w dimmable ballast on 250,3 different dwarf autos.I had the opposite problem to you in that i suffered with high humidity.Made every mistake you can think of along the way but just made it to harvest.5oz of the 2 smaller ones and 4oz of the larger 1.Never been so happy.Anyway ramble over my point was you will get there.Keep refering to GWE and here as i did.Good luck.It helps if you start with good genetics from a reputable dealer.
                    Hey that's awesome! I didn't know about perlite at all until yesterday and I'm still not entirely sure what benefits/cons it has but I'm going to look more into it and would you say the 600w dimmable ballast was worth the money? That's a lot of harvest as well! Good growing!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X