Amnesia Haze fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amnesia Haze fans?

I have an Amnesia Haze Auto, 12 weeks plus in flower, plant itself is beautiful, flowers are bountiful, but they aren't getting fat and they aren't producing alot of sugar trichs on leaves, and what trichs are there are small button looking milky white. They never went through the glassy and plastic stage and they don't seem to produce stems, just heads on trichs. Ive got ample time to just let it grow, no hurries on my part, just curious if this is normal. Its not even draining nutrients out of the leaves yet so at least 4 weeks before its even close, my estimate. Breeder said 10 weeks max, waddya know, they ain't even close.
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

It appears to me, that your are two to three weeks away from harvest. Most of the pistils are still white and sticking straight up. Also, depending on the light and your magnifier, it can be difficult to tell trichomes color at times. Regardless of any particular reason, you are two weeks minimum away from harvest.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      2 or 3 weeks won't even be close to harvest time. I estimate at least 4 weeks, as I mentioned above, before I am even going to consider it being close. My question is, for people who are familiar with this strain, is it normal for this particular strain to take so long before it really produces Trichromes and is it normal for this strain to produce trich heads without stems. Im fairly familiar with what flowers and Trichromes should look like at harvest. As well as all stages of growth. What I am not familiar with is trichs which just pop up like mushrooms, skipping all normal development phases and appearing as small pearls, with no clear plastic or glass appearance. Ive grown for many years. Only about 5 indoors and only last 2 with autos. I know autos can have some different characteristics. Thats all I was wondering about. But thanks 😊

Woodsman67 - You are mistaken. The various strains don't require specific fans. You are welcome.

That said, I agree with OldManGrower...but could go longer in my novice opinion. 12 weeks in flower and the pistils haven't curled in - Wow?! My Critical XXL and Golden Tiger X Panama didn't sparkle up much but boy oh boy are they potent. The XXL had some pistils sticking out too.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      No mistakes. I am definitely a heavy indica guy. This was a freebie and not in my wheelhouse. This thing didn't even show flowers for 5 weeks. But the Trichromes are the real puzzler. I will try and get a magnified pic. Tiny pearls. And they just pop up a few here and there daily. I think its a genetic freak. No distinct smell either

Huh now that's something interesting i'd really like to see a trich shot. I can't recall the time i grew it but like you i prefer more indica heavy hybrids. Yours will i bet turn the corner. Have you tried any molasses with your waterings?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a teaspoon of molasses every watering for flower. Not just for the sugars but the npk is perfect. Its just an oddity, I thought. I checked the date on the tag, Germed 10/2, its just weeeeird lol.

Some varieties don't get all that sugary. Some are still potent but with most of the THC in the seed bracts and not trichomes. The only haze I've grown is Purple Haze. It gets a bit frosty but not like some others I've grown before.
    Last edited by UndergroundFarmer; 01-05-2021, 06:32 PM.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Thanks! That's re assuring
      has a garden in the back

Comment

Just as I thought she just wasn't gonna give me fat sparkly flowers, she came through. Germ on 10/4, potted on 10/5, still a few weeks to go but man these pictures do not do this plant justice. Still not alot of smell, maybe thats just typical of this strain, most of the flowers are out of this room so its not drowned out by white cheese and lemon haze 🙂. This is only third Auto grow for me, a total of 10 plants. All finished around 10-12 weeks with amber trichs. I now have more clear trichs and they have some stem, still lots of button shaped pearls as well. Day 3 of week 16 best I can figure, I've lost count.
      has a garden in the back

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang that's a long grow but well worth it looks like. 12wk autos man oh man sounds about right though really. Heck of a harvest coming

• Woodsman67
        Woodsman67 commented
        Editing a comment
        It is looking like week 19 as a finish, im not really going to pay attention to trichs, I don't think this plant has much longer to live. A Blueberry auto I started 8 weeks ago is already starting to show signs of finishing, this one other than leaves turning yellow and falling off, still looks strong pistil wise.

I took her outside this morning, let the snow fall on her. Hoping to induce some final trich production and put an idea into her hard head its time to finish. I think the white background of snow in the stairwell let the true colors show. I would really like some grower input here. To recap, this is an auto Amnesia Haze, seed dropped 10/04/2020, 5 gal airport, 600 watt HPS, Foxfarms products by schedule. plant is gaining mass still. Last 2 weeks have been feeding only Big Bloom and molasses. Trich production has finally taken off but no sign of amber. At 18 weeks I am approaching double the grow time the breeder said necessary. Still no discernable smell. Still producing leaves in the colas and white pistils. I find it interesting, and hopefully this isn't gonna be a waste of time. Id hate to have all this time involved and not get a decent return. Similar experiences?? Any thoughts
      has a garden in the back

Comment

18 weeks from sprout?? Thats crazy?
        Who is the breeder? I done my fair share of Amnesia Haze autos.. i dont have the patience for the flower time in the photo variant.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe you got a lazy phenotype?
          The ones I made was finished by week 10 maybe 11. Rock hard buds. My backyard every summer is filled with autos. But the breeder was RQS

• Woodsman67
          Woodsman67 commented
          Editing a comment
          It took so long to even show a flower I was beginning to think it was a photo, but then they gradually came and filled out. I was thinking the same thing about the lazy phenotype. It could just be a throwback genetically.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea because as budgal is saying, it’s still beautiful and have a good size right. So I hope it’s the time worth it.

I'm going out on a limb here cause she's gonna big a great smoke having her this long and healthy. Bless your patience Woodsman67 wish i had enough in my cabinet to spend such a long indoor grow as you've done. But i'm bettin she rocks your world
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Woodsman67
          Woodsman67 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am going to see my son and grandkids for a week, I was planning on cutting it down regardless of color or smells when I returned, its been so long now its kinda like a pet 😄. Its just a hobby that helps me fight my battles, I wanted a strong Sativa to see if daytime medication could be a little more uplifting, and I always say that growing is a big part of the therapy so if it takes extra long then so be it. But this is messing up my schedule dang it lol

• Woodsman67
          Woodsman67 commented
          Editing a comment
          And your always so kind and supportive, thanks!

Just curious what your temp and humidity is at? If VPD is out of whack then there is a reduction in nutrient flow from the roots to the buds and back again.
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Temps range from 64 to 78 deg F. Humidity is lower than id like, averaging 34%. It doesn't seem to have a nutrient issue, I did flush it thoroughly a few weeks ago, using PH balanced water. It did start sapping nutes out of the leaves around that same time, but its still producing new single blade leaves, almost like a regenerated plant.
          has a garden in the back

Comment

Using an avg of 70F and 34% Rh results in a high VPD. A high VPD causes the plant to dry out, which isn’t something you don’t want when you re trying to squeeze liquid THCa out of the calyx. You might see some great crystals start popping out if you can get that Rh up to between 40-50%. 👍
            Last edited by YYCannabis; 02-09-2021, 05:05 PM.
            There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
            1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
            2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
            3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X