Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoopergarden
    commented on 's reply
    Ahhh... Thats why I had too much suction. PS: I taped a furnace filter on the. Intake side of a box fan and am running that in the room. It is helping. Thanks!

• Yoopergarden
    commented on 's reply
    Ahhh... Thats why I had too much suction. PS: I taped a furnace filter on the. Intake side of a box fan and am running that in the room. It is helping. Thanks!

• Ckbrew
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	VACUMM HOSE.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	484284

Pix of the tubing in the vac hose setup, worth 1000 words. Not pretty, but it works.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    Even with no tape on the empty space on the end of the vac hose? Try tubing inserted shallower in hose, or try cutting a vent hole in the side of the shop vac hose to reduce the vacuum in the tubing. I had to work to find the right suction in the tube, but it sure beat tweezers. See pix in post below.

• Floopydoop
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, the 3 bucket method seems scary AF the first time, but it only added to my drying time by a few hours.
    Took off gobs of nasties stuck on the buds I couldn't even see.

Baking Soda, lemon juice, and clean water. Add another bucket and peroxide if you suspect WPM.

Dunk em semi aggressively for like 30 seconds each bucket. Finish with water, shake em off and hang dry with a fan moving air.

• Puglover1
    replied
    I had cat hairs. When my overhead light bulb burned out while trimming in the spare bedroom I put a headlamp on my noggin. Easier to see what you're doing and to see the furs. I dried my bud and then got a lot of fur in the trim bin. Winter here, dry air, static, they stick to it easily.

Leave a comment:

• Yoopergarden
    commented on 's reply
    I couldn't get this dialed in. The venturi effect is so strong sugar leaves were getting sucked and rippong off or blocking the airflow. I am thinking a airbed inflater reverse engineered for vacuum. I will know better next time.

• Yoopergarden
    replied
    So far the mixed approach of sticky tape and tweezers is working best. Pick than contain. Suction was hard to manage and the buds are so damn sticky. (Never thought that could be a negative). I will jist burn one...chill and wait for them to finish and know better next run. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Yoopergarden
    replied
    I had planned on the the bucket wash as an experiment on part of the harvest anyway for comparison. I will try to get as much a possible off before hand cuz I fear they will be impossible to remove after submerging in the sticky bud... Thanks for all the great input so far. I will share the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Cali
    replied
    Maybe a bud wash? That what outdoor growers do to get rid of dirt and who know what else from the outdoor elements.

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    Use a clear tape and roll inside out so the sticky side covers the tape and roll around your buds gently. You can use one of those rollers made to remove lint and hairs off of suits too

Leave a comment:

• hazenph
    replied
    collie hair tastes good, Shepard hair, not so much!

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    replied
    Keep pulling ‘em when ya see ‘em. I’ve noticed that dog hairs are almost easier to spot when i take pics of the plants...not sure why. 😕

Leave a comment:

• dphipps1020
    replied
    I usually try and get most of the hair when I hang them up, and then more when I trim. I have 5 dogs and they shed like crazy so I'm always tracking it in my tents. No real easy fix for that honestly. Sticks so bad to the trichomes, even a vacuum wouldn't pull them off.

Leave a comment:

• Malkavian420
    replied
    I have a cat who is a fiend and loves to chew on the leaves (he once forced his way in once and nibbled a couple of week old seedlings down to the nub). Have had to go to extremes to "barricade" the grow room door, but still allow enough for ventilation.
    *sigh* the growing guides don't cover these types of plant pests ;-)

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X