Phenotypes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phenotypes

I usually only grow one plant at a time for personal use but planted my last three White Widow seeds this time so I could order a different strain. Love White Widow, one hit wonder kind of stuff but my tolerance seems to be building up. Anyway, there is a different difference with one of my plants. Two are identical but one has obviously more sativa genetics. Still a couple of weeks away from harvest but I'm anxious to see what, if any, differences there will be in the smoke. Already planning to keep them separated for drying through cure. I just find it interesting that long established strains will still show different phenotypes.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Good morning PuravidaC i found in my last grow i took clones off same mother GSC an 2 out of the 3 were green buds green leaf an the other purple with bright orange hairs. I've grown WW an have had center bud purpleish an same seed order had normal green buds? The crossings of these hybrids are getting wild hard to figure out the height an times.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Wow SoOrbudgal. I'm not really surprised to see different phenos from seed but clones too??!! I have read that different growing environments can cause differences but damn... and it does seem like all the cross breeding has really stirred the pot! That is one of the reasons I decided to grow older, cup winning strains! I'm an old hippie and I know everyone says the newer strains are stronger but I have fond memories of really good weed back in the day! 🤯
      315 LEC
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

Something funny about that White Widow! From what I've seen, it's usually on the lower end of the THC content (between 15-18% roughly). I will say it definitely packs a punch though, kicks my ass pretty good lol

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I enjoy the WW but it's not my go to strain for evening. That's why PuravidaC i have gone to higher priced better genetics. Sometimes i bite the bullet an just move forward. At the very least i purchase a strain from dispensary if i like it i look for the seed. I will clone my strains that helps huge with costs. I enjoy growing high quality indoor at least i try LOL.

Sure it happens but it’s worth mentioning that the true white widow is now called black widow, mr. nice rebranded it after GHS stole the name and made its own version degrading its genetics. The white widow everybody sells is not the very stable very potent famous plant. Only the black widow is. That’s why you see the inconsistency
        Last edited by 9fingerleafs; 01-14-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang that's great to know thanks 9fingerleafs i wonder about other strains with the inconsistent effects. This makes alot of sense to me now.....kinda sad.

Well hello 9fingerleafs. Good to hear from you again! What you say makes a lot of sense. I have grown other strains that supposedly had higher THC but did not have the punch that current WW seeds have. Have not heard of, nor seen, Black Widow. I have been thinking for quite some time that with all the different "strains" coming down the pike that everything is getting somewhat blended.
        315 LEC
        6" Carbon filter
        3- 6" fans
        humidifier
        temp and humidity gauge
        FF trio nutrients

Comment

Like Clackamas Coot says, “once you devolve the wolf into a chihuahua there is no going back” I’m trying to get a hold of his strain that he has been growing for over 30 years not crossed with anything. He claims the effects are those that older people would love and can’t get with any of the new strains and kicks like a mule.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Check out AK Bean Brains as well for old school breeders with old and new varieties, he's been breeding since 1985. Shit like Brothers Of Eternal Love's Oaxacan, Hawaiian Cat Piss, Matanuska Thunderfuck, true Durban, old Blueberry unrelated and older than DJ Short's, etc. You can find them at a few banks or buy direct from the man himself.

Well, my pheno types have played out as expected. One plant, with definite indigo traits, is roughly 50% amber. Another that clearly has more sativa is mostly cloudy but no amber and the third is somewhere in between (10% amber). I use my grow room for drying so I don't have the option to harvest in stages so everything will get harvested tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if the effects hold true to pheno types.
        315 LEC
        6" Carbon filter
        3- 6" fans
        humidifier
        temp and humidity gauge
        FF trio nutrients

Comment

You want the sativa to be at least milky,
          Problem with today's genetics is there are no standards, no patents, no copy rights, anybody can just set up and make seed from whatever they choose and call it what they want.

Comment

Yeah Rwise, that does seem to be the case. So many hybrids that everything seems to get mixed up. Got my seeds from Nirvana but...
            I prefer more of a head high that energizes so I'm fairly comfortable cutting this early. The sativa dominate plant is mostly cloudy (milky) but just a little swelling of calyx. I worry that if I let the indica dominated plant go much longer I'll have more CBD than I prefer. Don't need more help taking a nap!
            315 LEC
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Make that CBN, thats the sleepy time time stuff.

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
            Sure it happens but it’s worth mentioning that the true white widow is now called black widow, mr. nice rebranded it after GHS stole the name and made its own version degrading its genetics. The white widow everybody sells is not the very stable very potent famous plant. Only the black widow is. That’s why you see the inconsistency
            Hi 9fingerleafs
            Who is GHS? My research show possibly Green House seeds?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X