Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    I think you might be too early cutting off her nutes. Those hairs say she needs more time. What do the trichs look like?

• JeffInCanada
    replied
    65 Days
    It's not all bad news....the buds seem to be fattening up a bit, getting frosty too. I'm still thinking about the burnt tips and yellowing leaves. It's always a roll of the dice (at least for me) trying to determine exactly what is going on and then act accordingly but I'm going with reducing the rooms temperature (I started up the room A/C- had it off all winter) and I am going to feed one more time. Then, keep it watered with just PHd water until the end. She's gonna look a little rough by the then I think but I'm feeling confident it's going to be worth all the love.

Leave a comment:

• Sudsnbuds
    replied
    This is counter to the other posts, but I think your lights are too far away. I’d move them closer. And I would hit it with more nitrogen. I would sprinkle on the soil top and mix in your water powdered oyster shells. And a day after watering in that manner, I’d use a higher nitrogen fertilizer mixed half load with a half load bloom fert. The oyster calcium will allow the plants to eat the nitrogen and it will correct the deficiency. Closer lights will let photosynthesis occur faster and your buds will get fat. Just a thought based on the yellowing.

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Hi FarmerJoe
    Thanks a lot for posting. I really appreciate the words. I'm finding it very challenging to keep these plant healthy until the end. But I sure do enjoy it. I think your approach is wise. Take it slow, do nothing in a knee-jerk quick way. Tweek this, adjust that...over time we get better. I do put a lot of care into it and when a curve ball comes it's a wild ride when you're unsure as you go. It's very reassuring to hear from others who have been there. Thanks!

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    YYCannabis Thank you very much for the reply. I think you may be right about the Nitrogen. With the burnt tips I'm a little gun shy to give it anything but maybe she is low on nitrogen. Maybe I'll push the flush back little and give it some. Thanks again!!
    Last edited by JeffInCanada; 03-22-2021, 11:09 AM.

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Catfish22 Thanks for the reply. You could be right about the heat stress. Temp have been a little high, not crazy high but a little. It is possible. And you're right, who knows, maybe this strain is shy on the heat. I got my crash helmet on, seat belts fastened, gonna drive this plant home. It may not be pretty

• FarmerJoe
    replied

JeffinCanada, Be Patient Man, your Girls look good. Don't pay much attention to the Breeders time frame recommendations. I feel like 65 or 70 days is usually for ideal, perfect conditions and environment. Seldom found by most of us .Auto’s Typically take at least 90 days for me. give or take a week. Depends on the strain, weather conditions…..etc..

I have experienced something similar in the past, and chalked It Up to unstable temperatures. In the winter sometimes I find it very hard to keep a consistent temperature, during the Dark Hours especially. Usually end up overthinking, over correcting light distance & nutes For an unconfirmed problem. Not helping actually making it worse in the long run.

The pictures look good, be patient, They will let you know if they need something extra.

I had a few plants with a similar problem. finally ended up just flushing them really good with plain water to make up for all the unneeded corrections I had tried. That seemed to help more than anything else to get them back healthy looking. I will look again, but from your pictures they look fine, Leaves start turning yellow towards the end.. You’ll know when they're ready for Harvest. Those last few weeks they can really kick ass, fatten up surprisingly quick. Plant some new ones to have ready & take their place, At Harvest. Just my opinion. Happy growing.

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    replied
    I feel like this..if learning to bake a cake was learning to grow weed.

Leave a comment:

• Catfish22
    commented on 's reply
    It just looks so much like heat/light stress. What are your temps/humidity like?

Also Nebula's nute schedule does back down pretty good on the nitrogen about week 9 so if you are following it I don't know. I did keep calmag at one tsp until recently. Ì am about 3-4 days ahead of you I think.

It could be your strain, double hybrid isn't it? Whatever is going on you'll bring it on home I'm sure!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think she's looking to starved maybe it is the spectrum not sufficiant enough to keep her greener? They sure seem to like blue & white light on my veg only switch but i only keep it on the photos for 2wks then i use both switches. Heck my are also same time frames nearly and i'm still going with 70days on 1 she's not fading at all just plumping.

• JeffInCanada
    replied
    Thanks for the replies everyone I'm still scratching my head though wondering what is going on or what I could have done better. Pretty sure that the tips of the leaves should not be getting burnt. Pretty sure that the whole plant should not be turning yellow. It's frustrating when it keeps happening at the same time every grow. No matter how much I keep an eye on everything. As far as I can tell the plant has nute burn and is deficient in something, now what do I do? Not sure if there is anything I can do now other than keep it watered and hope that the buds fatten up.

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    I think she is looking for more Nitrogen. Unless you did something to your lights recently, i don’t think it would be light burn (or is she still stretching?).

She doesn’t look bad but the overall pail coloring is worrisome this late in flower. If it is nitrogen, she might not fatten up as much as she is capable of. Try boosting N for the next feeding and keep an eye on her. You may have cut back on the nutes a bit early. If a producer says 65-70 days, it’s more like 75-80 days.
    Last edited by YYCannabis; 03-19-2021, 10:24 PM.

• Catfish22
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice! Mine both do the little tip thing, I found that if you check after some new growth they seem to mostly clear up so I haven't been concerned with it.

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    A healthy girl my grower friend..!

• JeffInCanada
    replied
    61 Days
    Oh poop! Things are going sideways....seems to happen to me every grow about half way through flowering. Not too worried, I'll mange to steer this baby home somehow. Although, I am sort of mystified about what's going wrong. I'm just hoping I can keep it healthy enough to finish with a half decent harvest.

Burnt tips Sure looks like nute burn but I am surprised. I have been feeding very light, in my opinion. Every 3rd watering less than 400 ppm (GH Flora Series + Calimagic) including the 165PPM out of my tap.
    Run off PH has been pretty consistent at 6.3 (maybe a little high??).
    Overall yellowing of the top leaves Again, I am wondering what is causing this. Light burn?? With my CFLs?. The LED lights that I have in the grow are not very strong (I don't think) although I do not know much about LED lights. Maybe I have had them too low for most of the grow?? If someone can comment on the LED lights as far as distance goes I sure would appreciate it. In the meantime I will try and figure it out. You can see the LED lights and the typical hanging distance in past photos I have posted. Amazon link here: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Any suggestions on improvement are greatly appreciated. The breeder says 65-70 days but I expect to go a bit longer than that. I'm not in a rush. Just hoping to keep her healthy as possible to the end.
    Last edited by JeffInCanada; 03-19-2021, 01:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X