Buying seeds with credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying seeds with credit card

I’ve seen the discussion on several different threads. The way my bank works is they automatically deny any charges from China or Europe, I don’t remember who I ordered from now but I even called my credit card and told them I was going to have a charge coming in from the UK and it was still denied. So a lot of the problems people are having are due to what bank their card is issued from.

Talking all logically and shit, you must be in on the scam!

Comment

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      You caught me.....I’m actually a Nigerian prince and you won our lottery. To claim your funds send me 10k to pay your taxes.🤑😄

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Xena i got your email a few years ago, forgot all about it.. Whatcha need, my bank account number, routing number, social security? I'll send it!!!

I feel like pre-paid credit cards are an easy fix for this. I just use a regular credit card and then pay it off. It's basically like using my bank card. Only ones I can't use are the Visa cards

Comment

I was going to suggest the prepaid cards as well. Keeps a bit of a firewall between the purchase and your accounts.

Comment

I tried to use my credit card but couldn't get it to go through so I ended up going the Bitcoin route. I found a machine nearby and used cash to buy Bitcoins. Ended up working really well. Not sure if that's an option for you but may be something to look into. I also tried buying Bitcoin online but they wanted to use a bank card or account and I didn't feel comfortable with it. I felt transferring cash for Bitcoin was the better method.

Comment

I love bitcoin when I buy from Seedman in Europe, but I had no problem using my Visa to buy seeds on PacificSeedBank in the US.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I send cash or a check if they take it, that's all i've ever used. I've not been ripped off yet. I use New420Guys seeds. Same with overseas cash in a birthday card or some random card, really never had issue. I've not bought overseas in close to 2yrs now so i'm sure the issues are always banking and getting around the legalities.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

anyone tried High Supplies seeds? there prices look very good, and they accept credit cards. I ordered from seedsman, my bank rejected, and immediately sent me a text, if i wanted to accept the charges, said yes, and it went right through. that was at the end of 2018. I hear seedsman has issues now, and wouldn't buy from them.

Comment

• OldManGrower
                OldManGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                As to your comment; I have recently placed two orders with seedsman and received my shipment as ordered in 8 days.

If you're in the US, I'd recommend https://www.greybeardseeds.com/. I bought my last batch of seeds from them with a credit card, and had zero issues. They have some of the best prices and flat rate shipping to the US ($5). Ordered on a Friday and had them the following Saturday. Everything was in the breeder packaging, I Bought six seeds and they threw in two for free. Their selection is top notch too.

Comment

Why I use Paypal now. Most don't accept AMEX and I found a good Seedbank in the UK called https://www.coffeeshopseeds.com/ never had an issue with them for the last 3 yrs.
                Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                Full auto grow
                Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Drekthar
                  Drekthar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  so coffeeshop seeds takes paypal?

• Farmbuck
                  Farmbuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep !! Drekthar

My last purchase from Seedsman was with Bitcoin. No issues except for USPS losing or confiscating the package near Chi-town. Seedsman sent its replacement gift wrapped the next time. I am damn near done buying seeds for a while unless a few certain ones come available.
                Coconut Grove
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

[QUOTE= I am damn near done buying seeds for a while unless a few certain ones come available. [/QUOTE]

Hah! That's what we all say: I don't have to buy seeds: I can take it or leave it... Until the shakes set in... ;-}

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                  2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                  Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Originally posted by Xena View Post
                    I’ve seen the discussion on several different threads. The way my bank works is they automatically deny any charges from China or Europe, I don’t remember who I ordered from now but I even called my credit card and told them I was going to have a charge coming in from the UK and it was still denied. So a lot of the problems people are having are due to what bank their card is issued from.
                    Same here (few year ago in Canada) Then spent weeks trying to buy a blank money order (no can do after big borther) in the end sent cash...msnl actually no issues..was worried

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X