Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decision making assistance required (detailed situation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Decision making assistance required (detailed situation)

I have high elec bill, I have prime Original Glue drying in one room with an aircon unit on 23degC... I have a 35L/day dehumidifier in my hallway on high setting blowing toward the room where my Glue is drying, and in my spare room (2bedroom home) is my grow tent with 4 plants in late flower of seemingly 4 different strains but apparently just 2... I have an aircon in the grow tent too so I can reach 16-17degC at night... so please could you take a look at these pics and consider my idea: I’m thinking of turning the grow tent into a drying room, all blacked out, and keeping my remaining 4 plants (one I have not included in pics is ready to pull so 3) in this darker out room wjth about 40% humidity, with flush solution applied daily or every second day). Im thinking this will boost essential oil production but not cellular division of course... is this absurd? Should I just keep my aircon cranking and dehumidifier set up? Will this be a nice way to round my plants off for 2 weeks of so? To leave one grow tent darker out with drying bud and low humidity and low temperature (20-23).

It seems like I can’t get optimal humidity and temperature for my drying buds AND my growing plants whilst in summer here in Australia and they’re not in the same room. Same room equals same temp all the time and humidity: should I just do this? Run it night and day at 22 degrees constant and 45%RH, effectively cancelling out the temperature fluctuation for the last (what?) 1-2 weeks of flower

Granddaddy purple and Sirius Black, coco coir, week 8, medtek full nutrients (town-water setup) with the addition of Aptus Ecozen (enzyme).
    Attached Files

Should I just throw em in 21degC with the buds, in darkness or 12/12? Or should I keep everything how I’ve got it with high 60’s RH in grow room and high 50’s RH in drying room and 23-?degreees fluctuating with the f***ing suns movements

Comment

Hoowee...that’s a big word salad 😂 and i feel I’m a little too stoned to follow along.

ok...so your asking about:
      1) climate control for drying?
      2) climate control for final week(s) of flowering?
      3) length of a giraffe’s neck?🤷‍♂️

i’d say you answered all your own questions...put it all in one room. 22°C and 45 Rh ain’t too bad. Do what you can to get the room to the best climate you reasonably can, then find a way to tweak the tent to reach the night time temps you want. Use plenty of airflow in the room to help prevent moisture issues on the drying plants.

Keep us posted on how she comes along.

There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Is the light bound to affect the drying bud quality? It won’t be directly on them. And I’m especially keen to know if the temp fluctuations are ok for the drying growing of the buds. I’m gonna go with what u said about the giraffes neck and put all in one grow tent (drying buds and growing plants) and maintain 12/12 night and day with constant RH and 22Ctemp
        will keep updating

Comment

I used to dry my buds in a long box I had a 4 inch hole cut in both ends, I put a 6 inch fan to blow in the hole .the whole thing fit on top of my light Worked great for a long time
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Lewisbeattie have you thought about moving drying and tent into the same room so you're only controlling the environment in 1 room keep your tent closed and room light off for the drying stuff
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            👇my one n only journal👇
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X