Huge roots for such a young plant DWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge roots for such a young plant DWC

Hello, I am growing a wedding cake fem seed from seeds man it is currently around 30 days old. It is in a 5 gal bucket with a 275 gph air pump and 2 air stones. I feed it the gh trio along with rapid start, cal mag, diamond nectar, and hydro guard. All according to the gh feeding schedule. It is under a 600w viparspectra on veg setting. My question is, what size should the roots be on a 30 day old plant from seed, mine seem quite big for the age, but not really a bulky root system so I was wondering if anyone has any opinions. Pictures attached

for reference the roots are easily 3 feet in length

That is nothing I’ve seen before. I grow in 5 gallon buckets and my roots are never that long.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Growmax302
      Growmax302 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm... what nutrients do you use? And would you consider this a good thing then?

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      I would think it’s a great thing. Roots = Flower Power

• Growmax302
      Growmax302 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that’s good news lol, the only reason I asked is because my buddy was wondering why they were so big and long instead of bulky and wide like the bucket itself

I would be using both veg & bloom switches by 30days, try using both. I have a pair of vipars in my tent i use both spectrums by 2wks of age at 36" you want her to stretch right?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Growmax302
      Growmax302 commented
      Editing a comment
      If I turn on the other switch it gives it spectrums in the red and infrared, which causes stretch. I’m trying to avoid that until flower.

• Growmax302
      Growmax302 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m more interested in the length of the roots at such a young age, was asking for opinions in what their roots may have looked like at this age point

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing to see here...
      Now, when you have completely filled that bucket with roots I might be concerned.
      Big roots=big plant.

The reason they are long like that is they are acting as tap roots. If you would rather they grew wider, you could always snip the ends and they will grow out more instead of "down". Just my thoughts.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X