How to manage this motha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to manage this motha?

This is a clone and I want her to be a mother that I keep. Problem is she’s growing and spreading and I don’t have the space.

Tent is full and on 12/12 now. I have her under cfl 24/0 and is doing well.

I’m thinking of cutting her way back (probably make a few more clones from her as I do). How do you think a big trim - like half - would work?

Ir is there a better way to handle this? Thanks in advance!
    Current Grow:
    2x Blue Dream Autos
    Coco + Perlite mix
    GH trio + CalMag, Floralicious, KoolBloom
    2x4x5 tent, SF1000 LED + Viparspectra PAR450

I have my keepers in 1 gal coco pots.
    My goal for these plants is to give them enough food/water/light to survive-think hibernation mode.
    I normally have to give them haircuts every couple of weeks to keep the size manageable.
    The only suggestion I can offer would be to think twice, cut once when trimming back.
    Always leave a viable node to grow a new shoot.
    When it's time for me to generate some cuts, I give them the normal veg feed/water/light schedule to crank them back up.
    I rotate old mothers out about every 3 months-I probably could keep them in there much longer but I suppose it's sympathy more than anything else.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Earlygrower
      Earlygrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome. Thanks! Love think twice cut once.

You can cut that way down, for sure. Just make sure you leave a couple nodes to grow out, but otherwise you can cut her to almost nothing. Take your first clones, if you have the space. These are my mothers shortly after a trim in a 2x2' tent.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Earlygrower
      Earlygrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. Thanks much. Time to break out the fiskars!

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any time. As a height/size reference, mine are only about 6" tall with 4-8 nodes each at about 6 months old (I think). I'm pretty into the whole bonsai mother thing now, it's addicting. I have to find another strain I like to add to the others so I have 9 total. May up it later and move them all to my 2x4, but for now this is good 😂

Chop her down as small as you need it to be, just leave a few leaves so it will survive. Mother plants serve one purpose, to provide clones. If you aren’t taking clones and she gets too big chop chop

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X