No announcement yet.

New Grower Just Completed First Heavy Pruning Looking For Opinions On Result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL New Grower Just Completed First Heavy Pruning Looking For Opinions On Result

Hey my long winded title says most of it just completed my first pruning on my Mango Kush I started the 12/12 flowering 3 days ago no sign of pestles yet but I have noticed already a significant growth spurt which prompted me to suck it up and get pruning I mainly focused on the interior fan leaves directly above growth nodes and minor lower branches I’m sure will atrophy but after finishing I’m a bit concerned with how big my trimmed leaf pile is she’s not a big girl but she’s definitely got girth I’m mainly looking for constructive criticism and I’m curious of whether you all think I should be worried about future stress from this heavy pruning

ps ignore the plant in the bottom right it’s unrelated to this forum weed got me interested in gardening

pps ignore the drooping too she’s a pretty dramatic drooper at night
    Attached Files

I did the same thing just a few months ago. It only hurts the first time. Sit back and watch the magic. You did good and you will improve as you dial in growing.
    “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
    ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Oh one more thing I try to focus on light penetration and air circulation (the plant rewards both)
      “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
      ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Yes cybersmib is right it only hurts the first time, and if that hurt you wait until the first time you supercrop a branch it's still a little unnerving to grab a beautiful branch and just fold it in half literally like you would a water hose to stop the water.

Great lookin plants 🌲😎
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          What about when you bend them and they snap right in half? There's another gut wrenching feeling the first time it happens, especially when there's a lot of bud sites. Now though, we know to support it and wrap it and it will mend itself in a matter of weeks.

Looks good to me. Just curious about when you say night. Are you meaning the lights are about to go off? She looks really droopy to me, even for that. When you water, are you watering until the pot is heavy? Do you give a few days in between watering to let it dry? Just wondering about your watering practices really.

Comment

• TheKieftan
          TheKieftan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I actually seem to be a natural at measuring weight by hand I try to wait until the pot is a lot lighter but still has a tiny bit of bottom heaviness I normally only need to water every 2-3 days when I do I try to get the pot back to the original weight which is heavy but not drenched with water dripping out I was also surprised by how much she droops but I did some research and Mango Kush does this pretty drastically and I’m not to worried since every morning her leaves are perfectly horizontal I do mean night cycle about 2 or so hours before the lights turn off she starts to droop

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X