Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No weight in nuggs

Hi people
    I've just dried out a northern lights auto but there is no weight in the buds? Why is this and how can it be rectified? Thanks for any advice
    ✌✌

can you clarify some more, by "no weight" do you mean when you pop it on a scale its reading "0"?
    420 dubs/nuggets when dried are as light as dried herbs, and just to get an ounce (or a few grams) of a herb, you'll be buying a lot of herb.
    So the same is true with your Northern lights - if you are trying to weigh a nugget about half the size of a golf-ball, you'll be lucky if it weighs 0.1oz.
    A whole coala when harvested and fresh, may weigh several ounces, but once dried and cured will be 25% of the original weight - maybe less.

A full sandwich bag of your favourite strain, may only an ounce!

Comment

Lack of sufficient lighting results in loose and larfy buds.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Picture would help

Comment

I agree with Canuck147 here, it's probably your lighting. I used to get fluffy buds that weighed next to nothing too, but it was good smoke. I upgraded my lights and it helped tremendously. What lights are you running?

Comment

I'm using a 600w full spectrum led
            i have a 6 inch monkey fan with an extractor too
            Soil and perlite is my choice of mix
            Using 12on 12off lighting schedule
            Temp is 24 degrees Celsius
            Humidity is 26

Thanks for replies
            ✌✌

Comment

So I'm guessing that's not 600W from the wall, probably about 120-130W. That would be the problem I would say. What size space are you growing in?

Comment

At 24C and 26%Rh, your plant wasn’t moving much fluid from the roots to the flower sites. (I’d hazard a guess that your leaves always felt dry like they could almost crumble?) With that temp and Rh your VPD was way off the scale. This would have caused the leaves to close their stomas and reduce movement of nutrients.
                There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Dave1972
                  Dave1972 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Leaves always felt fine and were always green too... I really can't understand why my yields are really poor

I'm growing in a 2' square 4' tall grow tent
                dphipps1020 .. Sounds like i need new lights but i don't want to get the wrong ones (either too strong or to weak) any advice??

Comment

Whats your budget? Mine is tight, and my area is larger, you might look at the Mars Hydro tsw 1000 for that size area. They work well and are not to costly, I have a pair of tsw 2000s over a 3x6 foot area. Best I can say is do some homework within your budget and buy all the light you can (ask here someone may have info on the LED your looking at). I have not tried other brands and cannot compare these to others but I like them. I also mounted the drivers remote to keep the heat from the LEDs.

Comment

Mars Hydro makes a couple good options and Spider Farmer has one for a 2x2. Those are the only ones I've really looked at honestly. Here's links for the ones I'd look at.

https://www.mars-hydro.com/buy-mars-...s-for-for-sale

I just ordered this one for my 2x2 mother tent. https://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-tsw-...led-grow-light

https://www.spider-farmer.com/produc...led-grow-light

Add on, some people also like ViparSpectra. They have a few decently priced options as well. Thought I'd add a couple more options to look at.
                    Last edited by dphipps1020; 01-15-2021, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Dave1972
                      Dave1972 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thankyou ✌✌

HPS lights are great for growing big dense buds.

Comment

• Ace1973
                      Ace1973 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I use a 400 watt hps in a 4x4 tent and have no problems, the 400watt cost me 125 bucks US.

• MagicMike66
                      MagicMike66 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      @dphipps yeah they sure can. Probably not the best if you’re grow area is always hot. I have a friend who’s had issues cos of this. I use a 600w in a 4x4 with no worries.

• dphipps1020
                      dphipps1020 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      600W isn't too bad if you have a good exhaust system, but it can heat your house up quite a bit. I do have a 4x4 with a MH light in it right now. It's on a 750W ballast turned down to 75% and it does fine. Problem for me is that I run multiple tents so more than one of those is a little too much for the room the tents are in. I have 4x 315 CMH lights in my 8x8, talk about hot! I had to put a portable air conditioner in the tent for all that heat.

Originally posted by Dave1972 View Post
                    I'm using a 600w full spectrum led
                    i have a 6 inch monkey fan with an extractor too
                    Soil and perlite is my choice of mix
                    Using 12on 12off lighting schedule
                    Temp is 24 degrees Celsius
                    Humidity is 26

Thanks for replies
                    ✌✌

Instead of using a 12/12 light schedule for your autos, kick it up to 18/6 or 20/4 and maintain 50-60 Rh. Minimum actual150w for your tent, 200w is better and will increase yield. You get the drift.
                    Last edited by quirk; 01-16-2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

just to give you an idea

Comment

Spider farmer has last years model sf1000d on Amazon for $99 it's the same light as the $160 sf1000 except it doesn't have a dimmer
                        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
                        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
                        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
                        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
                        3 gallon pots all autos
                        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
                        👇my one n only journal👇
                        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X