First time grower any advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower any advice

Hope everyone is doing well. Going to attempt my first grow , Had a few questions thanks in advanced
    which fan/filter combo do you suggest on a budget. Wanted to do 5 plants , How many 3 gallon smart pots should I use in my space for Max yield and what saucers are you guys I probably have more questions work can’t think of any right now

Setup
    4x4x7 grow tent
    Phlizon 2000W High Power Series Plant LED Grow Light
    Mother Earth Coco Plus Perlite Mix+Calimag
    General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo Fertilizer se

3 gallon smart pots,
    Digital Hygrometer
    Ph up and down
    plug in timer
    plan to get oscillating fans
    Planting autos , I want to do 2 gorilla glue, 2 big bud, and 1 white widow, all Feminized photos by MSNL

What’s your budget ? Fan filter combo in my location run you about $400. Typhoon inline 6 inch fan and Cann air filter

Comment

That’s definitely over my Budget I’ll be keeping my tent in my room which is central air so can I get away with a vevo sun or AC infinity?

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        6” AC Infinity be fine for your tent

Don't worry, be happy. It will all work out. Happy growing.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I use a 4" AC Infinity which replaced a Vivosun plastic-shelled mess that tended to come apart. I use a 4" mostly because it's also the standard for dryer vents so it's easy to find a non-suspicious looking end piece for outside the house. The 4" filters are also much cheaper. Also, I use LED fixtures instead of anything super hot inside the tents so the wider ducting isn't necessary.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Wolfe0420
          Wolfe0420 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a great point, I’m using hps runs hot but touché if you can get away with using smaller fan then save urself some dollars

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m jealous! In the southern eastern US a 4” fan isn’t enough for my 2x4 tent 8 months out of the year

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree. LED lights (600 watts) in my 4x8x7 tent is hardly any heat. I run a 4” fan for the reasons you mentioned....easier discretion.

I run a 4x4 tent for pheno hunts.
        I use a 3x3 low-profile flood/drain tray sitting about 12" above the floor.
        I just drilled a couple of drain holes and just use a pail to catch run-off.
        3 gal fabric bags with coco/perlite.
        I run a 480-watt Meiju clone QB fixture
        I have 2 fans in the tent(both under 8", one clip-on, and the other is an oscillating fan).
        Clip-on is over the canopy and the oscillating sits in the f/d tray.
        I use a 6" extraction fan for air exchange.
        That's the size I'd use with a filter. A 4" would also work without filtration.
        Even though I only start with a very small plant(it's topped to the 3rd node and about 3 weeks old), they can get quite bushy.
        I've had as many as 7 mature plants simultaneously growing in the tray, and it was cramped.
        5 plants works best for me.

p.s.
        The lamp you're using has about 300-watts of 'blurple' diodes.
        Because they aren't that efficient compared to current-tech diodes. you will need another one of those fixtures to get adequate light levels for the entire 4x4 canopy.
        Last edited by gbauto; 01-07-2021, 08:36 PM.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thanks I was hoping the light would be ok but might pick up another

Comment

One question asked I didn't see an answer on is how many plants to put in your 4x4. I like to grow alot of smaller plants crammed in my space I seem to get a heavier harvest and smaller plants are easier to manage (my back and health aren't to good). I've never grown an auto so I've never used 3 gallon pots but I have been watching a guys journal where he has 8 3g autos in his 2x4 tent and it actually doesn't look crowded. I have 9 5g photos in my 4x4 other than it's hard to get to the ones in the back it's still under control, but I'm about to switch em to flower and 🤞 they don't get to far out of hand or crowded to the point of mold. Good luck and welcome to the neighborhood, there's many good people here that are friendly, very knowledgeable, and willing to share both.. 😎🌲
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            👇my one n only journal👇
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Sorry for the late response , haven’t been on here in a while but I plan to grow at least six plants in there. I picked up another light as the gentleman suggested, so now I have two of the same light ( got em both used 80 bucks each) but I might possibly do one more , so in summary -six autos (3 gorilla glue, 2 Big bud, 1 white widow and one possibly regular of OG Kush,I have also decided to go with the vivosun 6 inch 390 CFM And bought two little clip on fans .

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X