Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    Jeff - the air being pulled through the carbon needs contact time with the carbon material. Moving the air slower allows for that extra moment inside the filter for the carbon to have a better effect on scrubbing the stink out of it.

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you YYCannabis You've helped No, I have not tried reducing the fan speed to help with the odor. I mean, I'm listening but of course that sounds opposite to what I would think. Is there a theory on it or something? Sounds like something I want to ponder.

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    She’s so pretty.

For your carbon filters, have you tried reducing fan speed to get better odor removal?

• Catfish22
    commented on 's reply
    Wow! Nice 🙂

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I would be happy at this point she's so charged filling out the bud, she's leaving her green to feed that growth. They look great love that 2headed top bud how cool.

• Canuck147
    replied
    Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    replied
    78 Days
    All things considered at this point she's not looking too bad. There are a pretty even mix of clear and cloudy trichs with a few ambers showing as well. Her days are numbered. I think she'll go another week to 10 days. The smell coming off of this plant is incredible. I have 2 carbon filters going full tilt. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    replied
    She seems to be looking a bit better today. Still lots of yellowing on the larger leaves (I know that won't get better) but lots of healthy looking stuff going on at the buds. And she's still drinking up the water real good....I think she's gonna be alright

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks SoOrbudgal I didn't remove any leaves between the 1st & 2nd pic...the pics don't really show it but there is good space between the leaves. Over the grow I have removed any lower leaves that were touching each other, in the way of bud sites or otherwise in the way. I am hesitant to remove more. My thinking is to leave them on the plant, to draw nutrients from if the plant needs them. I am terrible at the whole nutrient thing. The leaves are my safety net. You could be right about the CFLs (and removing the lower leaves). I'll have to look into the whole light spectrum requirements thing (man there is so much to learn growing this weed). I have grown with the CFLs before and I didn't get the yellowing and I do switch between different K values for veg-flower but I have to figure what happened so it could put me on the right track. Thanks again.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    My thinking at this point is to remove all bottom leaf on each branch or did you in the 2nd pic? She could go longer than you think. Don't worry she's looking great tad yellow I think the CFL are the issues and it needs more sunlite spectrum. But she'll give you a decent harvest i'd be happy with.

• JeffInCanada
    replied
    71 Days
    She is looking a little rough around the edges...yellow all over. The burnt tips seem to be not getting worse and the buds are getting fat. Trichomes are mostly clear with some cloudy. I am still feeding her. We're getting close, I think that she'll survive until the end.

Leave a comment:

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    Same thing happened to me, I think it was light burn. My strain proved sensitive to light at other times. I had been slowly lowering my light every couple weeks into flower. At 100% I think I just got to close in the end. Either that or the Flower Power Girl I was using at the end may have contributed, but that’s lower on nitrogen. Those were my only changes. Up until then the leaves were fine.
    The other option might have been my plants were just sacrificing those last fan leaves to put everything into the buds. Yeah I like that one...I’ll go with it.

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    YYCannabis Great point about watching the progression. Honestly I am not sure if the tips are still getting worse or not. I'll watch them. And, I'm going to keep a close eye on the buds and trichs. If they look like they have some more time to go I will keep in mind that another feeding will be ok before the flush time. I feed it yesterday, we'll see what happens. Thanks so much!!

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    Nute burn will not heal itself once it occurs. Is it progressing or is it stabilized? Sometimes we get focused on what is there and don’t keep track of it’s progression or stagnation.
    I’d suggest to keep feeding her.

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    YYCannabis Thanks! You could be right. I haven't check the trichs yet, I figure that I have at least 10 days left but it is a great point. I will check them. I also watch the seed bracts on the buds and watch for them to swell up (they do that even with no seeds inside) and they are still pretty tiny. So I think the buds probably do have a ways to go. You very well could be correct. But...what about the nute burn? (If that is what all of the burnt tips are) My way of thinking is if the plant is telling me that it's getting too much already why give it more? My way of thinking may be wrong of course Sure looks like it needs nitrogen too but I'm afraid to give it much.
    Last edited by JeffInCanada; 03-23-2021, 09:06 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X