Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soil grow, flowering stage, which nutrient(s) would help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil grow, flowering stage, which nutrient(s) would help?

Being my first grow I didn’t fully understand the nutrient needs when I started 01 October.

I planted in 3 gallons of plain organic soil, some weeks later I found out about Nature’s Living Soil and moved the content to 7 gallon pots surrounded by NLS mix (hindsight: I should have done their super soil mix).

They’ve looked pretty good after dialing in the environment and using compost tea every couple weeks.
    I switched to 12/12 on 01 December and in the past few days noticed some yellowing. I added some NLS into the first couple inches per their top dressing directions and covered that with a new layer (1-2”) of some living soil mix I had leftover from the transplant. The soil had settled providing this room.

I’m not sure if this will be enough nutrients to take me to the flower 60-67 day mark.

At flowering time I did the following;
    Moved the light dimmer up from 80% to 100% (per SF’s new chart)
    Lowered the light from 30” to about 18-20” (per SF’s new chart)
    Lowered the temp range per GWE’s chart
    Lowered the temp range per GWE’s chart
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AF928AF3-3118-4C5E-AAA0-8D41EF797E0A.jpeg
Views:	208
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	481620

Name:	8D04F0F0-9AE3-4095-854B-986488CBC1CF.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	378.3 KB
ID:	481621
    This was Sunday. It’s easier to see the change in real life. The yellowing is mostly up high, but oddly on the rear left plant, half of it remains darker green (the half to the right). The smallest of the 3 plants is at rear right and has the most yellowing. It seems I have 2 phenos and that yellower one is twin to the one I moved indoors to be a mother and that one has never changed in color (beautiful dark green) with all 4 getting the same soil treatment.

So is it all the environment changes listed above (stressing the plants) or is the plants eating up all my supplemental nutrients due to flowering?
    If I need more powerful nutrients what would you recommend for soil?

Name:	3B898D34-7D74-4C96-AB67-9B71F41F4B93.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	3.95 MB
ID:	481624

Name:	17C05DCC-4811-4076-AF00-53D3E4252A30.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	481622

Name:	CB6785F1-4F4F-4DDD-9149-A7B2DDD2803F.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	481623

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

MrPNW hi again, I'm not seeing the yellowing you are talking about but normally it is magnesium and a tbs of epsom salt/gallon of water should help with it and won't hurt if not. If you are wanting to stay all organic I read a good article about organic feeding https://homesteadandchill.com/how-to...s-organically/ I don't know what NLS is so no help there. I use a sf and during flower I keep mine at 15" 100% I'm having a little trouble now with some blue dream being sensitive to light so obviously there's never an exact setting
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• MrPNW
      MrPNW commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that I fully understand the Subcool Super Soil concept I’m going that route entirely on my next grow with the solo cup going straight into 7 gallons of it.

NSL site info
      Super Soil Technique:
      1. For containers 5 gallons or greater use 3.2 ounces of concentrate per gallon of container
      2. Fill a container 1/3 full with the concentrate and potting soil and mix thoroughly.
      3. Fill the remaining 2/3 of the container with base potting soil only
      4. Plant and water from seed to harvest

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe that you are making the right decision. I'm liking the organic living stuff and I have shared some of my last grow with friends n family and they said that it was definitely better tasting than other weed I've given them. Of course they're getting free weed so they're not gonna complain but I always ask em to be honest with me about my weed because I want to know obviously how I'm doing.
      I really don't like having to transplant but I always start in cups because it never fails 1 or more of em will stretch or grow sideways and it's easier to fix when you transplant then if they're in their home pot from the beginning.
      Good luck, we'll see you around I'm sure 👍

• MrPNW
      MrPNW commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m actually thinking about doing an experiment combining their two techniques. Begin with a large Solo cup of plain organic soil for the clones/seedlings and transplant those into the 7 gallon pots with the first 1/3 super soil mix, then 2/3 with the living soil mix.
      I’m hoping the large Solo will be enough buffer for the young plants before hitting the living soil and finally the super soil at the end.

My plants need watering about every 3 days. Since the one showed some yellowing I’ve been watering them with compost tea.

Day 1 - I fill my bucket with 3 gallons water. The “bubble” lid aerates it for 24 hrs to dissipate anything in this city water (which is nice water).
    Day 2 - Add nature’s living soil, molasses and seaweed extract. Brew
    Day 3 - Water the girls.

Day 26 in flowering.

Name:	53C0E848-169C-4412-AFBD-B48F99B36D52.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	536.1 KB
ID:	485568Click image for larger version

Name:	DB2BF203-05E1-431B-9376-F8EDA18CD1A8.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	485569

Equipment
    1st Grow
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

I just ordered some of this today. I’ll be using this instead of NLS’s Original soil to make compost tea and top feeding.

Name:	C5C6484B-1DE6-4543-ABE3-1BEA653A1399.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	485571

Equipment
      1st Grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X