Humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity

Humidity. Can’t get rid of it My grow box is a 2x2x3 ft. Growing area l am growing hydroponic deep water culture. I have dehumidifiers with beads that Didn’t work bought a electric dehumidifier that can’t bring the humidity down ether it stays in the 80s and high 70s i use 4gallions of water in my reserevoir

You need a bigger grow space or don't do hydro. Just my opinion.

Comment

Hi Gerald. If you can post a pic of your space it would help a bit.

Are you recycling the air in the tent?
      Or venting air out on a regular cycle?
      What’s the temp and humidity in the room where the tent is?
      What kind/size dehumidifier?
      Do you have fans moving air around?
      What stage of growth are the plants?

Like what dphipps1020 said, You need a bigger space or nix the hydro. I do DWC in 5 gal buckets, i currently have 1 plant that is ~28” tall from the bucket. The bucket is another 15” in height. That puts her at 43”. I’m not sure what you have for lights, but you need to have some headroom above the plant for lights. Proper training of the plants might help keep them shorter and stay within your limited height.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Hey there Gerald! Is there any way at all for you to hook a hose up to your dehumidifier so it can continuously drain externally? Having to constantly dump that reservoir is prohibitively annoying.

Comment

I had a grow cabinet that came with exhaust fans that where way too small. Even though humidity outside the cabinet was in the mid 40s it would rise to the mid 60s inside. I hooked up an external exhaust fan and now the humidity rise is only 5%.

Comment

What is your dehumidifier size ?
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I am growing in my fermentation chamber for brewing beer with a A/C unit underneath my grow box keeping temperatures between i70and 80 degrees but I don’t have a evacuation system in place. And in the cooler months we’re having the A/C isn’t going on. I do have a small fan circulating air but not a fan to evacuate the air witch I will be installing. Thanks for getting back with all the information. Have a great day.

I have meylofibrosis cancer of the bone marrow. Thank god for MJ. Bone and mussel pain off most of my pain pills and my transfusions are spreading way apart.

Comment

You've probably got a lot of time/effort into your setup but might want to consider going to soil.
                Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Will be trying a evacuation system. That is what I do not have.

just harvest my momma Mia looking good just drying out.

Comment

• gbauto
                    gbauto commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think that because your grow space is so small, trying to regulate that small volume with growing plants as well as a hydro system isn't feasible.
                    Being able to circulate air with a larger room will help to stabilize humidity swings.
                    If high humidity is just a fact of life where you live(like it is for me), being able to use a dehumidifier to regulate the lung room is much easier than a small space.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X